Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vault Upgrade

Default Vault Upgrade

Hello, I am a new player.

I was able to get the first vault upgrade for 10 silver. My vault is now 2200. I am told that I can get more upgrades but no matter who I talk with I cant seem to get a quest for another upgrade...

Is it now level based? I have been told it is but no one seems to know at which levels more upgrades are available..

Please advise

Duergos

I believe, and don't quote me on this, that you can upgrade the vault either every 10 lvls (so lvl10, lvl 20, etc) or it's based off your tier, but that doesn't really work. Oh, and there are 6 vault lvls. And it's starts getting more and more expensive. heh The Vault VI is 400s.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

There are 7 vault Levels. But you can only get 7 if you save the free upgrade quest till you have vault 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    There are 7 vault Levels. But you can only get 7 if you save the free upgrade quest till you have vault 6.
    I had heard that the Vault 7 was broken. I know a couple dragons that were 100/100 and paid through Vault 6, and then couldn't do the quest for Vault 7.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

The question is, why can't you get 7 if you did the quest earlier? Why handicap folks?

I'm stuck at 6 just because I did the quest early? I was at 4 and someone told me to get r done. Now I can't increase my vault capacity past 6000. Pretty irksome.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell
    The question is, why can't you get 7 if you did the quest earlier? Why handicap folks?

I'm stuck at 6 just because I did the quest early? I was at 4 and someone told me to get r done. Now I can't increase my vault capacity past 6000. Pretty irksome.
    I have the same problem. Came back to the game after 2 years away. I actually had a defunct vault quest in my journal from back when vault increases were first done. I ended up getting the new quest and finishing it only to then find out there was one more purchase I could have done but was never offered at the time.

There should be 5 purchases and 1 quest one no matter what order you do them in.

Yeah, we've asked for that a few times.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I pretty much have to agree that they should fix the vault quest so that you can do it anytime and still be able to make your way to Vault 7. It's griefish to those who did the quest early and then didn't aquire the proprietary player knowledge needed to know to save it until vault 6.

As a dragon, I had no issues with doing the quest to upgrade to 7 from 6... aside from that I had to be told by another player to save the quest until vault 6 (how would I figure this out from the game itself? Does it even make sense?)

a shame that this vault bug could survive the time ((

how long does it exists? 1 1/2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Duergos
    Hello, I am a new player.

I was able to get the first vault upgrade for 10 silver. My vault is now 2200. I am told that I can get more upgrades but no matter who I talk with I cant seem to get a quest for another upgrade...

Is it now level based? I have been told it is but no one seems to know at which levels more upgrades are available..

Please advise

Duergos
    To address the OPs question...

Vaults have always had some sort of requirement, but what those actually are, I don't know. I can tell you this...

My Dryad is a 26 Spirit Disciple and this is her highest school. She was able to upgrade to Vault 4 before Elsa stopped talking to her about more upgrades. Maybe I can get 5 at 30? Who knows, but that's what I DO know so I hope that helps.

I think I was 50 craft in my hatchlings before I got quests to start the grant series of quests.

Glad this topic appeared. I'm just curious, where do you get the first quest? One of my guildmates mentioned it. I've spoken to the manager in Tazoon (who tells me to see a regional vault keeper), and I've spoken to normal vault keepers in Tazoon, Trismus, Kion and Dralk, who all give me some message along the lines of "you don't have enough credit with us to access that service".

The only other option I see is again with the manager who mentions purchasing shares (the 10s upgrade I assume), but I click it and nothing happens. I'm aware there is sometimes lag (I'm on Unity btw) with the chat updates, but I've waited for up to 5 minutes and no window appears. Tried it a few times. Any other ideas as to how to start it? Or could it have been broken on Unity recently?

pevil,

Make sure you have opened your vault at least once before attempting to obtain a vault upgrade. If your vault isn't loaded, the NPC won't recognize it to see what it needs upgrading to.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    a shame that this vault bug could survive the time ((

how long does it exists? 1 1/2 years?
    Vlisson its lasted far far too long. Another, it would seem, stellar example of TG QA.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Question Vault problem

Im a level 100 dragon adv. and I have been stuck at vault 5 for about 9 months, are there any other requirements? I know other guildys that have vault 6, any ideas on what do do anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    pevil,

Make sure you have opened your vault at least once before attempting to obtain a vault upgrade. If your vault isn't loaded, the NPC won't recognize it to see what it needs upgrading to.

HTH
    Tried this 15 or 16 times, stuck at vault 6
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the vault upgrade quest was changed so that now nobody can get vault 7, due to the outcry from older players. When the quest first came out you had to do the quest before you could buy more upgrades. Those people who were lucky enough to get vault 7 by buying all the other upgrades first and then doing the quest are just that - the lucky few.
    I think they left the quest doable, but you didn't get upgrade 7. I have an alt with level 2 vault and she gets offered the quest.
    I'm a biped. Even when I look like a dragon, I'm a biped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that the vault upgrade quest was changed so that now nobody can get vault 7, due to the outcry from older players. When the quest first came out you had to do the quest before you could buy more upgrades. Those people who were lucky enough to get vault 7 by buying all the other upgrades first and then doing the quest are just that - the lucky few.
    Hmm, well my little hatchy was getting Vault VII via that quest maybe 3-4 weeks ago...

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Thread Information