Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Soundblaster Drivers or Horizons

With as many BIG games as possible, that is... I don't think they give a flying obscenity about Horizons.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

xeorcia

Well yesturday after the big patch , i reactivated my X-fi driver to see and guess what i log on to horizons in less than minute time and lag free , so thanks Horizons for fixing this whatever it was am just happy to play with sound now

A happy player

xeorcia

I take back what i said , X-fi driver not resolve tonite i cant log into with driver activated .... Grrrrr..... i quit

have fun

I just sent them my logs and dxdiag for the second time. This has been going on over a month now for me. I think they don't have the faintest idea yet on what it could be.
    Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
    Pinky: You have no idea.

Creative is well known for buggy drivers and for dragging their feet at fixing them.

But interestingly, the system I have with an Audigy 2 ZS isnt having these problem, but then again, I don't remember the last time I updated those drivers.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Well, if you have an Audigy 2ZS, you can log in with the new drivers. The problem is that you have to have the patience of an angel. Let the application time out and give you an error message. Once you get the error message, it may take up to 30 minutes to get that message, you can then relaunch without rebooting. You may or may not get an error message this time, but if you do, it usually takes a lot less time the second time. The third time is usually golden for me, but sometimes I make it in the second time. From then on, if I don't reboot my PC, I can continue to log in without a problem.

It still isn't fixed, and haven't heard anything on my open ticket in the last week after they forwarded everything to dev. Incident number is 82685 if a dev reading this wants to take a look at it.

Flozzie

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Flozzie
    Well, if you have an Audigy 2ZS, you can log in with the new drivers. The problem is that you have to have the patience of an angel. Let the application time out and give you an error message. Once you get the error message, it may take up to 30 minutes to get that message, you can then relaunch without rebooting. You may or may not get an error message this time, but if you do, it usually takes a lot less time the second time. The third time is usually golden for me, but sometimes I make it in the second time. From then on, if I don't reboot my PC, I can continue to log in without a problem.

It still isn't fixed, and haven't heard anything on my open ticket in the last week after they forwarded everything to dev. Incident number is 82685 if a dev reading this wants to take a look at it.

Flozzie
    Flozzie,

If the fix is "in progress" you won't get an update as there's nothing to update. Even if the progress takes 6 weeks. We have nothing to tell you.

We are just as frustrated with the Creative issues as you - doubly so. It affects a great many of our players and we'd like them all to get past this problem.

Just rehooked up my PC that has my audigy2 card in it and disabled the card and reenabled the Realtec sound card ( integrated on mobo ). Works wonderfully, can play HZ and everything with no issues. So... Id have to say that SB has a Crappy Driver that they need to fix. Perhaps Ill have to go to SB cust support and see if they will discuss driver issues with me... =-)
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide
    Just rehooked up my PC that has my audigy2 card in it and disabled the card and reenabled the Realtec sound card ( integrated on mobo ). Works wonderfully, can play HZ and everything with no issues. So... Id have to say that SB has a Crappy Driver that they need to fix. Perhaps Ill have to go to SB cust support and see if they will discuss driver issues with me... =-)
    Please!

You and your friends and neighbors and thier cousins and their cousins' cousins and their dogs...

xeorcia

Anyone else not able to log on Error ID#57 ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelea
    Please!

You and your friends and neighbors and thier cousins and their cousins' cousins and their dogs...
    Apparently the Audigy2 card I have was designed and built soley for Dell. SB doesnt support it at all, so Dell would have to be the one to either fix the drivers themselves, or pay SB to fix them for them. I dont see either one of them happening in the near future.

Default Sound Blaster

I run a soundblaster pci 128 card and had no sound for a number of weeks.
    My fix ( which may not work for all soundblasters ) was to mute the line in.
    I now have sound ingame again.
    Hope this works for you

Flozzie,

If the fix is "in progress" you won't get an update as there's nothing to update. Even if the progress takes 6 weeks. We have nothing to tell you.

We are just as frustrated with the Creative issues as you - doubly so. It affects a great many of our players and we'd like them all to get past this problem.
    I understand, but lack of communication may very well mean, you just aren't working on it. Afterall, I have an open ticket from February 23rd about a macro issue that I recreated and submitted logs. I got a response that it has been sent to the live team back in March. I still haven't seen or heard anything about it, and the problem is still there.

Besides, this particular issue was submitted by me back in March of this year and Tulga did credit my account for two months while we determined it was the new Audigy2 ZS drivers. However, now that I need to use the new drivers and don't have another sound option, it would be nice to have some sort of periodic update on the status of this problem.

the x-fi cards have the same problem and there are no older drivers to use.

I fear the same thing that this will drop by the wayside with so much else on their plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide
    Apparently the Audigy2 card I have was designed and built soley for Dell. SB doesnt support it at all, so Dell would have to be the one to either fix the drivers themselves, or pay SB to fix them for them. I dont see either one of them happening in the near future.
    ARGH.

And no on-board sound?

ARGH.
    Actually.. the card I took outta the Dell I used to use when I build my new system that has an onboard sound card.. so not a total loss.. but woulda been nice to not have to turn off the sound for network games and back on for some of those other nice surround sound standalone games like Morrowind....

My X-Fi works with driver version 5.12.2.1143 (as listed in the control panel)

now if i could just find that older driver i'd try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx
    My X-Fi works with driver version 5.12.2.1143 (as listed in the control panel)
    I think that # is the version number of your control panel, not the version number for your drivers, but I could be wrong.

The two x-fi drivers on creative labs web site now are:
    2.07.0004 and 2.09.0001

I'd have to dig out the install CD to see what version number is on there.

Ok, I did, and at least for the file ctaud2k.sys, here's the file info:
    Creative WDM Audio Device Driver
    5.12.01.1143-2.07.0240

Another file: ctmmfilt.sys has this info:
    Creative WDM Audio Driver

Which version x-fi do you have and where did you install those drivers from?

I have the xtreme-music version and have no luck with any drivers. The latest, the ones on my CD, or the older version on the web site.

I have an Audigy 2 ZS - I haven't had any issues with the game and sound since they fixed the gathering sounds some time back. I use the 5.12.6.402 drivers from 7/10/2003. I have great sound.

I do wonder if some of these issues stem from that gathering sound fix from about 3 months back or so.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

I had my issues before the gathering sound fix... in fact it was back in mid 2005 when I reinstalled Windows and got the new SB drivers from the web... Never was able to play with the card enabled... well. I once was actually able to login for about 2 minutes before it came crashin down...

Thread Information