Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elusive Radiant Wisp

But shining are in glowing too, not just bright

Also I spent close to 8 hours working shining yesterday and did not see one radiant wisp
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Ya know, I (and many, many others on Order) are now convinced that the radiant wisps just never made it in last patch--at least not on Order.

I just wish the devs would simply say that the radiants are not in (due to whatever problem was encountered) and end the totally frustrating (and to date, fruitless) search for them.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Betcha they fix it in the next patch and make it out like they were there all along!

*teases Amon*

That would be par for the course if they were to do that, if they bothered to correct it then.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

After Maintenance this morning, I went and checked a few places, Drakul had no Radiant Wisp, but then I found 1 Radiant Wisp floating among the Bright Wisps outside of Feladan. There was only 1, but I think everywhere people found shining wisps out of place, they shall find a Radiant Wisp or 2.

Default Geliel found one!

Here are a couple screenshots of the find on Order by Geliel and Jyotika.

***ARGH: even as a jpeg, these files is over the Attachment limit. Any helpful hints, wise ones?***

edit: temporary workaround, uploaded one of the shots to Image of the Day.
    Last edited by Yuusuke Akiyama IV; June 13th, 2006 at 06:58 PM.
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

I noticed a couple of shining appeared on the outskirts of where I was gathering brights the other day... has anyone checked if there are any hiding among the main spots for shining? (which I haven't found yet lol)

OK, wasted 3 hours of play tonight looking for radiant. I found one wisp and it was camped. I like to thank tulga for wasting my night. Is this what you call putting radiant in?

Of course I now have to kill thousands of shining wisps to transmute radiant orbs and violet crystals. Of course with the population so low no one will probably notice.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

According to the latest issue of Chaos Reigns...

Some in the Empire question the very existence of radiant wisps, dismissing these rumors as the products of wishful thinking or lairshaping-induced dementia. Another school of thought holds that they are a red herring tactic, created by the Withered Aegis to distract the Gifted from more critical pursuits. However, just before we went to press, the staff of Chaos Reigns! obtained the following image:

This unaltered image clearly shows several radiant wisps grazing peacefully in an unidentified setting. Although the image was slipped under the door of our offices (Ed: What door? We don’t have a door!) anonymously, we have every confidence in its authenticity.
    So take heart, essence hunters! The wisps are out there…
    You decide...
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

Default Perhaps this is what you are looking for...

While completing a scout quest, I ran across numerous wisp's between Sslanis and Kion, south and west of the crystal lakes (two teardrop shaped lakes se of the volcano there). They were in a field of dim essenses, south of where three roads intersect and north of the Sslanis Jungle. The picture that was posted looks alot like the terrain there. I also found white maggots there as well, which I had been looking for - for some time now.

Happy hunting!

Dominique Osiras- Scout

That particular region is called as the Sslanis Basin.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Are we absolutely certain that really is an actual in game screenshot?
    I spent several hours today searching for trees with that particular bark-like trunk in hopes of finding the wisp colony. I found a few trees, but didn't sight a single wisp anywhere.
    I and a guildie searched Dikaina Island, the small islands north of Dikaina, the mainland coast north of there again, Balit's island, Werewolf Island (all snow), Aedan island, areas around Last Stand, Marble Golems, weather ogres, stheast of Morning Light, Harro region, naghuk ogre area and west of the yew area. Nothing...nada...zip...zilch....
    Maybe I should go check the training islands....
    I'm a biped. Even when I look like a dragon, I'm a biped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    Are we absolutely certain that really is an actual in game screenshot?
    I wouldn't suggest spending a lot of time looking for that location. The people I know who have found them, found them around other wisps.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    I wouldn't suggest spending a lot of time looking for that location.
    Why? You don't think it's real?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    The people I know who have found them, found them around other wisps.
    The only ones I've heard of being found have both been a single radiant with lower tier wisps. I'd rather find a group of 5 radiants, than 1 radiant and a bunch of lower tier wisps.
    I'm a biped. Even when I look like a dragon, I'm a biped.

Devs have stated you will not likely find 2 radiant wisps together, so that screen doesn't look right.

Default My dream

I dreamed last night, that I found 10 radiant wisps, and had a blast getting the essence, til I woke up, then it was a nightmare, heh. Thought I had all those essences in my silo!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    Why? You don't think it's real?
    It's a real screenshot; I wouldn't place bets on what server it was taken on, though. When I was getting that article together for Chaos Reigns!, I asked Amon if he had a screenshot of a radiant wisp handy. He sent me that one and one of a single wisp. The one of the single wisp really looked terrible when I tried to get it cropped and sized to use, so I went with the group shot.

Why ask Amon for a screenshot? Because the article - even though a bit tongue in cheek - was about the efforts to find the wisps. I was thinking of it as being somewhat like the search for Bigfoot, and that's the tone I took when writing the article. Honestly, I was not expecting the article or the screen shot to be taken totally at face value.

Reading this thread, though, it became apparant that some folks were taking it very seriously. A word of explanation seemed to be in order.

If anyone did take the article seriously and is upset by this, you have my apologies. However, I think that if you look at the whole article, it is apparant that it is somewhat tongue-in-cheek.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

As LO said, the screenshot is real (the radiant wisps are real), but they were spawned for the purposes of the shot.

However, it is possible (though highly highly unlikely) to find 6 Radiant Wisps together in a single location on the live servers. But highly highly unlikely (did I mention it was highly unlikely?).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

id love to post report son how the unity radiant wisp findings are going but theres one slight problem with that....we havent had the update now for 2 weeks

Thread Information