Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to Create Account

Draeconeia

Exclamation Unable to Create Account

Greetings.

I am hoping someone from support will see this here and be able to help me with this problem.

I am currently having issues creating an account. I have sent two e-mails to support with no replies/acknowlegement. Yesterday I downloaded the trial version of your game. I have entered my information correctly when creating an account. I have tried it cross-browser platforms (IE and Firefox). Every time, no matter what, I receive the message:

"Your transaction has been declined. This can happen for many different reasons. Please review the data that you have provided to ensure its accuracy. Please make sure that your billing address matches the address on file with your credit card company. Double check your credit card number and expiration dates, and CVV numbers. If you continue to encounter problems after reviewing the information you have provided, please contact support by sending email to [email protected]."

I would really appreciate some help with this seeing that I would really like to try this game. I will understand that I cannot recieve that help here at the boards, but on the off chance that someone from support will see it... well, I had to try.

Thanks for your time and happy gaming,
    Draeconeia (new to the boards and hopefully a permanent member)

Perchance have you checked with your CC company to make sure your not over your limit?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Draeconeia

One of the first things I did.

I guess that would have been helpful if I had included that in the first place. My apologies.

CC is not overdrawn, inactive or cancelled. Anyother ideas of what I can check would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Draeconeia; June 13th, 2006 at 05:10 PM.

Could you please PM me the email address that you are attempting to create an account with. I will look into this issue for you as soon as I receive this information.
    -Reyem
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strangely, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Draeconeia

Thanks for the reply Reyem TG. PM sent.

Dogbert

I am having this problem also just now. Tried with 2 different CCs in both IE and Firefox.

I have replied to both PMs. Please remember to use IE in order to both sign up for, and log into Horizons.
    -Reyem
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strangely, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Sydius

I cannot create a second account for my girlfriend using any of my or her credit cards, and they are all okay, and I created the first account okay.

I too am having this problem and get the same message. Any chance it is your new provider?

Ahna Safari

I am also having this same issue. I would love to play the game. /sigh

Sydius

Anyone have any luck yet?

I tried calling the people who handle their billing directly (at the suggestion of the developer) but they say there is nothing they can do until the account is already created.

They also say my first account (which is working) is not in their system...

Draeconeia

No luck here.

My hubby and I have tried on multiple machines with two different CCs and each time it's been declined. Best guess is that it's the actual processor that is messed up. Question is; who controls the processor? Ipay or Horizons? Who controls the account sign-up/sign-in page? And the company might want to look into whether or not they've gotten any new users lately. It might be that someone made a change to the page script that has screwed with processing of credit card information.

I'm not even going to bother contacting the billing company, being as you've already called and got a no go from them. At least I know now that it isn't just me. Hopefully, someone will figure out what's going on and let us know when things are back to normal.
    -------------------------------
    EDIT: post-script - Has anyone gotten any e-mail replies from support at istaria dot com?
    Last edited by Draeconeia; June 14th, 2006 at 02:51 AM.

Sydius

Supposedly they're fixing it. The create account button is disabled, at least.

ST Dragon

Any idea when i can make my FIRST EVER account id really like to try this game

Sydius

One developer told me today, another told me no definite ETA, but as soon as possible.

I'm eager, too, since my girlfriend won't let me play until we can make her an account.

waldron

Yes, i cannot create account too, hope they are working on it, and hope it will be soon fixed :/

I keep my IRC client active so I can see if anything interesting comes up in #Horizons while I'm at work. This issue was getting a lot of attention yesterday and is most likely the team's top priority.

Hopefully we'll get some official word on the issue soon. And, in case you were wondering, no, this sort of issue is not common at all.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Sydius

I was just able to create an account for my girlfriend, sort of.

Every time I go to the horizons.istaria.com, it asks me to select my region. I did that, and then clicked "Create Account", filled in the information (no billing info was there), and then hit "Create". That gave me an error about accessing the new account, so I clicked "home", selected my region again, and tried logging in -- which worked.

I thought to myself that there was no billing information, though, so I clicked "Manage Account" but it just took me back to the region selection screen. So I logged back in, and tried "Manage Subscriptions" but that did the same thing. The second time I tried to log in, it gave me a pop-up saying that the account was expired.

:-/

Sydius

Oh, lovely, I log into my first account, and now it says that is expired, too.

Maja

I have the same problem.
    It keeps asking me to add in my cc info and whenever i do and click on "save" *nothing* happens. Just reloads the page with my info... Been trying for some time now and I know there's nothing wrong with the card.

Thread Information