Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool: Flying Disks

Default Cool: Flying Disks

OK, had a few minutes to fool around on blight. Love the quests, disks are kind of cool.

But the T5 disk only has a stack of one, don't understand this facination with handcuffing disks??!?!

I really wish y'all would at least make it 2 stacks. That would definitely make the disks more useful.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

What's the capacity of the T5 disk? And what's the speed limit?

It is a Tarbash that can fly at 10 faster then the run speed. At least the Tier 1 and 2 are. I assume the rest are the same.

Can you port with them?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Can you port with them?
    Don't know. Did not think to try that myself.

Their stats are exactly the same as a Tarbash, but with the added fly speed cap.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Their stats are exactly the same as a Tarbash, but with the added fly speed cap.

So let me understand this, DRAGONS get all the benefits of a tarbash except the speed cap AND they get to FLY with them. How flippin charming. Dragon affirmitive action at its finest. Not to mention that who knows what has been shoved aside to ensure these have been brought so close to live while other things are left for years with no action.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

There's a speed cap on it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    There's a speed cap on it.
    Sure is SIR, higher than that of the walking ones, AND the added benefit of flight AND able to traverse mob infested terrain with inpunity. What say you to that SIR?

If flying disks are all limited to a stack of one, then I have some serious concerns about them in terms of their utility for Lairshapers. These disks sound great for transporting one item (like cut gems), but as we all know DLSH products require multiple components that come from different regions of the map. This will limit the DLSH player to piecemeal construction of finished Lair components, which then go into the disk.

As is, such a disk could be used for basic Lairshaping. But it would be a lot more time consuming.

This request will probably end up totally ignored, but please open the disk up to three stacks.

Absolutely NOT, want a disk with more than one slot use the myriad of disks that already exist. You are getting more than anyone w/o wings has, and you still want MORE? Not in the slightest greedy are you?

So when will you start complaining about the Miner/Gather only disk?

Nice disks, but use is severely limited since you cant port with them. Additionally Miner/Gatherers had to level purely on the processing of their materials, they dont get the make, decon, make more stuff for experience. So whats your point?

Just had a chance to chat with Amon in IRC. Turns out the flying disk isn't intended for DLSH use, as I originally thought. In that case, I have no problem with this implementation.

*Looks forward to a flying standard disk*

Or make several versions of the Flying Disk for all Tiers, just like the biped disks.

One That has a Low Capacity but High Stacks.
    One That has Medium Capacity and Medium Stacks.
    One That has High Capacity and only One Stack.

Same as the walking disks. And there's a reason why the cap is 2x the walking cap: It'd look absolutely silly to fly at a speed of 10....not to mention there is altitude involved as well. When you walk, you always go forward. With flying sometimes you have to stop and go up, or down to get around stuff in your way. *Shrug* And besides, Dragons have lairs on the middle of hillsides and up on sky islands and such. The only way to get to them is flying, so Flying Disks are obviously a necessity, as those who own sky lairs are at an obvious disadvantage without a flying disk.

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    Or make several versions of the Flying Disk for all Tiers, just like the biped disks.

no doubt, choice is a very good thing!

choice is very good, personally id rather have 2 stacks and a more restrictive speed cap. say normal disc cap + road bonus.

i could probably make use of a 1 stack disc for lairshaping, but it would really change my current way of processing
    Last edited by Ulkesh; June 25th, 2006 at 12:32 AM.
    This page intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin

One That has a Low Capacity but High Stacks.
    One That has Medium Capacity and Medium Stacks.
    One That has High Capacity and only One Stack.

Same as the walking disks. And there's a reason why the cap is 2x the walking cap: It'd look absolutely silly to fly at a speed of 10....not to mention there is altitude involved as well. When you walk, you always go forward. With flying sometimes you have to stop and go up, or down to get around stuff in your way. *Shrug* And besides, Dragons have lairs on the middle of hillsides and up on sky islands and such. The only way to get to them is flying, so Flying Disks are obviously a necessity, as those who own sky lairs are at an obvious disadvantage without a flying disk.

--Dhalin
    I dont have a problem with flying disks Dhalin, I do have a problem with altering the speeds upwards w/o altering the capacity downward.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    I dont have a problem with flying disks Dhalin, I do have a problem with altering the speeds upwards w/o altering the capacity downward.
    Flight speed altered up to compensate for no road bonus perhaps? Or did the road bonus conveniently slip you mind?

Folks hardly get road bonus EVERYwhere SIR... or did you intentionally forget that?

Thread Information