Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BUG: Level Up Sparklies

Default BUG: Level Up Sparklies

They seem to have gone away, with the latest patch.

Thought it was just me, but confirmed with a guildie.

Dravatar

What level is your character?

Quote Originally Posted by Dravatar
    What level is your character?
    Roberto turned 41, and my character turned 29. Just prior to relogging and getting the patch I had another character achieve 32 complete with sparklies .

Dravatar

There was a change that would define the particle effect based on the level of your character. I don't know if this is what you're seeing or not.

There was a change that would define the particle effect based on the level of your character. I don't know if this is what you're seeing or not.
    Might have been a temporary post-patch aberration. I just checked with a lower level character, got 8 mage and 4 blacksmith and had normal sparklies with each. I'll see what happens when I log the higher level one in later.

You mean this?

Particle effects associated with spells will now scale based on the character's skill level.

That was last week. There was nothing in yesterday's notes about the level up particles, and besides, it worked every level up until 41. I take pics of my chars when they level, just cause I think it's cool.

When I hit level 57 of gatherer I noticed my level up sparklies were more subdued than normal.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Today Thursday after the patch from yesterday, I leveled to 83 Miner there where no sparkles at all. At level 83 I should of saw alot.
    ~Robins (Dark Defenders)

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(100)Crossbowman/(66)Healer/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(98)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(71)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(80)Armorer/(86)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (68)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

I just tested this on chaos and I see the level up particles. What school did you level and not see them? It could be related to that specific particle effect.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    I just tested this on chaos and I see the level up particles. What school did you level and not see them? It could be related to that specific particle effect.
    In my case, Fitter.

I also saw no sparklies for level 18-20 dragoncrafter last night and this morning. (on Blight)

tried again tonight. went from 41 to 42 (yay, me!) Fitter, but no sparklies. Not that this is game breaking or anything, but just kind of disappointing. I kinda like that visual 'ooooh' feeling when I see them.

This certainly seems to be a character specific bug. All the characters I have tested get the sparklies except for one. That one has attained 29, 30 and 31 Enchanter, all with no sparklies. Logs available if they are of any use to you.

i've been levelling lairshaper (up to 93 tonight). sometimes the sparklies are there from the beginning.. sometimes never.. but most often they start half-way through or so. starting tonight i've also noticed a floating, rotating icon over my back once the sparklies start. (like the craft icon in the character screen, first tab, though i'm not certain of the icon on its face, i haven't cought it right yet)

and wow.. i'm not the only freak who takes screenshots when i level...

no level up sparklies on me doing enchanter levels in feladan since about 85 or so
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

So, I just leveled from DRAG 76 to 77. No sparklies.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by Vandellia
    no level up sparklies on me doing enchanter levels in feladan since about 85 or so
    None for reaching level 55 & 56 of enchanter either, on Chaos after the tuesday maintance.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

I think it is level related. Switched back to blacksmith last night, got the sparklies at 26, 27, and 28.

Again, no sparklies for 77 last night nor 78 tonigt.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

This is just most likely related to spell effects not showing up in general. I get them some levels and not on others.. but mostly due to the client getting lagged down and not showing effects

Thread Information