Thread: Hia been away sometime now

Default Hia been away sometime now

I wonder if GN is still the lazy #¤& they where when I left, and if Stumpy the 3-legged hamster still powers the server .Or is it resone to toss some cash in to the old account and start playing again ..I did leave 'cause I could'nt take the ,mildly put, lousy support /performa of the game. Anyhow good summer to you all..
    Last edited by Graylegs; June 17th, 2006 at 07:37 PM.
    Graylegs ELAR (active for now)

Graypaws. warden EQ2 (splitpaws)
    Greylegs.working hard -II-
    Graylegs hunter WoW (retired!! )

Depending when you left, I think GN only has gotten worse

The good news is, GN support won't get worse in the future. The bad news is, it won't get any worse because there basically is no support.

In other news, the client has improved.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thanks for the truth.(Might try a month anyway)...I think im impressed (in a weird morbid manor )that GN has sunken even lower.About a year+ since I left and that time I thought it couldn't get wores unless they personally meet up with all players and kicked'em where it hurt most..
    Well I just keep an eye out for some good news on the boards.Finding EQII more and more drifting to WoW clone..Liked the concept on Tulgas new one as long as they dont use GN for it im in.
    Graylegs ELAR (active for now)

Graypaws. warden EQ2 (splitpaws)
    Greylegs.working hard -II-
    Graylegs hunter WoW (retired!! )

I'll go a bit more into detail. many of use (Unity players) suspect that there is no permanent, dedicated staff for Horizons in GN. Support tickets gets no answer. When a server goes down, there is no acknowledgement from GN that it is down. It appears GN becomes aware of server crashes through unofficial communication channels only (and I am not speaking of IRC here). When a server goes back up, we get no acknowledgement from GN that they have rebooted the server. For a good while, it seemed as if the server was permanently 'under maintenance' - that is, the latest news on login page was that Unity was under weekly maintenance. When maintenance was over, they did not update the news. When next weekly maintenance rolled in, they just updated the date to current on the news bit.

Fortunately you have some options. If you find HZ to your liking after your return, but detest the 'support' we get so much it comes a gamebreaking issue, you can create an account on Tulga's US servers if you own a credit card. Their customer services is prompt and on the ball, and subscription rates on their servers keep on growing.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thread Information