Thread: Do dragons take more time and effort than bipeds?

Default Do dragons take more time and effort than bipeds?

I was just thinking about this the other day. sure we get a bit more punch than the bipeds but from what i understand, it takes alot more work. just having done the first set of ability quest(and not even all of them yet) i can say from my experiance that raising a dragon takes "a bloody long time" with the ability quest rop quest and heaven help me ancient line of quest i'm looking at perhaps a year before i reach the end of my dragons growth not counting the time i plan to waste building a lair . i was just wondering if this is a correct observation that it takes longer/more effort to raise a dragon? and if it does is it used to balance out the extra zip we get as dragons. also i'm not sure if this has ever been said but dragons are a bit overpowerd but they are supposed to be.. they are dragons. the same dragons that have been known to lay waste to entire towns castles even kingdoms in some casses.
    with biped you level up you go by/make a better spell or equipment. with dragons you level up you spend the next 3+ days doing quest to power up your abilities :/ just some thoughts
    Last edited by Droth; June 7th, 2006 at 09:41 PM.
    Rother Galant-Order
    If a dragon was hiding under a rock would you be the one to tell him he's not fooling anyone?

thats the only reason i played a dragon and the exact same reason i've never taken a biped above level 25. i love having something to do next and with my dragon i had something else to look forward to every 10 levels with the ability quests.
    This page intentionally left blank.

Dragons start quite weak, yes. Part of the reason is we don't get our full 10 scale slots to use before level 90. As for dragons being slightly overpowered (I assume you mean lvl 100 dragons), you clearly haven't observed a heavily multiclassed biped - multiclassed in a way that makes sense - hunting tier VI mobs. They outclass us in ability to take damage, heal, crowd control, buff, debuff, cleanse, and dish out damage. We come close only when sacrificing large amounts of hoard to spam Gold Rage.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

From my experience, a dragon can level much much much faster than a biped can (without major leeching), and can easily reach 100/100 with their quests completed in a reasonable time frame with substainal power and diversity. The longer grind is hoard collection, with a few weeks of dedicated hunting of optimal mobs, and buying hoardables this is reachable. It took me maybe 3 months of very casual hunting, maybe once or twice a week. The grinding of biped classes to 100x4/100 is quite painfully grinding, I would put this at a far greater length of time myself to achieve. Then again the whole grinding on multi mobs is quite boring to me, and hard to keep up.

Thread Information