Thread: A stranger in a strange land

Default A stranger in a strange land

(Closed RP except for those mentioned in the Journals)
    Journal Entry #1 : A new Spiritual Isle beginning

A startling flash of light, that is the beginning of my clear memories. Though events appear hazy in the background before this, like dreams or memories of another life. Right now I am greeted with an island where crystals float and light shines all around. A few people are here, large and strange people who's feet touch the dirty ground.

I take a moment to collect myself. Who am I? A name surfaces to current memory; "I am Svayvti Wyldshaper", protector of Istaria and one who guides the forces of the Wyld.

Where am I from? These memories are far less clear, only vague images of forest and jungle. Fleeing from a faceless terror that does not rest, but pursues me relentlessly.

With only vague recollections of my past, I face my present and begin introducing myself to those around me. I learn that I am here because I have been "reborn" as one of the "Gifted". To this end these alien races are recruiting my help in fighting off armies of the dead, something I find myself compelled to help fight against even if I am not persuaded to fight 'for' these people.

Since free training is offered by these people I have chosen to learn, I have chosen the path of the mage and the scholar so that I can learn to overcome all that I have seemingly forgotten.

- Svayvti Wyldshaper
    Last edited by Svayvti; June 7th, 2006 at 04:09 AM.

Journal Entry #2 : New Trismus

My training on the "Spirit Isle" was short-lived. Such a small enclosed place had little for me to learn. I have journeyed to New Trismus and learned about the Human empire from Tazoon, and the many other giant races.

My people the Dryads have survived here in small numbers, as have the Satyrs who I vaguely recall as having met before. The ancient elves are also here, they have been through hard times but they endure and persist. They alone of the new races endear my trust. Ancient friends of the Dryads and followers of Alyssa. I've introduced myself to all the races for a Tazoon ambassador and to help spoil a wedding. For now I keep returning to New Trismus and Kion. Feladan is the only city in which I feel at home so far however.

I continued my mage studies with a large portly creature called a "Gnome". Though I must admit so far I have found all the races to be either large or portly. The mages seemed an impractical lot, seeking knowledge but not understanding. Seeking scholarship but not a community of learning. So on one journey on their behalf I learned about the order of the Spiritists. They impressed upon that they seek true knowledge of everything and to help each other. I have joined this order and I do not know much about their secretive ways, but I enjoy learning from them. Still something about their secrecy and the magics they control puts me at unease, but I have no reason not to trust them so far.

The School of the scholars also doesn't seem to have any respect for my mind. They wasted my time having me simply dig for rocks so that they can press their own spells. So I joined the ranks of Outfitters to at least be a productive member of society. Perhaps I will later show these dirt wallowing creatures what applied scholarship is some day.

For now I eek out a living among the Saris and seek a guild or group with which to learn and grow in these new regions of Istaria. Preferably one where I might mingle with some of the other eastern races like Dryads, Elves and Satyrs.

- Svayvti Wyldshaper
    Last edited by Svayvti; June 5th, 2006 at 06:54 PM.

Journal Entry #3 : The Descent of Darkness through the Spirit

"Mwa Ha ha! I've been turning the powers of Blight against the Withered Aegis. It amuses me to no end to see the old foes collapse from their own powers. What could possibly be a more deserving fate for those wretched abominations? Unfortunately I must satisfy myself with minor pockets of the cursed Withered Aegis and am not powerful enough to confront their main forces. But my power of Spirit and Blight are growing under the tutelage of the Brotherhood of Spiritists.

Unfortunately I must confess that they don't fully take me into their confidence. The silly creatures even skulk around in hiding from their own kinds sometime. Makes me want to play tricks on them for their sillyness, but I've been holding myself back so far. At least that is one decision I've stuck to!

Now taking up a tradecraft, that isn't a decision that I've made yet. Yes, I've been a little fickle going back and forth between the Tailoring school and the Scholar school. Don't tell my teachers! They're already upset that I'm not their best student. Their crazy lectures get a little long sometimes though and I'd rather be out fighting and tricking the Blight cursed undead! May Alyssa personally curse them! Alyssa, hmm....

There are so few of my people out here. So far Holm the Orator is the only non-gifted I've seen that made it. May the Withered Aegis be thrice cursed under Death's final stare!

One of the things that I vaguely remember liking about our old homeland is that we didn't have those annoying Dragons. Over-inflated egos that just beg for a Dryad's sting to let all their hot air out. Big and strong they are, small and smart they are not, hah ha! The worst of them all are the Lunus, I can not believe Alyssa would approve of how they fail to get along with any other living creature or respect their own place in the world. They want to think themselves so superior that nothing else matters. Mere snowball peltings will not do for them, no I prefer finding scale thorns to wedge in their feet when they go to act like they might step on me. Time for me to find a few more of those!"

- Svayvti Wyldshaper the Gifted

Scale thorns?! *quickly checks between his toes where Svaytvi was hovering only last night.* I wonder how this Dryad will fare among the Elder Spirits, the body of friends who have recently accepted him into their midst, especially since I -- I. Percival Dragon -- am the Guild Master. . . .

We shall see, indeed we shall *nods his head contemplatively as he continues to inspect his feet for any 'gifts' left by the perplexing Dryad.*

Icabald Percival Dragon
    Proud (yes, PROUD) Guild Master of Elder Spirits
    Assistant Editor of the Shard Herald of Order

Good thorns are hard to come by honorable Helian. I reserve them for most unfriendly and mean Lunus who try to step on Dryads!

Snowballs it is for the Cold Drake! I need them to make sure you don't forget to pay attention to important small things.

My journals do not yet detail the many large events since joining Elder Spirits, but they will in the 4th part and I will open this journal to response from those who get mentioned.

Svayvti

Might I say, You have chosen wisely in joining the Elder Spirits a truly Great Guild in Members and in Reputation I wish you well.
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

just dont put any thorns between my scales or into my claws and youll be fine in my book if you do then id suggest running for dear life.
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Default Svayvti's Journal (Semi-Closed RP)

(Still closed RP unless your character is mentioned by name)
    Journal Entry #4: Spirit, who calls thy name?

"Much has changed. After speaking with some of our western brethren, the elves I was introduced to the order of the Elder Spirits. Like so many groups of gifted they are a group of all gifted races striving to fight the Withered Aegis. I was introduced to their leader, Icabald the Helian Dragon by Sain the Saris and Sharaea the Elf.

Seeing as continuing in the Spiritst path will be a long and lonely one, I need a more cooperative group like the Elder Spirits to make my way along in the world as a Gifted. The Spiritists... powerful they are, but I start to wonder what they keep so hidden? and why do they feel the need to hide it? I get bored of this toiling in Lesser Aradoth.

Now one bad thing about the Elder Spirits is this Lunus problem they have. Keltchamn! Soooooo much trouble that one is! If I don't continue teaching these Lunus their lesson, then I'm afraid many of the less dextrous and gifted races will suffer their claws. Teaching them is so much fun too, they get so angry and frustrated when they just can't step on me. I float like a butterfly, but sting like a bee big dragons.

On the notes of my schooling, I've progressed well in tailoring and taken up weaving too. I've always been working with the scholars some more, awfully pretentious folk but I've discovered the enchanters and spellcrafters will accept me if I manage to squeeze enough knowledge out of the scholars while picking at the rocks. Bah, rocks. Let the dwarves live among the rocks and let the Dryads drift on the essence of the wind and nature.

Oh, exciting news! I found an elder gifted Dryad by the name of Glimmers Red. She helped me with some tools and showed great Dryad hospitality. I will try to learn more about the fate of our people in these lands when I get a chance."

of the Elder Spirits

Journal Entry #4: A new path

"So much has happened. Where should I start? After much urging I bought a
    plot in Apia to develop after I'd been working on Stonegazer's with my
    weaving skills. Only, I didn't check to carefully to see who my neighbors were
    before getting the land. Keltchamn the dragon laired close by to my northwest!

As can be expected, she came and landed on my scaffolding and damaging the fledgling structures. She even swiped and knocked down a support pole with her tail damaging it. I had already warned her when I saw her flying for my plot that if she caused any damage I'd make her pay for it... so I did. I grabbed an old spear from her hoard and used it to replace my pole. Of course she got mad and went on a rampage and her lair isn't quite safe to visit from the scale thorns I dropped in there. Keltchamn even showed up alter with what she claimed was a bone from a Dryad, saying "Svayvti yells at me... so I ate one of his friends"

I also heard a long tail about a sleeper and how Lunus blame non-dragons for
    endangering their race. Something about a war here in the western lands that us Dryads and the Satyrs weren't even around for. I still hold that they are unreasonable creatures, short on understanding... but, Glimmers Red told me the story of her adopted father and how she became one of the Gifted. A lunus dragon actually had compassion on Dryads while fighting the Withered Aegis. I will search for articles to back this up and attach them as proof when I have the chance. So maybe they aren't all bad & they're just sometimes childish as Icabald seemed to imply by calling Keltchamn
    clumsy and "fun to be around". So maybe I'll try to be a good neighbor and
    give her another chance?

Also, I'm done with the Spiritists. Their dark magic and secrecy is no good,
    even if used against the Withered Aegis. It does me no good to defeat the
    enemy if one becomes the enemy. I was duped on a quest to find a Druid circle and instead found a bunch of Bloodmages, a secret special order of the
    Spiritists.

But great good it has been! For I've learned of my people and the Druids! I've
    learned that my people are working on a great project, and I've remembered
    and been shown that the proper magic of a Dryad is nature magic. At the
    'Dryad's Lil' Tree' big things grow!"

- Dryad of the Elder Spirits

Default You WHAT?!

You WHAT?! My dear little dryad, be very, very careful with Keltchamn. She may be young (and quite clumsy, if she has not improved since growing to an adult) and even a bit naive at times; but she is My charge, and a charge I take very seriously. Alas, there's not much I can do now, is there? But soon, I will be back. And my poking finger is back in shape *cackles*

Thread Information