Thread: Character Creation

Onoma

Default Character Creation

When I try to make a character it sends me to the website. Im on the screen that says this :

"Character: New Character
    Shard: order
    .NET Patcher High Performance Scan Full Scan

Launch Options
    Logging

System Check
    Reset Patcher

Clear World Cache Reset Client Preferences

Recall
    Bind Point "

I cant get past this screen? It says please wait for activeX control to be finished loading yet ive been sitting here for 30 minutes and it still says that. How do I actaully get into the game and create my character?

My Windows XP disallowed the activeX program to load without my permission, I had to allow it to trust the site. I wish that I could give you a walk-through on how to do it, but I muddled through that myself and really can't quite remember how I did it.

If you don't run on WinXP it may still be an issue with your security program disallowing the download of the programs from outside sites without premission from you as a security measure.

Going through the steps on this help page many times the fixes problems (it includes instructions to make launch page a trusted page).

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Sydius

Might try disabling any software firewalls, too.

Also, please make sure that you are using IE 6.0 or later in order to log into Horizons from Horizons.Istaria.Com.
    -Reyem
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strangely, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Khargash

I am having the same problem.
    I have been through the help page to allow istaria in my Internet options. It is IE6. I have manually registered the active X control.
    Still, when choose New Character, pick a shard, go to Create, it takes me to the same screen the OP is describing. I leave the tick boxes as they are, and when i press "Play Istaria" it just hangs.
    I'm sure it's not my comp, as there are no other problems with it.
    I've tried 3 different accounts, all do the same. My work PC also does this.

Why doesn't Istaria have a program for logging in like every other MMO, not a web interface?

Can anyone help? This is my only free weekend, and if i don't get to have a try my trial account will run out and i will never know if this is the complex MMO i have been craving.
    Last edited by Khargash; June 16th, 2006 at 05:36 PM.

There is a stand alone launcher, however it won't create new characters.

Do you have .net 1.1 installed?

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Khargash
    Can anyone help? This is my only free weekend, and if i don't get to have a try my trial account will run out and i will never know if this is the complex MMO i have been craving.
    Also, if we can't somehow get this resolved we'll extend your trial, not to worry.

Dotcher

Onoma and Khargash - if you're running Windows XP, do you have Service Pack 2 installed?

(If you're not sure, go to Start, Control Panel and double-click on System. It will be listed in the top-right of that screen, in the System section - I've attached an image of what you need to look for.)

If you haven't got SP2 installed, you might want to try installing it - instructions can be found on Microsoft's website, here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/how.mspx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Steeldragon

Unhappy Silentpatcher runtime

When i go to create a character, after i go through everything to set it up, pick a shard ect, I click play... i get

SilentPatcher.exe Common Language Runtime debugging Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x8c8 (2248), Thread id = 0x13b8 (5080)

click ok to terminate the application
    click cancel to debug,

that how it appears i know i didn't need have everything that was there, but i thought it would give you a good idea of what im seeing. anyways i hit cancel theres no debugging program for this, i hit ok it closes, if try again i get two artifact update windows and then nothing.

Dotcher

Steeldragon: try unchecking the ".NET Patcher" checkbox, and trying to play again?

Thread Information