Thread: 3 bugs I have with my trial account

grandrake

Default 3 bugs I have with my trial account

So far, I've encountered 3 problems with the trial account:

Creation:
    (1) Account creation does not accept the "Outside US/Canada" selection for STATE. I had to select some US/Canada state before I could continue.

Termination of Subscription:
    (1) Throws up an error when I try to cancel my subscription:

"An error occured while adding your subscription. Please try again, and verify your Credit Card information. If you continue to have problems updating your account, please contact Customer Service to resolve the issue."

Creating New Characters:
    (1) Can't create new character after selecting shard. It just shows the user login and password fields (with the stuff like Recall Reset, etc.) but the "Play Horizons" button can't be clicked. I've got .NET 1.1, and I don't have any ActiveX / firewall issues...

Obviously, the most critical thing for me now is to ensure I can cancel the subscription. Have submitted a ticket for that, but I'd love to know how I can fix the character creation issue before I give up.

Thanks!

grandrake

Hi Komu, thanks for the reply! I realized I missed the link on the IE settings.

Followed them to the letter (Privacy & Security settings, Content Advisor settings, downloaded & installed the launcher ActiveX control successfully, etc.).

The Content Advisor settings actually sent things into a loop for me. Right after the EULA, it'd throw me back into the login page. Disabling Content Advisor did the trick.

I managed to cancel my subscription at last, but I still couldn't get the launcher going, despite successfully installing the controls you mentioned. I looked up my Sygate Personal Firewall logs, and don't see any problems there too. Will try and give it another few tweaks and spins and see.

Thanks.

Thread Information