Thread: "Stand Alone Launcher" ?

Risla

Default "Stand Alone Launcher" ?

In my (somewhat frustrating!) search to figure out why I can't get past this "...Charactor Essense... " screen, I've come across a few references to a "stand alone launcher" wich can be used instead of the web launcher.

...could someone kindly point me to where to get this stand alone launcer is?

I can find skins for this fabled launcher, I can find music packs for the game itself... But where IS the launcher download?

Thanks for any help!
    -Risla

(Also, sorry if this is in the wrong category! I figured this, or the Player Made UI area... both were close but not quite right so I flipped a mental coin and chose "game bugs".)

Quote Originally Posted by Risla
    In my (somewhat frustrating!) search to figure out why I can't get past this "...Charactor Essense... " screen, I've come across a few references to a "stand alone launcher" wich can be used instead of the web launcher.

...could someone kindly point me to where to get this stand alone launcer is?

I can find skins for this fabled launcher, I can find music packs for the game itself... But where IS the launcher download?

Thanks for any help!
    -Risla

(Also, sorry if this is in the wrong category! I figured this, or the Player Made UI area... both were close but not quite right so I flipped a mental coin and chose "game bugs".)

try looking for the HorizonsLauncher.exe in your Horizons directory...
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

It most likely won't help you, though. You can't use it to create new characters, and your issue is within the game, not with the launcher.

What sound card are you using?
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Risla

Thanks and thanks!

I found it (why wouldn't I look in the most obvious spot?!), and true enough, it wont help with my charactor problem.

I -think- my sound card is simply the onboard sound card. A "Realtek AC'97 Audio". The drivers are up to date, and I've tried disabling the thing. Still no go.

But at least I know where the launcher is now.

And so the search continues...
    -Risla

Thread Information