Thread: Dev- Gold Surge

Default Dev- Gold Surge

Can we please get a word on this? Last I heard was it was waiting on quest to be put into the game? Is this true? Or was it taken back to design? Is is it something we caster dragons can ever hope to get? I would be willing to give up Gold Rage for a Gold Surge.

As an Helian, I second that. There's a dire need for more Primal based attacks.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

On a side note I would love to see more exclusive abilities line for dragons and maybe also biped. Not sure how would be best do you with the bipeds. But would love to see you can take either the Gold Rage line or the Gold Surge but not both.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    But would love to see you can take either the Gold Rage line or the Gold Surge but not both.
    As long as there is an actual choice, and one isn't arbitrarily assigned to Helian and the other to Lunus.
    Lumineux Talar

Gold Surge is on my schedule and yes it is pending the writing of a quest(s). However, it hasn't made it very high on the list yet as other items recently have been considered higher priority (new trismus quests, confectioner, flying cargo disks, etc).

But it is still scheduled to be worked on.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Gold Surge is on my schedule and yes it is pending the writing of a quest(s). However, it hasn't made it very high on the list yet as other items recently have been considered higher priority (new trismus quests, confectioner, flying cargo disks, etc).

But it is still scheduled to be worked on.
    I'm sure there'd be a couple of dragons who might offer to help with the quest(s) Amon...maybe even some non dragons.

It costs hoard so I don't see why Surge should replace Gold Rage. If anything let them share timers, so you can choose one or the other.

From what I heard of the blight testers of gold surge, it burns thru hoard like mad...

On blight the timer is crazily short and not linked with GR, so there are some major balance issues still.

My thought for having one or the other was to help promote some more diffrence among Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    My thought for having one or the other was to help promote some more diffrence among Dragons.
    Well my Dragon has been a (Faction) since before we even knew of the elemental breath differences. Adding Gold Surge and telling lunus they cannot use it would not be right. Both Political Factions should be free to choose to fight however they wish, be it tooth&claw specialized, spellcasting, or a hybrid approach.

What you want is multiclassing for Dragons, something mentioned to be on the way for Ancient Dragons at some point. Probably a year or 2 away at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Well my Dragon has been a (Faction) since before we even knew of the elemental breath differences. Adding Gold Surge and telling lunus they cannot use it would not be right. Both Political Factions should be free to choose to fight however they wish, be it tooth&claw specialized, spellcasting, or a hybrid approach.

What you want is multiclassing for Dragons, something mentioned to be on the way for Ancient Dragons at some point. Probably a year or 2 away at this point.
    Oh I never meant for it to be based off faction just you make the choice. The down side would it would lock you into a more caster or more melee path but most people I feel know early on which they want to do. As it is now a Dragon can change betwen melee/caster/hybrid as they wish. But all dragons are pretty much still the same and choices like this would just help make us all more diffrent is all.

With 2 paths to choose from, we wouldn't "all be different".

There's just no way for that to happen, other than the tactics you employ in battles. Thats what seperates you from the rest of the crowd. Some mobs tactics don't matter much, others it matters alot.

To be effective in one or the other styles, you have to specialize your Scales(techs) and training points. You already have the ability to "not be cookie cutter" if you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    It costs hoard so I don't see why Surge should replace Gold Rage. If anything let them share timers, so you can choose one or the other.

From what I heard of the blight testers of gold surge, it burns thru hoard like mad...
    It's on Blight already? I didn't think it was that far along.
    I'm a biped. Even when I look like a dragon, I'm a biped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    It was on blight almost, what, a year ago. I think it was removed as the testing was done with it. about 6 month later they stated it was done just waiting on quest time and I just re brought it back up. My time line my be off, probly is, but I know it was more the 6 months ago that it was on blight as it was last year some time that I saw a post about it on the blight boards. They never posted about it going to blight for test.

Edit: Sorry it was 9 months ago the first appearance of Gold Burst as it is/was called. here is the thread.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=9847
    Last edited by Deth; June 15th, 2006 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    I think the only way to get it on Blight was to ask Illyist around the time they were testing it.

Unfortunately it's low low priority though the things that are higher priority probably deserve to be higher. I get the feeling that there's more than just doing the quests holding it back. A few of us squawk about it from time to time in IRC and on the forums and it seems like it would be a fairly simple thing to add the quests in.

I'm still hoping that when they finally release the quest editor some creative types write up and submit some quests for it.

First off, if it's the one being tested on Blight, it's called Gold Burst.

I think the intention is you have one or the other. Burst is Helian (Primal based) while Rage is Lunus (Tooth and Claw based). They are both abilities. The specs on Burst are:

Damage: 500-600
    Attach Type: Primal
    Casting Delay: 10
    Recycle: 0.03
    Range: 30
    Hoard Cost: 300

A hit reads like this:

[06/15/06 17:06:36] You hit Granite Golem with Gold Burst VII for 575 primal damage.
    [06/15/06 17:06:36] You hit Granite Golem with Gold Burst VII for 395 primal damage.
    [06/15/06 17:06:36] You hit Granite Golem with Gold Burst VII for 569 primal damage.

Also, GR has a target effect of Cripple which GB does not. That may be significant.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Thread Information