Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spell Tiers

Anima

<waves!>

"Caster in group against boss mobs is always the same. Bolt Bolt Bolt Bolt ..."
    Quote - Eni

Yuppers, over time Bolts have the best damage output... and way less mouse clicking involved. This thread was derailed along the line somewhere. A juicy tangent for sure.

How would linking "ALL SPELL TIMERS" affect me? It would diminish my crowd control options and make it much harder for me to hunt, I'd die more often due to misses and running out of crowd control options. I'd probably get rid of about four hotkey bars. I'd start a separate thread to petition for more spells, faster recycle time or better damage on single cast spells.

This game is already slanted toward Melee classes as it is, I hope if our timers are linked, that we atleast get a boost somewhere else to make up for it. <grumbles about event bosses and some named creatures being immune to crowd control>

<Waves!>
    Last edited by Anima; June 15th, 2006 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drasdil Redin
    I hope this isn't a round-a-bout way of finding out what spells should maybe have common timers...sort of like the "What mobs to you like to hunt and why?" question that occurred many many moons ago...just before the changes that occurred with them.

somehow I get that same impression...
    Got Cowbell?

Lvl 100 ancient dragon here.

I occasionally use lower tier buffs on others. (My biped regularly uses lower tier gifts on others though.) Lower tier heals never get used.

I only use t5 bolts: improved as the repeater and the normal bolt with a range tech for pulling.

I do however use tier 4 and tier 5 AoE spells together. When fighting melee I will use the AoEs if I happen to get several mobs around me, I guess that's what other people are calling "crowd control".

However when fighting with magic, those 8 AoEs are the core of my fighting style! I pull a few mobs and work through the 8 hotkeys. By the time I've got through all 8 spells the first one is close to being recycled. This isn't the kind of "mass farming" a heavily multi-classed biped can do, but it does allow an ancient dragon to take down several "normal" t5 mobs (never undeads!), especially when combined with flame burst and spiked scales.

Ok the tier 4 spells obviously don't do as much damage as the tier 5 ones, but they do contribute significantly to battles. If you linked the timers on the different tiers of AoE spells it would completely destroy one of my two fighting styles. I'd become a melee-only fighter, and eventually regret being helian.

Casting bolt after bolt after bolt is simply boring. As someone else said, there just aren't enough spellcasting damage attacks to make things more interesting. Perhaps it wouldn't be as bad for bipeds who can take additional schools to get more spells? But dragons don't have that option!

Quote Originally Posted by Soresha
    Perhaps it wouldn't be as bad for bipeds who can take additional schools to get more spells? But dragons don't have that option!
    TWrong. Opposit is the case. Biped have less spells as not all spells are usable with all schools. And biped caster additional miss armor, HP, and ability of any melee.

Well,

of course I use lower tiered buffs for lower lvl players as far available. And right T5 and T4 rez with some newer bosses :b

for combat with Joaqim as a druidic caster:
    I'm used to cast my paroxysm V as intro an then a chain of Thunder V, Lighting Storm V, Thunder IV, Lighting Storm IV, Thunder III, Lighting Storm III, then there might be a bit time spare to spread in a corosive rain for a lil bit debuff and starting the chain again.
    If I try to gather pulls from larger areas I also may Paroxysm IV to keep the bulk following me in good aggro mood and of course it helps to compesate the incoming ranged dmg. I use it that way because nature spells have about the crapiest dmg output and because of CoT isn't doing dmg when the MoB misses - and I have to avoid beeing hitted because of weak leather armor. And no, I can't farm undeads.

combat with Beleenda as Paladina:
    T4 range teched nature bolt is the only attack spell used :b (yep as pull, give me Paladinas reach pls)

combat with Dinax my lvl 61/90 hatchy:
    Barrage, Blast, Gust, Tempest from TIII to T I, well need those lower tiers as a hatchy doesn't have the massive area blow of breath of fire.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Thread Information