Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Elusive Radiant Wisp

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    Oye. Every time I start getting back into playing, AE does something assenine like this.

Why? Do you enjoy low subscription numbers?
    This is nonsense.

The vast majority of people who play - long term or short - are not going to build a T6 anything. A single expert-level shop on a biped plot is considered to be a significant accomplishment - as it should be. T6 should be rare and difficult and monumental. The players who are starting now are not going to be impacted in the slightest by the presence or absence of T6 resources for a long time, IF EVER.

I have no illusions about how hard T6 is. I knew what I was getting in for when I put a Grand Hall in one of my lairs. At optimal, I'm going to need 39,200 raw radiant essence for it.

The first people I know who found radiant wisps got 2500-3000 essence off of ONE before it was killed or despawned, on the first day they were live. Now we are told that the wisps are going to be tripled in resource capacity. An industrious individual with a decent storage infrastructure should be able to harvest the full amount in a matter of days.

How is that a cruel and unusual hardship?

Oh, and I quite agree that there should be things bipeds need non-transmutable resources for. I'm hoping we see them in dwarven and dryad housing.

Why? Because something like a Grand Hall should be so freaking rare and difficult as to amaze all who behold it. I very much hope that dwarves get something like that as well... something that will make the one who builds it feel like King Under the Mountain.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    And, in the case of our one wisp, George.

I do not remember who was collecting from "George" this morning on Order in the Swamp, but "George" was accidently killed again.

I can also tell you while "George" was being collected from in the Swamp another charcater was collecting from "George II" at a totally different site at the exact same time. So... There are at least 2 of these elusive Wisps.

That would be me, Hoberton, with my dragon Grymme hitting the Tab (autoattack) key instead of Backspace (gather) while milking George. And yes, I have now changed my default autoattack key . . . .

There was indeed George Jr. being harvested at the same time elsewhere, so that answered one of my queries to Amon. George Jr. is gone now, and I've spent the past four hours straight searching for another George with no luck whatsoever.

*sighs*
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Oh, and I quite agree that there should be things bipeds need non-transmutable resources for. I'm hoping we see them in dwarven and dryad housing.

Why? Because something like a Grand Hall should be so freaking rare and difficult as to amaze all who behold it. I very much hope that dwarves get something like that as well... something that will make the one who builds it feel like King Under the Mountain.
    I would agree to this... I dont mind seeing a Dryad Giant Sequoia tree.. or a monstrosity of a dwarven home... I might have a plot for each... perhaps at the same time they should introduce perhaps a new crafting class for each that only dryads or dwarves can be, as to allow for only them to craft those individual pieces... as dragons now can only make their own pieces.. without much but base resource gathering from bipeds...

Personally Im findin it hard to find buildings that I want to build on my plot... Perhaps after the whole expansion Ill be reinvigorated into working towards a new final goal of having a plot full of buildings.. and then perhaps Ill have less peeps trying to by my "inactive" plot from me.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    I have not missed the point. Tagath has only begun his lair and will be getting into the higher tiered items the deeper he goes. We (Tagath and I) understand full well that the raw essence cannot be transmuted from shinings. The same for when dragons need the raw travertine and raw adamantium. The current method to work these until the full tier 6 spectrum comes in is to team up for gathering bonus resources. And, in the case of our one wisp, George, a peak into what is yet to come for the rest of the tier 6 resources. All the more reason to work collectively.
    We can't work collectively, no matter how many people you have there are only one or 2 wisps. You can work collectively on a lair BUT NOT on radiant collection ...radiant collection is the point!!!!!

And Laughing there are a lot of long time players building T6 in their lairs. Not just me but many dragons are. And we need more T6 biped shops!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell
    And Laughing there are a lot of long time players building T6 in their lairs. Not just me but many dragons are. And we need more T6 biped shops!
    And I would be one of them except for the fact that I no longer play due to continual changes like these that make no sense whatsoever, that have happened since Horizons went live.

As to T-6 being monumental, why? I mean, isn't it monumental by the very nature of being T-6? It's not like someone can join the game and whack out a T-6 building without first leveling crafting to the appropriate level. And then you have all the resource requirements. Why make it even more painful? It is supposed to be about fun, right? If you have the luxery to make more of a job out of it, more power to you, but I suspect I am not alone in thinking that I already have employment and don't need my entertainment to turn into a second job.

All you guys with your great ideas sit around wondering why Horizons can't get further away from The Bug Zapper, but if you step back and take an objective look you may find it less difficult to comprehend. Only a small handful of people seem to enjoy meaningless grind, the rest of the players are playing something different.

That's ok, though, the joke is ultimately on me because I keep paying two subscription fees on the off-chance that the Dev's will wake up and make Horizons into a game worth playing for more than a small handful of die-hard players. My subscription fees are less than a drop in the ocean, but I figure every little bit helps. I really want to see Horizons succeed, but I am at a loss as to how it is going to happen given the current design method, which resembles something akin to pulling bingo balls out of the wheel of death. You just never know if the change coming down the pike is going to be positive or negetive. It is a design method Loki himself would be proud of.

At least you don't have to worry about a mass exodus anymore, there aren't enough players left to qualify, even if they all left at once.

And for those wondering, The Bug Zaper can be found here: http://www.gucomics.com/archives/vie...cdate=20040701
    http://www.gucomics.com/archives/vie...cdate=20040723
    http://www.gucomics.com/archives/vie...cdate=20040805

There are more, but you get the point.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

I think the devs are attempting that, unfortunately the crowd we have now is content and happy with the term fun == mindless grinding. The majority don't see that, TG is trying to change it.
    They are making t6 hard to get and rare, and recongize the mistake they made with it early on. It may help with the economy a bit as well, every bit helps...
    They have reasons, just because someone doesn't like them doesn't mean they are wrong. The sky is not falling.

ok that is true AAO

we on unity dont have the patch so we cant try it self

but i dont think its fun to see 20-30 people hunting the rare wisp(s?) all the time

Probably not, but what happened when they put the Lt Khar quest in? It got camped by everyone for weeks, now nobody talks about it.... same thing, the craze will die down and we will be better off for having something than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    Probably not, but what happened when they put the Lt Khar quest in? It got camped by everyone for weeks, now nobody talks about it.... same thing, the craze will die down and we will be better off for having something than nothing.
    I doubt, I need so much and gathering it takes forever.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Thread Information