Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little question for devs:what happens with fairness in this game?

Andrew Zozulya

Default Little question for devs:what happens with fairness in this game?

I want discuss only about one little part of this game - adventuring and mobs hardeness. I wonder what was made with all mobs? Why soem mobs have an attack that NEVER miss me and can be fired from 30m without delays and after mob is stunned?

Could please anyone explain why Ogers stun attack hit me every time even at time i have 1400 evasion? Could please anyone explain why my attacks with nature skill 1350 miss about 30% of time on mobs ?

Looks like noone complains about just because most people already leave :(
    And this hardeness was mentioned from 4x100 adventurer. What should do people in their first school. Group with me for powerleveling or what?

********, show us stats of mobs. Im pretty sure they are insanely misaligned!

Ktithrak

Default Re: Little question for devs:what happens with fairness in this game?

Showing stats would be a good thing i think, but we have to wait for it a bit untill the communication between GN, AE and TG gets better (hopefully it will!!!).

I've wondered for quite some time. For a long time I can't affect a mob twice my level, can't hit them, can't root them nothing....I see nothing but you miss. you miss, you misss.

But mobs a third my level can root me, hit me and generally just be pests.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Andrew Zozulya

Therefore AE should show us stats on mobs. Its quite annoing how they (AE) traing to "improve" adventuring by owerpowering mobs.

Elkandriel

well some mobs naturally are clumsy and others are accurate... Try fighting marble golems or small flame beetles and your evasion should work nicely. It is pretty easy to figure out yourself btw. IF you miss much those got huge evasion/magic defence and if they hit you all the time they got big weapon/spell skills. Thunder ogres should naturally be good against nature dam.

Andrew Zozulya

Quote Originally Posted by Elkandriel
    well some mobs naturally are clumsy and others are accurate... Try fighting marble golems or small flame beetles and your evasion should work nicely. It is pretty easy to figure out yourself btw. IF you miss much those got huge evasion/magic defence and if they hit you all the time they got big weapon/spell skills. Thunder ogres should naturally be good against nature dam.
    I told you about Nagruk ogers but this is not a point- point is they never miss me and its looks like they have approxymately 2000 in one/two hand crush skill. Where is the common clue? And be good against nature means not to evade it but get muchless damage from it in comparition to fire/ice/whatever.

Beetles almost ignore evasion also.They simple hit for much less damage as ogers/other haevy hitters. Btw i have 1200 in magic defence to...Despiriti foe from nagruk pigmeys stick to me on every occasion. Kinda like they do this with every hit and every hit notmissed me.

Somthing is very wrong with skills of mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Zozulya
    Nagruk ogers ...they never miss me... And be good against nature means not to evade it but get muchless damage from it in comparition to fire/ice/whatever.
    Btw i have 1200 in magic defence to...Despiriti foe from nagruk pigmeys stick to me on every occasion. Somthing is very wrong with skills of mobs.
    You have a few flaws in your logic:
    1) Wardings do grant higher evasion not lessen damage. We have access to both wards and resists, what is so wrong with a mob also haveing?
    2) In your original post you stated that the ogre cry never misses, our critical strike also never misses. Nor does one of the archer attacks..Heartseeker I think. Once again what is wrong with a mob also haveing?
    3) My highest char is lv 93/82 and I can solo any mob in the game. I am sure that you can as well. So, what is being complained about is not being able to blow lv100 mobs away in mass quantities and why should you be able to?
    4) Allowing players to know the strengths and weaknesses of mobs would give us a huge advantage as we can change tactics depending on the foe while the mobs can not. Do you really need an unfair edge?

Warzen

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Zozulya
    I wonder what was made with all mobs?

Looks like noone complains about just because most people already leave [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

********, show us stats of mobs. Im pretty sure they are insanely misaligned!
    1: What does that mean?

2: You have some statistics on why people leave you can share with me?

3:NO! Showing us the stats of the mobs, will give us a serious advantage. If i knew exactly what a mob was strong and weak against, I would tailor my diet of adventuring to the easiest creature for me at the time.

Why do some monsters hit everytime? I don't know, maybe they have training points also? I know people with 1100 base in a skill and 900 more points invested into the skill, so2000 BASE, maybe the mob had 1000 Base and invested 600 more pointing it it's skill? If we can do it, why can't they?

Personally, I think its cool if there are some mobs that are easy meat for some schools and impossible for others.

That said, I doubt AE have got a rationale behind the current levels/abilities/skills for the mobs.

Balance and Horizons are two words only ever associated together (briefly) in the poll for themerged EU server.
    Felice TINK 100 / GTH 96 / MIN 81 / Adv gimp
    Shredder T4 Spellcrafter
    Wind Server

Andrew Zozulya

Why do some monsters hit everytime? I don't know, maybe they have training points also? I know people with 1100 base in a skill and 900 more points invested into the skill, so2000 BASE, maybe the mob had 1000 Base and invested 600 more pointing it it's skill? If we can do it, why can't they?

Yay! You know anyone with 2000 skill in game? 900 invested points( skill or training)Big lol on it. Better get book "First steps with Training points" :)

Problem is that not each player got all possible points in main skill and best possible gear for their school.

And about flaws in my logic...Wardingsnot work since release. Only Evasion, Magic defence, resistances and armor.

Anyone who think that buffing mobs with raw force that outweight force of group of players is correct way to make game intresting and fun please admit here yours logic.

My highest char is lv 93/82 and I can solo any mob in the game...

Well No one from xxX100 chars is not so sure in it just because they saw somthing in this game. Just to help you get yours challange and fair death i can give you a advice how to find a mob that will beat goddnes from you :)

1. Take you best gear, best potions, best hotkeys you have
    2. Take 2 healers that will res you i case you get sudden death and you don't want rack yours DPs over every limit.
    3. Pull any of bosses : Muof ( bloodsnout gruok), Dedan (not recall right name - Nagruk ogers boss), Or any of tempes golems that guarded with Storm wisps.
    4. Bite the grass.
    5. Repeat until you get some satisfaction of hardeness.

After it you can bet yours healers to heal you due fight with boss mob...Sure this one you will win ( may be not against Muof )...And tada! ->spoiler here<- You get 8s and 2 animal hide!

I think there has been sporadic problems with Evasion not working at all. The other day as a 100 CHSW I decided to go level my lowbie Mason. Arriving at Sandstone in Parsinia area I was amused to note that the lvl 10 Sandstone golems hit me on every swing. Granted they did 0 damage, but just the fact that they were ever able to land a blow, let alone every time, was interesting.
    Korsh HammerFell
    lvl 100 Chaos Warrior / 57 Cleric / 36 Mage
    lvl 18 Mason / 19 Blacksmith
    Order of the Phoenix
    Crucita in the Realm of Order

arioch

SO the complaint is that to fight some mobs you need a group? That not all mobs can be beaten by a multi classes army of one?

Andrew Zozulya

Quote Originally Posted by arioch
    SO the complaint is that to fight some mobs you need a group? That not all mobs can be beaten by a multi classes army of one?
    At this point - no. My notice was about mobs that are aligned to be very dungerous for people who are already multiclassed throught the roof. What baout people who just started?Or there supposed to be no one who is enought new to game to suffer from such misaligns?

And about "SO the complaint is that to fight some mobs you need a group? That not all mobs can be beaten by a multi classes army of one?
    "
    Yes if anyone spended months to advance char enought to feel themself good with mobs that are 2/3 of his current ARhe should feel themself safely and dominating to those mobs. What is wrong with such opinion?[<:o)]

arioch

Well I am not sure where you play, or what, but I am just a 68 paladin 19 warrior 15 cleric AR 69I find lots fo mobs I can solo, and for mobs closer to my AR I tend to group either with my guild mate a ranger, or some one else who hapens to be hunting.
    I see no problem with having soem mobs that are capable of being soloed and some that aren't. I guess I have been playing these games to long, that I dont assume I can take a mob that is my same AR rating, in all the games I played before hunting mobs that con'd even to you was a sure way to die if you where solo.

Oh no, please definitelly no, no more numbers for mobs, I like it as it is now and that the mobs differ now much more according to their kind. I like that mobs the same level are differently difficult for me for the classes they inhabit and the difficulty is related to my class so those that are easy for me are tough for others it seems and opposite. Its nice in my eyes.
    Putting in the numbers of mobs would make the ******** min-max-calculations are out again instead of some watching and mob fight testing like "you are ...? Than you should hunt xyz, those hit fast and ...".
    After all its not too difficult to try several mob kinds to learn which ones you should handle which way without using a calculator every time ...

And just to take this argument the base, I play a few chars to test things or simply enjoy variety, I'm playing since december, was in beta - and still none of my chars is has reached 30 and I'm not multiclassing. So no problem here with mob availability or what I can kill or what I can't. For some kinds I can solo kill what is higher than me for 2-3 level, other kinds kill me fast 2 levels lower than me. Thought if I would max all my equippment with techs I probably had a chance against later ones.

Horizons Empire

I don't have a problem with high to-hit on mobs or with concealing the stats, butI really do think there's a bug with Evasion not working at all.

I'm sorry if we disagree but a lvl 10 mob simply should NOT be able to hit a lvl 100 character.
    Korsh HammerFell
    Order of the Phoenix

I have observed this as well, to me it seems like you only evade things 20 levels below you ie you stop evading or have poor evasion against anything >80.

However some mobs that inhabit istaria are fscking crazy with their evasion eg spiders, wolves and guroks. Others just have really high weapon skill.

I can fight the aforementioned mobs and die simply because I miss 10 sucessive melee attacks. For the most part i gave up hunting them and stick to beetles/golems but I sure as hell hope this is fixed soon.

Its annoying having such a limited selection of things to kill.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

arioch

Oh I agree a level 100 charater decked out for war shouldn't not be hit by a level 10 mob very often,but a level 100 character wearing cargo armur would probably be hit much more often, especialy if they sit there and ignore the mob. If you stand there and mine while a mob is swinging at you, I dont care what your level you should be hit, until you put the pick down and try to fight back. I have seen many high level charater who are working on their crafting skills just sit there and let the mob wack on them while they go about their business of crafting, and it strikes me as just a bit wrong but YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Korsh
    I don't have a problem with high to-hit on mobs or with concealing the stats, butI really do think there's a bug with Evasion not working at all.

I'm sorry if we disagree but a lvl 10 mob simply should NOT be able to hit a lvl 100 character.

Arioch, not sure if your talking in terms of mechanics or in how you think things should work?

Mechanically I don't think armor has anything to do with whether a mob hits you or not. That's based on Evasion skill while armor controlls the amount of damage done to you.

From a'realistic' perspectiveI can see your point. Ignore a mob and you can expect it to hit ya, what's to stop it? My point here was to illustrate a noticeable bug in the mechanics however, not to address whether it really makes sense or not. This is just an extreme example of an apparent problem.
    Korsh HammerFell
    Order of the Phoenix

I still think the mobs need to be adjusted a bit.. I do not like how mobs 60 lvls lower than me can hit me .. its annoying.. when I was lvl 30 I could not touch a lvl 50 mob let alone a lvl 100.. Evasion is in the crapper.. it doesnt work... and it needs to be adjusted !
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Thread Information