Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool: Flying Disks

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Folks hardly get road bonus EVERYwhere SIR... or did you intentionally forget that?
    When flying?

Let me understand this, you want porting disks like tarbash, you want large capacity like tarbash, multiple stacks like normal disks, you want them to fly so you can avoid mobs with inpunity and you want road bonus speed in flight, all in the same disk?

If you want road speed in flight I'm happy to allow it if your actually flying over a road...
    Last edited by Seranthor; June 25th, 2006 at 02:15 AM.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Default Hi Khoal

Currently, our biped tarbash disks, which we gate with, have a stack of one. I highly doubt that they will change that. We do have the options of using another disk, just cannot portal with it.

Hey Seranthor, I had heard they invented these cool new colors, somewhere between white and black. You ever hear anything about that?
    Lumineux Talar

Let me understand this, you want porting disks like tarbash, you want large capacity like tarbash, multiple stacks like normal disks, you want them to fly so you can avoid mobs with inpunity and you want road bonus speed in flight, all in the same disk?

If you want road speed in flight I'm happy to allow it if your actually flying over a road...
    Hi Seranthor, we , as bipeds, have many places we can travel and get resources without mobs involved. Heck, I travel from old oaks to aug, and dont run into mobs either. So, yes, they too, the dragons of course, will be able to fly with their disk as we walk with our disks. I don't really see a problem with that. The dragons who have lairs where they have to fly to get into the lairs, this will be most beneficial to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux
    Hey Seranthor, I had heard they invented these cool new colors, somewhere between white and black. You ever hear anything about that?
    Ahyup, however, lack of expert nutrition has fried my colour receptors so I only see in black and white until that is solved. Buying Expert Roast Fish, PST.

MsPeaches: again, my issue isn't with the winged ones possessing disks they can fly with, its with the extras given and/or being demanded.
    Last edited by Seranthor; June 25th, 2006 at 02:25 AM.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Default Heh

Ahyup, however, lack of expert nutrition has fried my colour receptors so I only see in black and white until that is solved. Buying Expert Roast Fish, PST.

MsPeaches: again, my issue isn't with the winged ones possessing disks they can fly with, its with the extras given and/or being demanded.

We all can demand things, we all can ask for things, just doesn't mean we will get them either! *winks*

Realize this wasn't for me but just wanted to point out that the only person making demands in this topic seems to be you Seranthor. Someone earlier expressed a desire to have a multi stack disk to help with lairshaping but that hardly ranks as a demand....

I certainly wasn't making demands, I thought these threads were for discussion.

Best I can remeber was 1 stack 12k bulk. Run 25 flight 32 or something like that. Did not note if they were port-a-ble *G*

But a disk you could port with....sweet
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Run 25, Fly 32 eh?... I still dont see why run/fly should not be the same speed. Thusfar I've seen no compelling reason. Or maybe as one above has pointed out I see things more in black and white and not in colours.

Base fly speed is higher than base run speed, for several reasons. The disks simply reflect that. If you want something to yell about, yell about that.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Yeah Seranthor, I really don't get it.
    Why isn't fly speed capped at 50?
    If you get a road bonus of 25. You would think that as the run speed is 25. You add 25 for flying speed.
    All we get is 32. Meaning we don't really get a "road" bonus.
    And since it is a Tarbash, with only one stack it is fairly useless in DLSH.
    Ever did tricuts? You actually need 4 stacks to be somewhat swift in the making of them.

Flying speed should be the same as walking speed. A tiny percent of the world has a road bonus. If someone wanted the road bonus with a flying disc they could easily just land on the road and get it.

The flying disc already gives so many more advantages then walking with one. Flying directly in a straight line over obstacles like mountains and mobs already more then makes up for the road bonuses.

Also I would like to know do these discs fly over water?
    ~Robins (Dark Defenders)

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(100)Crossbowman/(66)Healer/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(98)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(71)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(80)Armorer/(86)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (68)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Salis
    If you get a road bonus of 25. You would think that as the run speed is 25. You add 25 for flying speed.
    If you think road bonus is really an advantage, don't fly, use the roads for resource gathering.

Hehe well one get's a candy, one is crying that he doesn't get one and the other crying because he wants more...

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by Salis
    Yeah Seranthor, I really don't get it.
    And since it is a Tarbash, with only one stack it is fairly useless in DLSH.
    Ever did tricuts? You actually need 4 stacks to be somewhat swift in the making of them.
    Salis, SIR, I've done more than my fair share of tricuts. I've been a 100 DLSH since mid January 06. I know very well the pain involved with doing tricuts. As far as 'road' bonus you'd get it if you were actually ON the road, try it SIR, I think you'd find that fact true. And as previous posters have mentioned straight line flight more than makes up for the lack of road bonus

All you people just don't get it do you.
    I'm not the one asking for a speed upgrade.
    All I was pointing out. That for a fly disk it is better suited as a walking disk.
    Again: if you would look at normal flight versus walking speed.
    You will see that base flight is 75. Base run: 50.
    Thus as you fly you always get a 'road'bonus added. + 25.
    Not counting other benefits as being able to go cross country in a straight line.
    Now if you take a look at a normal disk.
    If it was speed 25. You get another +25 when on the road.
    If you take the flying disk a logical conclusion in comparison with walking without a disk, you would assume that a flight speed cap for a cargo disk would get the road bonus added at all times.
    However the developers have changed the rules. And instead of making a cargo disk walk: 25 , fly +25: meaning 50.
    They only added +7: resulting in 32. So here they don't give a permanent road bonus. And actually making this disk better at running if you are able to follow the road: 50, than flying at 32.

Do you all get it now? I simply made an observation. I was not asking in any way to have it at 50. All I'm saying that if the normal rules where applied it should have been 50. Which it isn't. So don't go complaining about this flying disk. You are better off with normal non flying deluxe disk. It only has benefits for dragons which have lairs that are reachable only by flight. In comparison with normal flight this disk is more of a handicap than a help.
    Oh and about the statement of well they can fly over mobs with that disk.
    We already could do it without a disk, so the disk doesn't change the rules, all it does is make it possible to transport more by air. You could have just aswell parked your disk somewhere, and fly a couple of times over. And since dragons have a large inventory, in comparison to the bulk of the disk. It will even out in transport times.
    It is only a matter of choice. Transfer a lot at once, or do more inventory only runs.
    This disk won't make dragons all of a sudden so much better at transporting stuff. You can only transport more by flight at a much slower speed.

Salis

Genius SIR,

I again state I dont have a problem with the flying disk, my issue is with the speed. Get it?

No I don't.
    You want it capped at 50 fly speed than?

Absolutely NOT Sir. Fly speed should match the ground speed. That Sir is my entire point.

OK. Maybe we should take it from this angle.
    Maybe we should remove the road bonus. Since a flying disk is slower in the air than used on the road. That is not normal. Every bird I can think of is quicker in flight than on the ground. So a flying disk should at all times be quicker than a disk on the ground.
    Be glad the cap is at 32 and not 50.
    Seranthor, I cannot help it if you use disk the wrong way.
    A tarbash is meant for transporting goods, and transport goes by road. On the road. So you get a ROAD bonus for it.
    If you go around prancing in the wildnerniss with a Tarbash, you should take a look at all the other disk that are in the game. Maybe a compact Tarbash is of better use if you are so concerned with speed.

Base flight speed is 1.5 times base run walking speed. Or if you look at it as the road bonus added at all times +25.
    If cap on ground speed is 25. In 1.5 mode, flight speed should be capped at 37.5 or if road bonus applied 50.
    It is only 32. So it is less than what it really should be. Be glad, stop complaining. The disk is slower in the air, than on the ground, unless ofcourse you use it the wrong way. But that is your problem. Not mine.

Thread Information