Thread: help with starting fresh

Default help with starting fresh

hi i had a horizon account when horizon first came out.

I had to stop playing for work reasons.

i dont mind starting fresh new account, new start of characters. etc

however i do have my old horzon cds . I do know i have the option of using a free trial then starting over using that.

my question. I always like to have cd's for a game since that way i can every 6 months or so reformat my drive then reinstall the programs. kind of like a house cleaning for the computer.

the cds that i have is from when horizons first came out.

If i start a new account using a free trial, can i after 6 months use the cds that i have to install the game then log in with the free trial created account?

I dont think its practical to use my old user account. user id is an email that i no longer have.

I thought about waiting for the new "settlements" expansion to come out but i really would like to play the game now rather than wait.

Yes, you can use your CDs just fine. You will get a one-time download of about 200-300 MB, which isn't too bad.

Another option is getting one of the more up to date install packages here: http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/dl

You could burn the 1GB installer to a DVD or two CDs, and thus have a much more up to date install.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

They said over on the IGN boards that they now have a bit torrent download of the client that downloads pretty fast. So that could be a option to try also.

The torrent installer is listed on that page, Deth.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thread Information