Thread: A word of thanks

Default A word of thanks

I guess the squeaky wheel DOES get the oil, eh?

I kept whining, complaining, and badgering the devs about my pet issue. And although it wasn't even in the patch notes, it DID get fixed. My outfit is nearly complete... you can now see my lovely Red Ironsilk Cargo Wristbands. Yes, both of them, lol. So, THANKS!!! There, that wasn't so hard, was it?!?

The bad news: I need a new signature issue to whine about.

The good news: There will always be one.

The suggestion: Devs, please keep your eye on that list of OLD, unresolved problems, and take the time to fix one every so often. You'd be amazed at how much good will among the players such a little thing can generate. It's not a bit unlike when, as a craftsman, I'm in the middle of some heinous big project on my plot that I really HAVE to get done, and I stop what I'm doing to make that set of tier 2 jewelry for someone to whom it makes a difference. By setting aside MY primary goal for a second to help out someone with an issue, I make a friend for life. ( Or at least for a while. )

The problem: What next? Now I need help from the readers. A fix of which old, unresolved issue would put a smile on YOUR face? Not something huge like: PUT IN TIER SIX RESOURCES. Perhaps: Why can't I see my cape? Or, why does the size of my plot show 95x95 when I stand on my plotstone, 96x96 when I'm on the other end of my plot, and 133x133 when I access the plot info from the character screen when I'm in Mahagra or Last Stand or wherever....? One at a time, please. No pushing in line....

So, I'm happy for awhile now.. thanks again. Now it's someone else's turn.

See ya in Istaria. I gotta go look for the Radiant Wisps. If they even exist.

Weston
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

Bi-ped equipment panel pops up when I log-in my dragons

If you log out with your vault keeper open, you can't access your vault when you log back in until you shut OFF the vault window, log-out, then log back in

White dragons (or any dragon for that manner) turn Chocolate when they pop back into Dragon form from Khutit form. This only appears to other players, not the player of the dragon.

Inventories NEVER stay where you put them. All the organizing you do is wiped when the game decided to re-arrange your pack, your vault, or your plot storage.

Make trophies weigh nothing. I could not believe how much of my burden was actually taken by these little disks...
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Justa, I second this motion.
    I suffer of the same issues.

Salis

Oohhh.... the Vault one has been one I've been reporting forever and a day.
    -HratLi

fyi, for the dragon equipment window just close the window and hit /loadui to fix it.
    Inventory items seem to get assigned some random value and sorted by it. My vault contents never change their order, the packs always stay the same, but if I add stuff it will for some reason get thrown all inbetween.

Make trophies weigh nothing. I could not believe how much of my burden was actually taken by these little disks...
    that is not a bug. It is a choice you have to make. Hoard them, sell them, or hold onto them. If you choose to hold onto them, they will occupy space in you vault, house, inventory, whatever.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    that is not a bug. It is a choice you have to make. Hoard them, sell them, or hold onto them. If you choose to hold onto them, they will occupy space in you vault, house, inventory, whatever.
    Could you please UNATTUNE the Rift trophies? I've contemplated hoarding them, but manga said something 6 months ago like "No! keep them!" like someday they would have important use. So in the meantime I can't put them in my house with all my other trophies?

Attuning certain items just creates more inconvenience that its worth, imho.

other issue: Certain items, weapons, techs, have no cash value therefore I cannot consign them. Swarm tyrant shield, boars mask, demon weapons, scabreias staff. Using guild connie to pass to guildies or for them to return it, or for vaulting it will not work when the connie thinks its worthless.

The thing about this, is theres no pattern. Valkor items have value, demon claw has value, but demon spike doesn't. Point is all of them should have value. To avoid accidental attuning, my dragon character stores the biped items in vault, the biped stores the dragon items. Since my dragons vault is full, a few can't be listed and therefore safely stored there. (I refuse to use house storage for things like boars mask or unattuned demon items.)

Would be a simple fix.

BTW thanks for fixing the wristbands. I haven't checked but does this mean the ironsilk wristbands now properly show thier colors?
    Last edited by Guaran; June 9th, 2006 at 03:22 PM.

Oh by the way a fiend cant equip a shoulder pet on each shoulder, at least not a spider and a gargoyle. I have seen other races that do, and if i remember right the reason originally that some could display the spider was a race problem so I am guessing this a race specific problem also

Pet peeve:

Some of the Gregory the Darkstaff Scholar quests

"Fetch a Bottle of Wine". Supposedly from Chardonnay who is in a circle of 'Druids'... except those are Druids they're Tier V Bloodmages and I'm a Tier 1 Spiritist"

"Fetch a Rune" - same thing.

Hope this guy gets an overhaul. Maybe a challenge for someone on test server using the quest editor?

Fix the teleporting issues. For example, why can you teleport from Saritova to Last Stand and back, but when you teleport to Morathaven from Saritova, there is no return trip offered.

Just like you can go from Morning Light to Last Stand, but you can't go from Last Stand to Morning Light.

I don't understand if there is a magical channel between two locations, why can you only go one way through it?

Svayvti, those are very old quests, and in fact there no longer is a druid circle. They will be deleted eventually, just a matter of time

Quote Originally Posted by Weston
    Or, why does the size of my plot show 95x95 when I stand on my plotstone, 96x96 when I'm on the other end of my plot, and 133x133 when I access the plot info from the character screen when I'm in Mahagra or Last Stand or wherever....?
    Delete your world cache and see if this continues - I made a fix to the calculations a while ago but I think the incorrect values are cached. If so, let me know (PM is fine) your plot coordinates so I can take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    Svayvti, those are very old quests, and in fact there no longer is a druid circle. They will be deleted eventually, just a matter of time
    They're about the most I've found in the way of lore/setting quests in Horizons. They're great in that respect, if only they worked better.

I think they should be overhauled and redone rather than outright deleted in my opinion.

There was some past nasty stuff with Darkstaff, and some false lore for cover ups, etc.. not sure if they want to keep him, but no olders players want him gone.

Thread Information