Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help us! do something!

Default help us! do something!

It's been 6 or 7 weeks now since uniy has the last patchs we are still without radiant wisps and maybe 3 other patchs im not too sure ive lost count

Irih

I think they try to patch but for some reason the patches fail

They have not said they are trying to patch.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Well, I haven't spoke up about Unity or GN ever before, as a Chaos player, but it's certainly blatantly obvious that they've done everything (by doing/saying next to nothing for the last year and a half or so) to give us all a very bad impression of them (GN I mean). I can't believe what a joke. I sure hope things turn well for the Unity players and that something gets worked out for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    They have not said they are trying to patch.
    No they havent but the last two weeks has the downtime been way to long for a normal mainteance.
    So either they have tried to patch and failed or they have some other rater big problems.

I realy realy would like an officiel comment on this but dont expect one.

And another Thread will here dust in this fourm, seems noone cares about us anymore...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Default Do what?

I am not making light of Unity's situation. I've have read of the problems players there have experienced and it seems unbearable. You have my deepest sympathies. I must ask, however, exactly what you think can be done?

I do not know of the business relationship between TG and GN. I do know how Tulga treats the NA shards from personal observation. Since TG has a vested interest in the game's reputation, it would be illogical for them to treat a shard as I have read Unity has been treated.

That seems to me to mean that, short of supplying the game and providing support for the code, TG has no say in GN's business. TG can supply a patch, but cannot force GN to put it on. The game obviously has the capability for world masters, but GN has chosen not to use that capability. It appears to be something like a automobile lease. TG supplies the car and maintains it mechanically, but has no control over where it goes nor how the auto is treated.

GN's purpose, like any other business is to make a profit. There are business reasons for the issues raised in regards to Unity, though they are unknown to me. Business reasons are not popular and they often seem cruel and disloyal to customers and employees. I suspect, that with a finite staff and other resources, GN is chosing to support games more profitable to itself.

As long as the business arrangement between TG and GN holds, I don't think there is anything TG can do about how GN supports/uses its software. Depending on the agreement nuances, early termination of the agreement could expose a party to lawsuits with fines and/or damages. This situation would be highly undesirable for any company, but especially one trying to emerge from bankruptcy.

Again, I sympathize for your situation, but I do not see how TG can "force" GN to use the software as it does itself. GN is a business partner with TG and for that reason, TG cannot actively entice players from the GN run shard to the NA ones. This would include any type of migration option.

Short of a sympathetic ear, blowing off some steam, and the infinitesimally remote possiblility of peer pressure actually changing a business's course, here is not the place to voice your concerns. GN is. Failing that, the only other alternatives I know of is for you to start over on the NA shards or simply enjoy the ride as is, for as long as it lasts.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by FleshRoast
    Short of a sympathetic ear, blowing off some steam, and the infinitesimally remote possiblility of peer pressure actually changing a business's course, here is not the place to voice your concerns. GN is. Failing that, the only other alternatives I know of is for you to start over on the NA shards or simply enjoy the ride as is, for as long as it lasts.
    While I sure understand your argument and think you are right when stating that the deal with GN prevents them from interacting directly with how they manage their server, I do not think that we should stop voicing our concern here.

TG has to know that GN is doing a lousy job keeping the european customers happy, because it is their game and the success of the game does not depend entirely on the american market. Unhappy customers create bad publicity for a game and that is something that should be a concern for TG. Even though we are 'second-rate' customers....

And starting over on the US server is not a solution at all. A lot of people would simply stop playing the game instead, and that I think can not be in TG's interest at all. If they did something to help people cross over to the american servers, then yes. But if we had to start from scratch again, then a lot of people would choose to simply leave and never look back.

I have just returned after a long break and I am really enjoying the game, but the lousy service by GN is really making me consider to drop this game and never look back.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Caelin
    TG has to know that GN is doing a lousy job keeping the european customers happy, because it is their game and the success of the game does not depend entirely on the american market. Unhappy customers create bad publicity for a game and that is something that should be a concern for TG. Even though we are 'second-rate' customers....
    I could not agree with you more that the success of the game does not depend on the American market. TG may indeed have to take some publicity hits about Unity, but these are things outside of its control because it cannot interfere with GN business practices. All it can do is show and promote how it (TG) uses the software and administrates it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelin
    And starting over on the US server is not a solution at all. A lot of people would simply stop playing the game instead, and that I think can not be in TG's interest at all. If they did something to help people cross over to the american servers, then yes. But if we had to start from scratch again, then a lot of people would choose to simply leave and never look back.

I have just returned after a long break and I am really enjoying the game, but the lousy service by GN is really making me consider to drop this game and never look back.
    I am certain that I too would have to consider this. The time invested in some characters is amazing and to think it would all just "go away" is very disheartening. Even with the current situation, it is just not in TG's interest to undercut a business partner, in my opinion. Without GN, TG has to put a lot of effort into creating its own european division. Effort it simply doesn't have, at the moment. It opens up possible contractual problems that would likely result in expensive, time-consuming litigation. Plus, it would absolutely ruin TG's reputation as a business if another carrier considered a partnership to sponsor the game.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

agreed with you guys. I've only been here a couple months (14 day trial back in march, joined for real about 6 weeks ago) and I'm appalled by the support from GN. Go to support pages, click on 'opening hours'... well look at that, 7 days a week they're closed. Yeah, great start.

I also wouldn't consider re-starting on a US shard; I have nothing against the shards, but I've just hit 52/47/18 adult dragon and I don't want to go through that again (until I start my helian ). If we complain here, hopefully TG won't renew their contract with GN whenever it runs out. I'd be happy if they get another (better) company to take over the server, even if it meant a week downtime to transfer the database and make sure its all running ok, or even if TG themselves took it over, based in it the US but left it separate from Order and Chaos. I know for those with lower connections it may not be so friendly, but at least we'd have up to date support, GM's from what I hear, and probably a better chance at getting a nicer client soon.

I'm gonna assume that GN is getting fees from TG for this, or a cut of our membership or something. But I've had better support from my old UO shard I used to play on, which was run by ONE man for free. Most problems were fixed within 12 or 24 hours.

Short overview of broken stuff i get when thinking about a minute
    • Loginpage (still 2004 version)
      • Shard status
      • Current messages (maintanance end, patch notes... everything is missing)
      • Plots for sale list
      • Still AE listed as dev. Not Tula
      • EULA is not up to date (still AE. not Tulga)
    • Plot reclamation
    • GM events
    • Support answers
    • Consigner search
    • EU webpage for HZ
    • Multiple E-mail contacts to support are reported as broken.
    • Knowledge base on Support page is 2 years out of date.
    • Known issue list on Support page is 2 years out of date (last updated yesterday)
    • My oldest unaswered support case is over a year old (there are people with even older ones)
    • Client and Database version
    • Crash and reboot without any note on loginpage
    • Standalone patcher/starter
    • Massive serverlag for hours after maintanance (can take a whole day)

Quote Originally Posted by FleshRoast

As long as the business arrangement between TG and GN holds, I don't think there is anything TG can do about how GN supports/uses its software. Depending on the agreement nuances, early termination of the agreement could expose a party to lawsuits with fines and/or damages. This situation would be highly undesirable for any company, but especially one trying to emerge from bankruptcy.

As far as I know, the exact nature of the business arrangement between Tulga and GN is not clear. I share your opinion that in all likelihood there is nothing that Tulga can do to change the dismal situation for Unity players, but I know that in business dealings the standing of a company plays some part. And what is done here is to give the public information about the way GN handles some of the games it 'supports'. That might be useful for everyone who has or plans to have deals with GN, be it Tulga or some other company.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

The state of Unity really concerns me. I’ve returned to the game nearly a month ago keen to carry on with my dragon to ancient and have a lair but, I really don’t want to invest time in to my character that’s on a server that’s could potentially be shut down in the near future. People are saying if they shut down the Unity server TG will not have the right to the Unity character data base. This is really putting me off from carrying on playing even though I want to! This coupled with the non existent support and delayed patching. I’ll be canceling again and keeping my fingers crossed that TG’s contract with those who run Unity runs out soon and the rumors that TG can’t get the character data base are not true.
    I can’t invest time in to a MMO with a server run like this. I really hope Unity players are merged in to the USA server soon I really do. I’ll return once this has happened or somebody else takes over the running of Unity. It's a real pity TG hands are tied in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenclaw1
    I’ll be canceling again and keeping my fingers crossed that TG’s contract with those who run Unity runs out soon and the rumors that TG can’t get the character data base are not true.
    Sir, with all due respect, you that the above statement is true how? Please, enlighten all of us, we'd love to know how YOU know that TG CAN get the DB.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

See that pesky word "rumours" there, Seranthor? Add to that the "keeping my fingers crossed that" and you have a winner.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thanks, for a minute there I thought he had some secret information that gave him special insight as to the relationship between TG and GN.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

GN answered us in their forum - twice

And you believe them?

Honestly I think the only way you are going to get satisfaction is to speak with $$$. If you want to continue playing the game because you enjoy it you should seriously consider moving to the NA shards. I think it's safe to say given the warm welcome that the people who have already moved to a NA shard have received that it won't take long to get back to the level you are now. I feel pretty safe in saying that the Order community would virtually drop everything to assist you in getting set up again. I doubt that Chaos would be any different.

If TG could do something for you they would have already. I'm guessing as well that even if the contract that exists between GN and TG expires the data will remain sole property of GN and I'm thinking that they won't just hand it over. They seem pretty cutthroat to me so I'm thinking that they will try and charge TG for it if given the chance.

I really do feel for you guys because you are totally getting shafted. I can't help but feel that GN is just going to continue taking your money and giving you lousy service for as long as you let them.

just in regards to the rumours that TG wouldn't be able to get the database... can't we ask to have our chars moved to NA and Blight? Which would suggest to me that they can indeed get/have rights to the database. Even if they had to pay GN off at the end... *crosses fingers*

Thread Information