Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who trust in unity ?

Xeno

Default Who trust in unity ?

Hi folks,

as the question in my subject, here is my awnser:

I do a lot !!!
    I think we'll have much more fun (and much more lags of course[:P]) with a big community. Also the economy should become alive again......and of course all following events.....

I dont care about possible player name changes, plot discussions or everything bad what could happen ig.

Now we reached a point, united as one server, european server, where only the most faithful players remain. A healthy community. A new start. A new hope.

Lets give it a good start, without big discussions about plots, names or such a shi... !!! Lets have fun - i suppose.

Gimme ur opinion here,

greetings,

Default Re: Who trust in unity ?

i was a bitskeptic to this merge first, voted no but could addept to it, butas i see ittoday, i see many positive things with it.

Things that changed my mind.
    Ii was really sad to see newbie islands like new Brommel being totally deserted.. not a single soul wandering those nice Islands thati myselfhad so much fun in my first levels..

The number of players are decreasing, just look at the consigners.. we had like 1000+ with items in kion some months ago, the last few weeks we had 400-600..
    And by looking at the popular chatrooms, you see a steady decrease of players..

Lack of content/community, those who still play this game was always occupied either by hunting or crafting..
    No playerevents what so ever, we had a silver leaf innevent some months ago on earth that was really fun, but nowadays... nothin..
    This will hopefully be changed due to more active players and more ideas, joining on one big server.

Things im a bit worried over.

Lag.. and Db-lag, more players mean more lag, (i think, strange though), the last days on earth was horrible.. the db-lag was unbearable... switching formulas when crafting took minutes and looting mobs was a real pain.. some mobs was unlootable and justliedthere intiltheir timer ran out and removedem.
    And the lag was really nasty too, new rachival is my bindingspot and will always be, andthe same goes for alot of otherplayers..
    But i dont think its meant to run around thereand play in 4-8 fps, or even worse..
    (Bleh, this is turning into a rant)

Now Earthwas only Healthy at the status screen, this may have triggered this strange lags,but i hope that it will get better now after the merge..

But besides the lag im all positive toit.

I know alot of players are worried about their plots, cant blame em, im a dragon so i dont have to worry about it, but for the bipeds i know these weeks ahead is going to be tough.. cant say much about it since im not really into that plot-thingie.. but keep in mind that there is plenty of plots for everyone.. (exept for the guildplots of what iwe heard)
    Aenos on the Unity Shard
    One of those rare Helians. [Retired]
    draggy adventurer lev 100 / crafter lev 81

Hmm, have to admit that i was a bit spectical at first, but changed my mind also.

Main reason to vote "NO" was, that i feared the lag to be doubled, if not trippled.
    But the more i think about it, the more i feel lag has not much to do with the amount of players online. I came to the conclusion that lag was bad the past few weeks, as GN held our shards on the short end on purpose. May have something to do with the struggle that was going on behind the scenes (Tulga cancelling old treaty with GN and wanting to pay less).

So i really hope that with one shard GN is really looking to keep this server clean and running smoothly. IF that happens we will sure have a great time together on UNITY!

[:)]

if theserver will run smooth all will be good .. if they decide to save some euros and do not provide the DB/Serverpower for this shard then i am out in 3 weeks from now i think.
    We all know how the client runs on the minimal system and if this is true too for the server... [*-)]

Beside this i think more players arround can be really nice even if this means the good spots will be crowded and there will be many more ppl looking for the same plots that i want to get my fingers on.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Narrabeurt

My initial reaction to the merge was to decide to call it quits. However, thanks to the intervention of freinds within the guild and community, I have been 'persuaded' to give Unity a chance and will give it until my subscriiption runs out in December to see what's what.

Right now, I'm sort of looking forward to meeting some of the people behindnames I've seen posting in the forums and hopefully finding some new freinds.

Someone reminded me that I took a leap of faith when I started playing.. and that maybe it was time to take another one.. so..

fingers crossed.. here we go [:D]

well my main fear is in the Lag thingy and about the lack of mob and ressource spot (except if the devs do what they should about it)
    Of course lack of Guild plots is a shame....

Wait and see [^o)]
    on the road again !
    100 Warr/100 clrc/100 Berserker
    Born of Black Wind, Fire & Steel !

I also voted for "no", but now we have to live with it. [:(]

My biggest concerns are also a) the plots and b) ressources.
    I feel bored to tears at the moment without a decent plot to build something on it and about which I can be very proud when it is finished. It would be really, really sad for me to end up with some of this tiny-plots in the middle of nowhere.
    Gah.... I dare not to think about this any longer. Maybe I see everything too black at the moment [8-)]
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

Myself and the Guild Voted NO to the NA patch all those weeks ago...

Which in the end was over turned by AE...

So we then spent weeks without plots and Buildings

[:|]

Then Myself and the Guild Voted NO again to the 3 to 1 server merge but looks like we got it anyways...

[:S]

The major concerns of most players is going be server preformance aka the LAG MONSTER

[8-)]

Stay out of New Rach peeps its going be hell in there !!!

[li]

Aenos. I think one main reaon why the trading with consignor almost died is because the lack of repaired machines and the lack of Pale Wisps as one example:

Before the big patch, Kion consigner was flooded bny resources and specially pale Orbs as they where easy to make and many sellable items are made from Essence. As it is harder now to get pale, market have gone down. I stopped to make spells untill the Pale problem is solved and untill we can use silos. Im convinced that the market will have a ******** good flow after we got plots, silos, new storage and rebuilded the broken machines as without machines, its to timeconsuming to make things. Glowing wisps has allways been more timeconsuming but the glowing wisps where at leat gathered closer to eachothers than the pale id tofday. I havnt checked the glowing out but I cant imagine its easier to get glowing essence than pale essence. Why focus at essence? Soooo many items requires essence and spells is my kind of buisness really (with Sourfang) and every teched item requires it as well but in lower quantities.

Market will flow. *smiles*
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Alyssia Petalwing

The reason Earth keeps showing as 'healthy' was posted some time ago. As I recall, a couple of servers in the culster weren't sending their status reports correctly (but were functional otherwise, regardless). Go figure.

What comes to market situation, I think big part of reason is that selling things on consigner simply doesn't pay. Demand for unteched goods isn't very high, and people just don't pay enough to make it worth the time invested - a crafter will gain more by selling things to pawn. This mostly limits the crafting to something you make for guild members, or something you make 'per orders', with techs added in.

Do I trust to unity server? I think that's not really the point. Do question is do I trust to GN and Tulga? I don't. Not anymore. The list of things that were promised, or supposed to be there.. and never delivered, or changed, is simply too long.

I don't want to point fingers too much on this whole mess - if I had to, I'd probably put most of the blameon Infogames(Atari), since I do not doubt for a second that AE wanted HZ to be a big success, and didtheir besttowards making it so. But in the end, it all seems to boil down to not having enough resources to keep it up.

Now it gives me the feeling that Tulga is tightening the belt all around, including the deal with GN. GN customer service seems to have trickled down to near halt from what I see - and every response I've had lately had been from Ryson, and no one else. With the sudden need to consolidate, against what seemed to be a clear majority of playerbase saying 'no' to it, it doesn't give me a trusting feeling at all.

Again, I can't really blame AE or Tulga about this - I'm sure they are doing what they feel they must. It just that it doesn't bode well. Possibly GN will continue to host the EU servers with more limited resources. Perhaps the deal will be off, and hosting will move directly to Tulga (in which case I hope for the sake of all who are planning to stay, that Tulga will get the player save files from GN). Who knows.

Maybe.. just maybe.. Tulga can stabilize the game with the changes that are going on. Maybe they'll be able to come out clean, can fix the currently broken content, and entice new players with a bit of adverticing. Maybe they'll be able to allocate the resources they need to both fix the bugs and issues, and keep expanding it without breaking two things with every single one they add or fix.

There's a lot of good in the game. Character models are about the best I've seen in any MMO (although the armor models are between bad and horrible.. I really wish they were done as well as some of the social clothing). Crafting system is very versatile, and even the adventuring schools are sort of more-or-less-ok, although there's a lot of room for improvement there. Scenery is mostly very pretty, and while the weather system apparently isn't fully functional yet, it shows lots of promise.

But it's all simply too broken. Too many things missing, not working as intended, bugged, or unreliable. It's to point where when I don't seem to be advancing in a quest, I feel it's almost more likely that the quest itself is bugged, than that I just didn't figure out the right course.

Whatever comes, I'm almost sure I'm not going to be part of it. I switched to 1 month subscription after the first 3 months.. and right now I have no plans to renew my accounts once they run out in a few weeks. I'm going to stick around through the auctions, and likely pass any plot I might come up with to the guild - and then be gone.

If things settle down, and seem better in a few months - who knows. There's always the option of coming back later. But that's never happened with any MMO I ever played.

o/'' Best wishes o/''
    Aly~

hm.. lets hope so, but it seems like that isa possibleanswer to the shortage at the consi..

Yep, Glowing essence aint hard to get nowaday, just port to mahagra and they are there, next to the great granitefields, and also in an acceptable range to drag yer cargo disc from..
    (dunno if mahagra has an essensechanneler, i kind of exploit my vault abit instead.. [:P] )
    Aenos on the Unity Shard
    One of those rare Helians. [Retired]
    draggy adventurer lev 100 / crafter lev 81

essence channeler in Mahagra main building, 1st floor -- hopefully still working after the merge (with yet existant glowing wisps near by) [8-|]
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Hi [:)]
    I had a Few Worries about the Merger,I voted "No but could live with it"
    ThenI thought to myself "whats the point in worrying about it, theres gonne be load of New Dragons to Talk too andmake Friends with, more gnomes to Eat"
    Im looking forwards to meeting everybody andI hope we will all have fun too [:D]
    Inferno - Level 100 DRAG/100 DCRA/63 DLSH/43 Million Hoard, Ancient Dragon on Chaos (formerly Wind/Unity).
    Saleck - Mage in Training. Too many Craft Schools.

Allyssia: I have sold every spell I made so far that I havnt used myself or given away to my guildmates so I have good faith in the consigner really. I would also like to sell Blessed or Bounted jewels with my Dryard but that bloody Sourfang (My dragon) steals all 10 spots at every consigner that is at Istaria. I did sell Miner and mason Silver jewels for a time at consigners and I sold all the very same day.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

I voted NO out of anger. Anger that this decision should have been made at the same time as the NA merge.

As for lag, well we will have to wait and see. But for the world as a whole, AE's model is completely based on the NA subscribers. The number of plots, mobs and resources. This bears no relation to the subscriber levels across the 3 EU shards and they probably had a big part in GN's decision to merge to 1. Looking at plots, every EU subscriber could have bought one and there would still be huge empty spaces.

Hopefully AE's vision of this world, based on NA subscribers, will transpose well to the new EU shard.

As for consigners and the economy, well Im sure we will see them return to there former glory when the Vaults return to there normall state.
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

I dunno if i can thrust it coz if they use one of the old servers it would go lagg
    and how do they fix the name problems?
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

trollkind

I trust Unity but not the company/ies behind it anymore.

Why that?
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Personally I voted NO for the merge, but I might be able to live with it...
    I gave clear reasons why I voted no and I hope they at least listen and do something about this... [8-)]
    My biggest concern about the merge was and is LAG, which already greatly increased when we suddenly had 10 or so extra (mostly plot) islands...
    If the lag is reduced or stays the same as itis now I can live with the whole situation... [:)]

But all I can do is wait and see... [;)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I dont trust in Unity at all yet, anyway, the server at itself...I think the players can work themselves out together, as log as the server works correctly, for which there is as of yet not a single piece of evidence, unfortunately...

one could expect IF they shove an unwanted merge up our a*ses they'd at least try to do a good job...

I'll wait and see what the next time brings of course, but I dont think I will keep on to my account if the server doesnt run right (if not flawless, which would be preferable yet unlikely) in a week or two, not even if they give me 4 days for every day of game time lost... if its as stable as the old shards, with equal or less lag, I'd be happy I think...

even tho I'm also concerned about
    Lag.. and Db-lag, more players mean more lag...even tho I I doubt it could be much worse than the last days of the earth shard.. the DB lag and texture lags that is, I do expect much more lag due to overpopulation of especially New Rachival...

the second thing would be crowding, for adventuring, there's sure to be many more ppl trying to get their xp form the same mobs, where sometimes two groups were already a major pain, there's now likely to be three (if on all shards all those fields would have had an average of one hunting group...)...I'd hate to see virtually all adv to be like the cursed wolves and tierIII golems before the crimson scourge was introduced...
    Also, crafting may become a problem since most convenient fields (near porters or machines) are usually very small, and the crafters of three shards will probably use these more thoroughly... with the nerfing the big patch already gave most crafters, this might make things about three times as bad...

Hell I'll stop before I start to feel like killing people :\
    I'll try to see the bright side though *sighs deeply then walks off to check yet another time if he can login, or should keep spamming these forums*
    Myca Ghimerov, Fiendish Wizard, Sorcerer, Enchanter, Mason. Retired.

Proud Member of the Steel Phoenix

Thread Information