Thread: Can I get a road or a path?

Default Can I get a road or a path?

I have a plot on Aiya which I love but, I have no road or path anywhere near it. I can never find the same way twice to my plot. I must climb or try to climb up embankments just to get to it. Now running with a cargo disk only makes this more frustrating. I would even settle for a marker just something that tells people this is the way to the plots up the hill. A road bonus would be nice but I just want a path or something to help me and others find the plots away from the pad.

you want a custom road right to your plot?..................................

Aiya is a guild community. It would seem to make sense to me that in any community, there will be at the very least a path from one's house to town. I don't believe the OP is asking for too much here, they even say they don't have to have the road bonus. They just want a way to make it fairly apparent where their plots are - apparently they are on a hill somewhat out of sight, with a restricted approach.

Think of what they are asking for as a driveway, that seems to me to be what they are asking for. Maybe only a gravel driveway, not paved, but a driveway so people know where to turn in to find their house, instead of having to park on the side of the road and wander through the woods to their front door.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    you want a custom road right to your plot?..................................
    helz yeah!
    Got Cowbell?

aiya is no guild community its only a normal settlement and my wife owns the last plot there on top of the hill.

and yes a road at all would be nice

or like mentioned by Ankua a boulder or anything that markers: hey this unbelievable gapping can be walked.

there are two steps, the first looks unpassable but you can walk upwards
    the second step you have to look at, would be nice if there would be a marker

OK, weird, I seem to recall Aiya being a guild community. Was it a guild community in the past, but no longer?

Ah well, the sentiment still is the same, even if it's not a guild community, it was designed as a community, and at least a fairly well marked path with no road bonus should show the way to homes that aren't directly off a road, and very close to said road.

Never was for guilds.. its just a nice area, roads tend to destroy those

but it could be an eco friendly road. not paved with tar....but resembling a goat trail......and yes it is a little difficult finding the spot where you can run up the slope to the desired plot.
    Chaos Kryu-Saris
    33 Druid,40 Cleric,17 Warrior,8 Mage,64 Carpenter, 54 Mason, 54 Enchanter, 43 Fitter, 31 Weaver
    Moragon-Dragon : 63 Adv, 47 DRCA, 13 LS

Aiya is a settlement, the guild community is Apia... I get them confused at times too.
    (My apologies to people I directed to Apia to attune at Falathien)

i wondered why Aiya have no road at all, normal there is one connecting the plots

but not at aiya

it would be really nice to be able to construct roads.. obviously not *everywhere* though
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

You don't need no stinkin road...

I think I have a road to all my plots.. cept 1.. and thats actually in a guild community. That one doesnt have a road because it is pretty much land locked between a few other plots. Only reason I dont have an issue with it is because the distance from the road to the plot is quite short.

One of my plots though, I tend to run x-country to it, even though it has a road, because of the fact that from the nearest portal pad, it takes less time to get there off the road then if I actually followed the road for the whole distance.

Perhaps if you ported in to the Neighboring community to the NE of your plot you could get to your plot in a more reasonable amout of time then by porting to your actual town.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Default Cross country is really not an option

I wish I could but if you know the terrain there it has a stream backed by a mountain so coming from that way is even longer. The main problem is where can I go up an embankment and where you cannot. Aiya is basically a mountainside with plots terraced upon it. A deer path would be perfect or a rock marker here and there. I do not need a highway or road going straight to my plot. I am not asking for Mia's Edge road ways only markers so I can tell builders where and how to get to my plot. Most plots in the game have a roadway within 30 meters of a plot. As for Aiya plots try several hundred meters away. So I ask only for what most have, a path thats is easy to navigate to my plot and the other plots around me. Please don't say I do not need a path to my plot if you are lucky enough to be within a 100 meters of a road to your own plot. If you want to say I do not need a road maybe they should delete your current roads and put embankments that block your path. Then I bet you would have a whole different view on this subject.

Ankua, I'm certain that you were aware of the road situation when you bought your plot, if you are so utterly unhappy with the situation I'm pretty certain that you could always sell your plot and go buy a new one right next to a road. Your contention that 'most' plots are within 30m of a road is pretty funny, lots of plots aren't. In fact, there are some plots/lairs that aren't even within 500m of a road.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

My plot is much farther than 30m from a road, but I picked it and I like it. Aiya is a nice place, a road would ruin it, imo.

I hope you don't let any of the negative postings here discourage you from at least attempting to request a road. A friend of mine did just that for the plot area she and a friend own plots and were nicely surprised to find their request granted with this last patch.

So, file a support ticket and cross your fingers. You never know.

I say if anyone wants to craft that badly give em anything they want

Default Ask and you shall receive!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    I hope you don't let any of the negative postings here discourage you from at least attempting to request a road. A friend of mine did just that for the plot area she and a friend own plots and were nicely surprised to find their request granted with this last patch.

So, file a support ticket and cross your fingers. You never know.
    Going to my plot in aiya yesterday I notice they now have added the road just as requested in this thread a few weeks ago. For those who don't know Aiya it is built on hills that go up like 5 levels with a couple plots on each level. It was kinda hard to tell where you could and couldn't go up these hills as most places where not scalable. They have now added a road heading north up the hills from the bottom level to the top levels. There are also little roads going to most of the plots along the new road. It makes the town nicer with the road connecting the plots together now. It's nice the Dev show they are listening to suggestions and acting on some.

Guess Snow was right, You never know.
    ~Robins (Dark Defenders)

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(100)Crossbowman/(66)Healer/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(98)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(71)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(80)Armorer/(86)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (68)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

That's awesome news Robins! Ahh, a little ray of sunshine in torrent skies.

wow great

i hope Unity will get this patch too

yes sometimes its very nice to see the fast reaction from TG if you suggest something

Thread Information