Thread: Advice ??

Default Advice ??

Everyone

Hypothetically let say you live in Paradise but are unhappy with your current employment. Now you have an offer for a good move from two places. First is Beautiful Lake Tahoe area and the Second is Saratoga Springs NY. Both are the same in $$ but Lake Tahoe you get the Lake and NY you get NY what would you choose?
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

Lake Tahoe. NYC has far too many people in far too small a space. Besides, if your job puts you in a position to live in Nevada, you might enjoy a very favorable tax situation.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Lake Tahoe, My Dad used to live there and I visited alot. Much nicer and more relaxed atmosphere

And by the looks of it, you are closer to Lake Tahoe

Perhaps I'm being a bit of a Devil's Advocate here, but I'd suggest you at least take a weekend to visit Saratoga Springs before you decide. That's "Upstate" New York, and VERY different from the cesspit otherwise known as New York City. Though I'm a Texan through and through, I have to say that I really, really liked Upstate New York--very rustic, rolling green hills, small towns a-plenty with REAL county fairs, peaceful.

The major downside, though, is that it gets plenty cold and snowy up there in the wintertime.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Saratoga Springs is in upstate New York, and it's gorgeous there. If you like winter sports at all, it's a paradise. It's a far removed from NYC as Lake Tahoe is... the big difference will be the people. Tahoe folks are a bit more laid back and might not care how "hard" you work as long as you get the job done; New York *state* folks might not be so accommodating.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

True, upper state New York is very beautiful. Talk about a view. Never been to Nevada though. Might check the state and property taxes out in each state to help you decide between the two.
    I regret I have but one life to waste for Istaria!

Thread Information