Thread: ARoP oddity - maybe bug, maybe working as intended

Default ARoP oddity - maybe bug, maybe working as intended

This happened on Unity.

Some days ago, I joined a group to help a dragon on his final leg of ARoP, the journey to Rift. Everything went fine and well, with us killing the four Guardians without too much trouble. The abilities and Elial's remains were collected as they should.

Finally, we faced Elial himself. Alas, his might was too much for us to handle and we all persihed in battle. Searching a bit, we discovered we were the last Rift-capable dragons still online and decided to postpone a rematch to next day.

So, new evening, more dragons, Elial's battlefield. He is, perhaps unsurprisingly, nowhere to be seen. I have witnessed this before: the Guardians and Elial never seem to stick around to overstay their invitations and probabyl despawn on a timer. After severl fruitless queries towards the NPC, the dragon deletes the quest and relogs. It has worked before with Guardians, so most likely with Elial too.

But it won't. Elial is not respawning. We discover that the dragon lost his remains of Elial when he spoke to the NPC previous evening. This might be the reason, we conjencture, and theorize if some other ancient who still has their trophies sacrifices them in name of science, we might be able to complete his ARoP. Until we discover the remains are attuned to owner.

The said dragon is now waiting to hear of another adult going to Rift and hopes to complete the task at the same time. This however raises the question if everything was working as intended, or if some obscure bug kept him from summoning Elial again. More specifically, where did Elial's remains disappear to? Is this how the quest works these days? Did we screw up by not killing Elial before he made his disappearing trick?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

This is not a bug, but it is an unfortunate side-effect of the way the quest was created. Killing each of the guardians gives you the necessary parts of Elial. The quest for Elial spawns him and deletes the items (they are used to recreate him in effect). SO deleting the quest (which is a bad thing, m'kay?) has broken it. And since the player has already completed the guardian quests he/she cannot delete them to do them over.

So, tihs one will require GM involvement in order to take any further steps.

I had this same problem on my ARoP. We were doing a triple header that night and due to a misunderstanding from the Ancient helping us we spawned three Elials. So rather than bang out heads against a while and die all night we went to bed. The next morning he was gone and like you we were stuck.

How did we solve the problem? We had to wait for another ARoPer to come by and ride his tail (so to speak) through the last part of ARoP. So yeah thats prolly what your gonna have to do.

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

He deleted the Elial kill task in the usual manner used to coerce uncooperative Guardians to spawn. None of the participating ancients, I believe, were aware of the change to the quest which now devours Elial's remains.

There has been no change to the quest in many many months or ever that I am aware of.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

That's strange. There's a whole load of ancient dragons - myself included - that can link all four Elial's parts to chat whenever requested (again, on Unity, don't know how things have worked on Chaos and Order). This is the first time I hear about a dragon not being able to bring them out from ARoP as trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    That's strange. There's a whole load of ancient dragons - myself included - that can link all four Elial's parts to chat whenever requested (again, on Unity, don't know how things have worked on Chaos and Order). This is the first time I hear about a dragon not being able to bring them out from ARoP as trophies.
    I would assume the can link them because they did the quest with others and only the 1 person who spawns him looses the body parts.

When i understood him right, he regains the quest to kill Elial, but he just does not spawn. That would mean he should be able to go further with another ARoP Group.

Btw. this ARoP gets WAY to easy broken... the RoP is technically the better quest. When something goes wrong you can delete the subpart and start over. On the ARoP i know 2 friends who deleted some needed parts of the quest by accident, when deleting lootstuff. They are now stucked without any chance of going further until GN starts there support again, which does not matter anyway for them because they arent playing anymore...

Julius would be the 3rd dragon i know closly...
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

Thread Information