Thread: New potential desktop

Default New potential desktop

I watched this video earlier about a new desktop interface that is being developed.. perhaps it will be available for beta testing soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ODskdEPnQ
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

thats really cool, but since it is a 3d interface it probaly takes a lot more resuorces on your machine to run rather than the current destop interface does, and windows already takes alot

Looks really cool, but i hope i wont get such a software in my hands - I wont be able to find anything anymore

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Yea.. no where I have found mentions anything about how much memory/cpu the software takes. The are trying to make it a complete replacement, from what I can tell, of the windows desktop. So... when you login to the system, instead of logging in to the Windows desktop environment, you will login to the 3D desktop environment, so it "shouldn't" increase the resource amount too much.

Should also remember that this software is still in its Alpha stage, so many improvements in resource use could still be comming, as well as added features and the like.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Well, while the explorer shell does take a bit too much resources, it is not anywhere near what that beast would take. Using that shell, even optimized as best as it can, will definitely have you sacrifice some system resources to it.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thread Information