Thread: Blight Update

Default Blight Update

The following additions, changes and fixes were applied to Blight on Wednesday, June 21, 2006:

Additions:
    • A number of newly labelled regions can now be found on the player search list.
    • Reports of a new enemy on New Trismus known as the Grand Magus have surfaced. Gifted (level 10 or higher) are asked to investigate by speaking with Frelic the Militia Surplus Officer.
    • Elden, a Rancher, has built a corral for the cows outside of New Trismus
    • Travelers have been waylaid by a violent Wild Gruok named Red Tusks on the roads of New Trismus. Elainor the Guard is looking for adventurers (level 7 or higher) to assist her with the problem.
    • Elainor the Guard on New Trismus now has a new quest “Kill Red Tusks” for adventurers level 7 or higher.
    • A new type of Azulyte, known as Dark Azulyte, has been discovered in Istaria.
    • Nielenoss the Tinker has knowledge he is willing to impart to qualified Dragon Crafters.
    • Pale Wisps can again be found on the Dalimond Peninsula.
    • Nielenoss the Tinker has constructed a lair outside of New Rachival.
    Changes:
    • The coin reward for the quest “Warrior's Quest: Collect a Fang from the Alpha Wolf” has been lowered to be in line with other quests on the island.
    • Mhedon the Mithril Golem will have some variability in his spawn times.
    • Thinned the Mithril Golems in Mithril's Anvil
    • The Imperial Herald in New Trismus has been recalled to Tazoon for reassignment of duties.
    • Steward Pratt McGrubben has taken over the duties of administering the Trials of the Gifted from the Imperial Herald.
    • The Imperial Building Commission has stopped issuing building permits for Fiendish Consignment Stores and Saris Adventure Centers.
    • Crawler Poison Sacs are now stackable.
    • Ambassador Chauncy and Fredrica Jones have decided to take a vacation... we know not when they will return.
    Fixes:
    • Fallen Dragons and Warriors will no longer use Leeching Strike as a ranged attack
    • Heart Seeker I, III and V will now do maximum damage.
    • Critical Strike I, III and V will now do maximum damage.
    • Corrected the New Trismus quest “Mage Quest: Speak with Rennis in Kion about further training” to complete when Rennis is greeted.
    • Flying Cargo Disks are now tradeable.
    • Brown Spiders and Hatchlings will now do slash damage.
    • Tiny Grass Beetles will now do slash damage.
    • Quest “Dragon: Recover the Carapace of Gritus Maximus” will now delete the carapace when you return to Zebeginia.
    • Root III will now properly cap your fly height at 0.
    • Quest “Smelting Mastery X: Craft 140 Mithril Bars” will no longer refer to Mining instead of Smelting.
    • Quest “Go Bag 5 Small Ice Beetle Compound Eyes” will no longer refer to Saplings.
    • Fixed the resource requirements for Tier 4 Primal Essence and Excoriation when constructing Tier 4 Lunus and Helian Gemworking chambers.
    • Radiant Wisps will no longer follow you around indefinitely.
    • Bloodthorn Bow's Ethereal Paroxysm will now apply to the targeted monster instead of the player.
    • Soul Shield IV will no longer overwrite Soul Shield V.
    Client:
    • NPCs in player structures will no longer "walk in place".
    • If a dragon in flight suddenly loses the ability to fly, they will fall to the ground instead of being stuck in the air.
    • The dimensions shown on the plot window will be correct when opening the window via the character window while away from your plot.
    • Check of user preferences to prevent problem with logging in after crashing.
    • Containers such as pouches must be emptied before they can be deleted. This prevents accidental deletion of unintended items.
    • Attached cargo disks are now visible on other characters. Grounded cargo disks are still only visible to the owner.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 21st, 2006 at 06:46 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

More players, (or so we are told), less mobs to hunt? Is that the intented result of the radical spawn reductions throughout the empire?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Have you been there? Mobs standing on top of one another does not constitute more mobs for more players. A regular spawn where players can kill mobs one or a few at a time without being swarmed or without having to AoE bomb constantly is desired.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nice batch of fixes

Any hints what the Dark azulyte will be for?

I guess you missed Saritova where you kill like 3 peridot golems and then have to run 250m to find 2-3 more to kill then run 500m more to kill 2-3 more... Is that your intent? Oor kill 4-5 fire opals and then have time to go get a pizza before they respawn, and thats as a single player, heaven forbid there be two people or more looking to hunt? Come on now, there HAS to be some middle ground.

Maybe one should inquire how long TG expects it should take to gain a single level, at least then we'd know what was expected and the eventual goal of the mob spawn tweaking.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Anima

<waves!>

OOoooo... thank you SO much for doing the Backpack pouch fix/adjustment. About 6 months ago I accidently deleted the entire contents of one of my main backpack pouches while deleting bonus resources I dident want.

Lost dozens of tools, crystals, thousands of IBMs, hundreds of Tokens and worst of all... my dryad costumes from the Fall harvest festival

Dont put all your eggs in one basket. *sigh*

<waves!>

Dragons gaining knowledge from Tinker trainers?, hmmm...sounds very promising

Regards
    Els

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Oor kill 4-5 fire opals and then have time to go get a pizza before they respawn
    Are you referring to the fire opal golems that seem happy to spawn a dozen at a time in a small and contained area near Saritova? The spot where you can't seem to empty a single node without having to frag at least one golem?

Yes, there needs to be a middle ground. It's not uncommon for there to be 3-5 mithril golems in the small open area SE of the Mithril's Anvil well & sand pile. It's not uncommon to see 6-8 golems in that little box canyon on the east side, with more golems on the adjoining higher ground to the north & south. I don't object to killing for my ore, but these spots can be excessivly target-rich environments.

I think the sandstone golem spawn south of Nuthala could stand to be toned down a hair as well.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    • Fallen Dragons should no longer use Leeching Strike as a ranged attack
    • Soul Shield IV will now longer overwrite Soul Shield V.
    Fallen warrior use it as repeating too. Looks like range got used as recycle and recycle as range.

Soul Shield III has same error as IV and i gues same for I and II

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Are you referring to the fire opal golems that seem happy to spawn a dozen at a time in a small and contained area near Saritova? The spot where you can't seem to empty a single node without having to frag at least one golem?

Yes, there needs to be a middle ground. It's not uncommon for there to be 3-5 mithril golems in the small open area SE of the Mithril's Anvil well & sand pile. It's not uncommon to see 6-8 golems in that little box canyon on the east side, with more golems on the adjoining higher ground to the north & south. I don't object to killing for my ore, but these spots can be excessivly target-rich environments.

I think the sandstone golem spawn south of Nuthala could stand to be toned down a hair as well.
    LO I'm happy to go look if you got the location... I'm taking about the spawn of fire opals on Saritova on the grassy plain below the two ice cliffs, the only fire opal spawn on Saritova that I know of.

Eni, nope all of the other Soul Shields were/are fine.

The bug for Leeching Strike was actually the ability, not the mob. So this fix applies to fallen warriors as well. I'll fix that on the notes.

Dark azu crystals + Tinkerer Trainer = flying disks? Do I guess right?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Eni, nope all of the other Soul Shields were/are fine.
    Hm. Thought i got a conflict III vs V with win of III. Think i have to retest my souldshields when i log in next time. Only use them on valkor (to short duration for anything else) so might remember wrong.

Soul Shield V has the wrong name too. Always says "Souls Shield V" in the combat feedback.

Did a test today again. Soul shield V failed becasue of soul shield III. But maybe it was a general bug on the V version.

Soul Shield V didn't have a "value" set, so any of the other Soul Shields appeared to be "better" than it. All the others were set up properly.

Default Tinker lair.

Nielenoss the Tinker has constructed a lair outside of New Rachival.
    Why cant the Tink just plan the Lair and have the Dragon community at large build said lair. Would give them a new community crafting goal to attain.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Thread Information