Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ? about Dexterity, Evasion and Weapon Skill...

Lockwood

Default Re: ? about Dexterity, Evasion and Weapon Skill...

I've been wondering about this for a while

One of my old guildmates and I are very comprabable, both focusing on cleric and chaos warrior, within a level of two either way

due to tp's, her str was more than 200 above mine, while I had thrown all my tp's into 2hc, with whatever leftover dumping into life

I was doing nearly double the damage she was and missing very infrequently, so I can only imagine that training the weapon ability is signifigantly better than training the attribute

Of course, training 2hc doesn't help in any way with crafting, while str def. does

Elkandriel

That was awesome save there from Tazoon boards Deathiny [Y]. Let me try to explain why some of you may experience low benefit from armor or don`t notice effect when removing armor (just if there are no bugs). If some mob is doing 100 dam with delay of 1 and you got let`s say 500 armor that would reduce damage 20 at delay 1.If youdouble that armorto 1000 you`d reduce damage by 40. So you`d only lower received damage from 80 to 60 when you doubled your armour. Then if you add armor from 1500 to 2000 you`d reduce your damage takenfrom 40 to 20! This just means that basically all armor exceptplatemail and maybe chainmail are useless for reducing damage. I think there is sametype of damage reduction for evasion too based by my experience. You can gain "invulnerability" tooagainst mobs if you get the best evasion, dexterity and boosting abilities+wards. If you got less than half of this "ultimate" evasion it`d make dodging more or less useless since additions to evasion like evasive style only would boost only little dodging. So point is if you want any good effect from armor or evasion you`d need to completely max those out and you`d be nearly godly.

Also let me say why dam on monks etc is very sub par compared to other classes. It is mainly cause melee abilities like multistrike do NOT give you much benefit when using low delay attack. Multistrikewould givetons of damagewith relativelymuch shorter recycle time with high delay attacks. Also compared to berserkers rage and reavers ethereal blade monk doesn`t get any comparabe abilities execpt spirit disciples spirit format late levels.

Tarris

Well, i think Im finally on to something here...

When I up my strength by 40, my current 2HC and 2HS go up by2 And my 1HC/1HP/1HS goes up by 1.

When I up my Dexterity by 40 points my 2hand weapons go up by 2 and my one hand weapons go up by 3.

On the other hand, I hit a lot more often having points into dexterity or points purely into 2hand crush... while I do more damage with points all in strength or all in 2 hand crush.

I think here's the formula for converting attributes into weapon skills..

((Attribute)/10)x(Distribution)= +to current skill

Distributions are different for each type.
    1HandWeapons= .75 for Dex. .25 for Str.
    2HandWeapons= .50 for Dex .25 for Str
    Bows= 1 for Dex
    Evasion= 1 for dex
    Shield= .5 for dex .5 for str.
    Tooth&Claw= .75 for dex. .25 for str

I think overall though, this little extra added to the current is just a small bonus since its been part of the system before the training points. Now, since we can simply add the points to whatever weapon skill we choose (Or magic skill/ defensive skill/ whatever skill) The main attributes now give a direct addition to something on top of the overall bonus to current skills. Strength is damage, Dex is chance to hit and them to miss, Power is spell damage, Focus is... chance to hit/miss with spells(?)

So, for max damage, bipeds should put all their points into strength and their weapon skill if they do two hand. If they do one hand, they should choose between the chance to miss/hit they get from dexterity along with the added current bonus, and the additional damage they will get from stength. (Same with Dragons.))

However, since training points can't be put directly into any crafting skills (Imagine that!) Then pure crafters need to put their points into one of their main attributes.

Str. - metal, stone, wood working, and scales
    Dex. -Fishing, organic gathering/processing, brewing
    Power - Transmuting, essence stuff, spellcrafting, gemworking
    Focus -alchemy, enchanting, tinkering

This is just the basic idea I got from the crafting side, too many categories to put down each one, and I think they were recieving bonuses from more than just their main one which I hope I put up right here. Yup so that only really matters to crafters... where has all my time gone?

Skill Focus % Power % Dexterity % Strength % Alchemy 60 30 10 - Armorcraft 10 - 20 70 Brewing 40 - 50 10 Carpentry 10 10 40 40 Clothworking 30 - 60 10 Cooking - 40 40 20 Dragon Lairshaping 10 40 10 40 Dragon Scalecraft - - 40 60 Earthencraft 50 - 50 - Enchanting 70 30 - - Essence Harvesting 30 60 10 - Essance Shaping 30 60 10 - Essence Structuring 40 40 10 10 Fishing 20 - 60 20 Fitting 10 10 10 70 Fletching 10 - 60 30 Foraging 10 - 60 30 Gemworking 20 50 30 - Jewelcraft 50 20 30 - Leatherworking - 30 60 10 Logging - 10 20 70 Lumbering - 10 30 60 Masonary 10 10 30 50 Metalworking 20 - - 80 Mining - 10 - 90 Quarrying - 10 - 90 Salvaging - 50 50 - Sculpting 20 - - 80 Smelting - 20 - 80 Spellcraft 50 50 - - Spinning 20 - 60 20 Stoneworking - 10 20 70 Tailoring - 30 70 - Tanning - 20 60 20 Tinkering 60 10 30 - Transmuation 30 70 - - Weaponcraft - 10 20 70 Weaving 10 10 70 10 Woodworking 30 - 60 10
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Wooo! I was searching for this table since so much.

Thank you!
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

gopher65

If I read the dev post correctly, Strength adds more/point to damage than weapon skill does. And dex adds more %chance to hit/point than weapon skill. Dex also addsvery small amounts of evasion.

Since physical attributes cost more than skills to raise by using TP, it probably balances out. But as other people have mentioned, Strength, Dex, Power, and Focus add to many skills, including craft skills. If you focus on a single school, and a single weapon, then it is better to add to weapon skill. If you multiclass (like me), and use many many skills (like me:)), then the 4 physical attributes are probably better for you.

For instance. If you are a ELAR put all your TP into bow or Xbow depending on which one you use. If you are an ELAR/Healer/Warrior/ChaosWarrior, then you have so many skills to use (bow is best for ELAR, warrior and healer can use Xbow, Choas Warrior will probably use 2hc and so will warrior. Healer will use 1hc as well as xbow) that it doesn't make sense to raise just one skill.

Kinda on topic..
    Anyone else notice that you don't seem to gain Stats scores when you level your crafting like you used to?

I just dinged 2 levels in outfitter last night (my only crafting class) and my stats didn't change...
    AKA Maguai, PogoWolf (Chaos)
    www.PogoWolf.com / www.GamersVue.com
    [/RIGHT]

If you have a 2nd school with same skill/stat, they donnt add. The higher one counts.

Unity

Heya Pogo,
    Eni is right. Outfitter is midocre in stats. Your Zerker stats will match or beat OUT easily.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

I always thought that you gained ADV and Crafting stats seperate...

StatsPerLevelID Class Stat Gain Berserker Dexterity 8 Berserker Focus 7 Berserker Health 10 Berserker Power 7 Berserker Strength 10

StatsPerLevelID Class Stat Gain Outfitter Power 3 Outfitter Dexterity 7 Outfitter Health 5 Outfitter Focus 3 Outfitter Strength 5

Though... Now that I think about it (and see it)
    well..I'm an idiot. [:$]

Jeezzz.. that means I need to be a Weaver to get a 9 Dex per level.. EWWWWWWWWWWW
    =)

[/RIGHT]

Hah... I see th lightbulb has lit.

BTW, I think either weaver or tailors get dx at 10. But still not worthwhile. And I am kinda ticked that you get focus and power at 7 ?!! BTW, I think the health is a bit off, you should get 20/level.

SpiritD:
    Dexterity 9
    Focus 6
    Health 18
    Power 5
    Strength 6

Hence why we take enchanter/spell crafter for power/focus, and then fitter for strength. What are we supposed to do, poke them in the eye with our 9 dex?

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

There's like 3 different places to get that data from, and I believe it's ALL wrong.
    but I havn't taken the time to re-check all the classes (though, I will as some point)

FYI, the Log Analyser is coming along well. It now pulls all the data.
    start work on doing something with the data tomorrow.=)

[/RIGHT]

Weavers get 10pts dex/lvl actually - I know as I am lvl 100 weaver :)
    Crafter 190 Adventurer 149 Dryad - Order

[Quote = "Joolara"]Weavers get 10pts dex/lvl actually - I know as I am lvl 100 weaver[/quote]

Thank you, Joolara
    I will update my database. [:D]
    [/RIGHT]

If you are a melle class and want max dmg you want to fill str stat and weapon stat as much as you can.

Str is the main cotributer to dmg
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

Got asked often about that topic. Becasue of that i bring it back up.

Unity

Ok I just quickly want to add something to this. I have all my training points in strenght and 2hc, and full teched gearfor strenght/2hc. And I have to say I rarely miss anything. Let's say technically spoken against a level 100 mob I would miss 5-10 % of the time. I haven't really checked or calculated this ingame but I do know I nearly ever miss a mob. Max buffed I can get my strenght up to 1800. The damage with a Fine Mithrill Maul is insane. *giggles of pleasure* That's why I love the head crushing maul so much[6][H]. Due to all my points in strenght/2hc I don't often see a mob "Miss" me. But hell, it's not that bad. Max teching/putting training points in dexterity/evasion I haven't tried so I don't really know or that would be better. Personally I don't really believe that evasion is working good, just from what I hear from other people.

So yeah that's my side of the story,
    Teris Fireopal - Saris [Retired]
    100 Cleric/100 Warrior/100 Healer
    100 Blacksmith/100 Fitter/100 Tinkerer/100 Mason/100 Outfitter
    Are you wearing lipstick? - she answers yes - Well mind if I taste it?

Thread Information