Thread: A little confused and need some help

Vorenus

Default A little confused and need some help

Hi!
    I recently started playing this fantastic game with a a warrior base class.
    I was informed that it would be a good idea for me to create a cleric also for some buffs and heals. Great Idea!

I noticed that when i was leveling the cleric, it wasnt getting any Skill points or any bonuses to the stats, just the skills. Someone was nice enough to point out that you dont get any stats as long as the cleric is lower level than the warrior. Does this apply to only the base classes?

That brought an intersting question what class do I level first?
    For a prestige school I was thinking my first will either be a Beserker or a Reaver.
    Should I level my Warrior all the way to 100 incase I change my mind so I have other melee options?
    Or, should I just get the requirements for Beserker or Reaver and level that to max?

I am just really confused now because I see so many people with so many classes and I just dont understand how you can be a very succesfull melee character then sub a mage class when all your stats went mostly for str, dex, and health.

So if i get to a level 100 Warrior, does this mean that every class underneath that is just for skills?

I thank you guys for taking the time to answer some of the questions and so far the community here has been very helpful.

I did warrior all the way to 100. I think in there somewhere I leveled cleric up to a point for heals so I could regenerate myself quicker in between battles. I then did berserker and healer at some point then too. The rest is a secret.

Most know me as the Melee queen and I have more the proven my capability as such.

The main thing you want to remember is whatever class you chose as your main, only certain abilities are masterable from other classes. Meaning only certain ones carry over. I am a warrior so I only master other classes up to the point that I get an ability I want to use.

Nothing better then going to an arena as a 140 rating and wiping the dirty of a 225 rating player. Its a win win situation really. If you lose oh well your only a 140, if you win, OMG that 225 lost to a 140.

Jayne

The thing with the stats is this... Only the highest total from any one class is used as your actual stat.

For instance, say you level a class with 9 strength per level and 4 power to L50. From this you will have 450 strength and 200 power, in addition to your race's starting stats. Next you level a class that gets 6 strength per level, but 8 power, to L30. From this class you will only get 180 strength, so you 450 strength from the first class is retained, but your power will become 240.

(The example above is a truth with a slight modification - you do not get a stat increase on the very first level of any school.)

This goes for all your schools, both adventure and craft, for both stats and skills. If you already have quite high stats from another school you won't notice an increase for a long time when you start levelling a new school.

You can find stat/skill gain per level here: http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Vorenus

So basicly I am seeing a difference (just missed it) leveling up my clereic, which is am increased amount of focus visible when I am playing even my warrior.
    Does this apply to skills to?

Yes.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    I did warrior all the way to 100. I think in there somewhere I leveled cleric up to a point for heals so I could regenerate myself quicker in between battles. I then did berserker and healer at some point then too. The rest is a secret.

Most know me as the Melee queen and I have more the proven my capability as such.

The main thing you want to remember is whatever class you chose as your main, only certain abilities are masterable from other classes. Meaning only certain ones carry over. I am a warrior so I only master other classes up to the point that I get an ability I want to use.

Nothing better then going to an arena as a 140 rating and wiping the dirty of a 225 rating player. Its a win win situation really. If you lose oh well your only a 140, if you win, OMG that 225 lost to a 140.

Jayne
    Jayne ever fought a hybrid with sorc mez's and energy stuns?
    "They are coming through the walls!!! No really this game doesnt have collison detection!"

"Wow, you use that mask and turn into the ginsu knife!"

Syiara Devlon Knoc/Wiz/Sorc/Hlr/Cleric/War.

Thread Information