Thread: Back on Unity

Shimanyo

Default Back on Unity

After nearly 13 month of absence from Horizons two mates and me decided to reinstall HZ and make a revival party.

Hello Unity 3 are back.

However, the evil devils called "computer problems" are still holding us back from finally logging in. We reactivated our accounts and reinstalled the game (even did download the 1G package) but the game doesn't start. Right after choosing one of my 3 chars and clicking "Play now" I get a error message saying:
    " ... can't download no_update_list.auc ..."
    The login text file in the Horizons folder indicates a 404 error, which sounds for either the wrong server address for download is tried or the server is not up.
    I already searched this message board and read that someone had altered there host file in order to manually direct HZ to the correct server. However, I thought I write my problem down, since this post was pretty old (several months). Can someone help or share some light into this problem? I'm really eager to login and play my nifty (little) dragon, my friendly elf and my beloved cat.

Hi, welcome back the more the merrier...
    Look at
    http://forum.gnonline.net/showthread.php?t=62914
    hope this solves your problem

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Welcome back.

I just returned after an almost two year break, and also experienced the error you have encountered. Editing the host.ini file (as it says in the link Sigi points to) solved the problem for me.

I sometimes get a communication error when trying to connect, but then I just try again until I succeed in connecting. Annoying, but at least I can play.

Shimanyo

Many thanks. Editing the host file solved my problem.

cu later
    Ayunken/Basiel/Lisander

Thread Information