Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Specific Tech Application to Spell Bugs

with blight all the spells conflict with eachother so badly the techs are a moot point but there are many other spell lines with this problem
    :edit: and thanks for that advice i'll give that a try next time i go make a batch of spells
    Rother Galant-Order
    If a dragon was hiding under a rock would you be the one to tell him he's not fooling anyone?

Default Hello Folks

Please, make sure you all read the board guidelines. Staying on topic is the most important aspect of posting, and recognizing that insults will not be tolerated is just as important.

Thank you

One more buged tech. Fortify. I can use it on armor enhance even if tech and spell effect conflict with each other.

Droth, Sir, I'm reasonably certain that YOU sir, have failed miserably to realize that the question I asked him was not something nitpicking but it went to the entire heart of his original complaint, Asking him to communicate that specifically is NOT nitpicking. Rather than answer that direct question about his claim he chose to attack me. Then instead he chose to cower and flee.

I am glad that YOU finally realize that I am NOT a fanboi, I point out the flaws in the logic that many of you and your ilk like to claim as fact. I am still waiting for you to identify these 'attacks' that you claim I'm launching on folks. As I'm certain that IF I were to break any of the forum rules as egregiously as you want to insinuate that the moderators would act. Because you see young one I've been to this dance before.

As far as your most recent post about spells, there is nothing 'random' about it, Certain spells dont stack, doesn't make them broken, makes them not stack SIR, that is all. Your inability to understand the spell hiararchy of what stacks and what doesn't stack, what techs are best suited for each spell or spell use doesn't not even remotely qualify as 'broken'. A Soul Shield III that overwrites a Soul Shield V would qualify as broken. Spells that lower the same stat that dont stack are NOT broken. For the inexperienced folks that you appear to be among your education will eventually come with time, because most certainly your not willing to learn it from your elders.

Additionally, Sir, my unwillingness to discuss these things with you in PM does not negate their validity not does it make your claims any more superior than anyone elses. Further knowledge for you Sir, You are not always right, there are many players that have vastly greater amounts of knowledge and experience about HZ than you presently possess.

Tell me more of these pies Sir, I like pie.
    Last edited by Seranthor; June 27th, 2006 at 05:23 PM.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Seranthor. as your former combatant has retreated i now challange you on what my post contain and the topic in general. the topic being some spells and techs dont stack.

1."I am glad that YOU finally realize that I am NOT a fanboi"

i never said you were. I would be the one that has placed you under the "cranky people" label. i belive you have gotten me confused with the original poster.

2."I am still waiting for you to identify these 'attacks' that you claim I'm launching on folks'

If you would like me to search through all your 1,400 post and pm you the many that fall under this label i'd be glad to but that would fog this thread up terribly and that's not something i do

3.'As far as your most recent post about spells, there is nothing 'random' about it, Certain spells dont stack, doesn't make them broken, makes them not stack SIR, that is all. Your inability to understand the spell hiararchy of what stacks and what doesn't stack, what techs are best suited for each spell or spell use doesn't not even remotely qualify as 'broken'. A Soul Shield III that overwrites a Soul Shield V would qualify as broken. Spells that lower the same stat that dont stack are NOT broken"

a.stronger abilities overwriting a weaker ones i have no problem with.

b.some spells and techs not stacking i have no problem with ("now some things like both dot lifetaps not stacking when cast by the same player sure whatever i have an aoe lifetap so i dont really care").

c.if it's not broken and spells that lower the same stat DO NOT STACK then why does lessen strength stack with malody but lessen dex doesnt? no matter which way you presume this was ment to work it's still broken.

4."Additionally, Sir, my unwillingness to discuss these things with you in PM does not negate their validity not does it make your claims any more superior than anyone elses. Further knowledge for you Sir, You are not always right, there are many players that have vastly greater amounts of knowledge and experience about HZ than you presently possess."

a.I never said your refusal to stop bashing people and thier post in the said post and use pms instead made my points any more or less valid. i said they hijack threads and fog up the idea and topic of the post.

b.I know i'm not always right and that there are others that have been here longer but unless you prove me wrong in my post and counter post i am still just as right as people that have been here for 3 years.
    also i am not new to this game to this genre or for that matter to the world. i lived here before(though it was long ago) and then as now i have a tendancy to pick the game mechanics and features apart as i enjoy to tinker with things and think far to much(or so i'm told.). I am a very quick study

just to stress one area of this post once more so it cannot be dodged now that you are proven wrong "use doesn't not even remotely qualify as 'broken'. A Soul Shield III that overwrites a Soul Shield V would qualify as broken.Spells that lower the same stat that dont stack are NOT broken"
    if they arent broken in short why is it some randomly stack and some dont?

and there seranthor you have yet another fine pie
    Last edited by Droth; June 27th, 2006 at 06:36 PM.
    Rother Galant-Order
    If a dragon was hiding under a rock would you be the one to tell him he's not fooling anyone?

Droth Sir,

1. I'm clearly aware that my previous opponent has fled and that you are going to vainly attempt to defend both him and yourself. Curmudgeon is what many have laid at my feet.

2. Please Do Sir, however dont bother with the PMs I'd like the world to see what YOU consider attacks. Scroll back this time last year as thats when the Mods started policing me extremely closely. And by all means start a new thread in Rants with it and let others weigh in on their opinions of your thoughts as well.

3. You may have a claim that the stacking of Lessen Dex and Malady conflict, you'll have to take that up with TG.

4. Precisely how am I 'bashing' folks, that would imply I say what I say with an intent to inflict pain or injury someone, is that what your implying Sir? If that is, in fact, what your implying then aren't you in fact trying to 'bash' me as well? Further piece of knowledge for you, speaking against someone's suggestion, pointing out their flawed logic, offering valid counter-points are NOT hijacking threads. IF in fact I was malicously trying to hijack threads I'd be in hock with the moderators, as its also against the rules, you know, those things that you most likely have failed to read and/or comprehend.

Now Sir, please go back and read the title of the thread it says 'Specific Tech Application to Spell Bugs' it has NOTHING, read it again, NOTHING to do with spell conflicts. So again, SIR, you missed the boat and are still standing on the pier.

Now about that pie, SIR.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

1.you have the defend part right atleast

2.i do enjoy ranting

4.sure you dont bash people what was i thinking must be the water

3. and to the rest of the post

"You may have a claim that the stacking of Lessen Dex and Malady conflict, you'll have to take that up with TG."
    "the title of the thread it says 'Specific Tech Application to Spell Bugs"

1."Spells that lower the same stat that dont stack are NOT broken"
    you opend the box to bickering about my statement and once again now that you have lost the battle try to squirm out of it instead of admitting you are bested
    2.while the topic is "about" techs spacifically spells that have the same problems are closly releated. and as i stated if the blight spells(which is what i'm most familure with thus why i chose them) wont even stack with themselves it is moot to discuss the techs that conflict as all of the blight line conflicts terribly. if you will notice i listed everything i knew of that had such conflicts(techs and otherwise) only to lay out the "facts" you so criticize people for not posting. i'm sorry if my posting of usefull information has offended you but that was the raw readout from a notepad i have been working on to map out such conflicts to save many a new player many wasted tokens and hours of work and dps(something i'm sure would be beneath you). you ask for cold hard facts then when they are presented you criticize for them being to plentifull and use that as an excuse to escape admitting you are wrong about this statement "Spells that lower the same stat that dont stack are NOT broken" wiggle as you may you are still as wrong now as you were before you tried to snake your way out of it. i'm not honestly sure if the blight spells are supposed to stack at all or not at this point as they tend to flop back and forth quite often but the point still remains that some blight spells stack where logicall they shouldnt or visa versa depending on how they are suposed to work thus they are very much broken one way or another.
    Last edited by Droth; June 27th, 2006 at 08:04 PM.
    Rother Galant-Order

Spell techs are NOT spells Sir. I grant there are some spell conflicts, however, that SIR, was NOT what the young lad was ranting about, he was specific in complaining about TECHS.

Please, go back and read his posts. I know there are some spell issues, however, I was very SPECIFIC in asking HIM to point out the broken SPELL TECHS, and he like you, have failed.

Your trying to hijack his thread and turn it into SPELL CONFLICTS. That Sir, does not make you the 'winner'. It makes your entire arguement moot because I have always said there were spells that conflicted. So I agreed with you, Now SIR. Please show me the broken spell TECHS. not spells, genius.

Now about that pie, I'll take a lemon creme one please. FedEx would have it here in the morning. I'll be waiting.

from my original post(only the tech parts just to make it simple for you and a few i have noticed since then just from the blight line)..also yes there was some stuff about conflicting spells in the notepad i tossed them in there because it was usefull but i wasnt the one that attacked and started arguing about them. but since you now agree with me i'll now move back to techs."blight poison doesnt stack with malody or most other dots" bane doesnt stack, burning damage doesnt stack with engulf immolate or any other fire dots(havent tried mixing it with dots from other schools),whichever the tech was that lowerd the fire resistance doesnt stack with sear and the likes. now what happens when seperate people try to get any of this to work together i'm not sure of as it's been a while since i was using fire but that's just what i remember. and the dev didnt say that the hots shouldnt be affected by the techs he said it would mess everything up so therefore it doesnt work. in general i'd suggest just putting techs on spells you know arent going to conflict(+dmg acc or range in some cases) because if you put anyting else on there it's either not going to work or it's going to conflict with something. now call me crazy but to me this sounds a bit broken...but maybe most of the techs and spells you can put them on were ment not to work together *shrug*( i cant see how this would make sense or why you would do this but i'm not all knowing)
    :edit: it just seems strange that if they were inteded to "work" that way it makes almost all the techs useless. nothing but acc dmg and range will work with anything so why bother putting in all the rest? were they ment to be useless?
    Last edited by Droth; June 27th, 2006 at 08:33 PM.
    Rother Galant-Order

You threw in Spell conflicts to attempt to obscure the thread intent for your own purposes, one of which appears to have been to try and bolster your arguements. With regard to spell techs, you've finally learned what this thread was about, Spell Techs, something certain others failed miserably to learn. Lets talk about Spell techs.

Why should Burning damage (a flame dot), be applicable to any other spells other than flame spells? Why should it be applicable to other Flame Dots?
    Why should Blight poison (a blight dot), be applicable to other Blight line Dots?
    Why should techs that lower resistance stack on spells that do the same thing?

Are you starting to see the pattern, if the spell tech does it then the spell shouldn't, in most cases, if the spell does it then the tech shouldn't, again in most cases. The only apparent exceptions to the above is spell techs designed specifically to stack like Spirit Damage increases damage on Spirit spells, and things like Heal Increase stacks on Heals.

"You threw in Spell conflicts to attempt to obscure the thread intent for your own purposes"
    i threw them in there because it was part of the notepad i'm working on that deals with conflicts..and have now made a post with only the techs, once again to apease your knit picking.
    Rother Galant-Order

Quote Originally Posted by Droth
    "You threw in Spell conflicts to attempt to obscure the thread intent for your own purposes"
    i threw them in there because it was part of the notepad i'm working on that deals with conflicts..and have now made a post with only the techs, once again to apease your knit picking.
    Thank you kind sir, I know how freakin hard it remains to keep your posts on topic and not hijack thread, although your fond of trying to claim I'm the one who wants to jack the thread. Should you want to continue to try and keep me on topic then I'll be more than willing to assist you as well.

...good lord man the whole reason this got off topic was because you randomly decided to pick a fight over one of the unreleated tidbits that happend to be in the midst of my post adding the "facts" that you were harking over the op not putting in there. i put in a post about spell techs that dont play nicely together and there were a few things about spells that didint work together as well and you said and i quote "Certain spells dont stack, doesn't make them broken, makes them not stack SIR, that is all. Your inability to understand the spell hiararchy of what stacks and what doesn't stack, what techs are best suited for each spell or spell use doesn't not even remotely qualify as 'broken'. A Soul Shield III that overwrites a Soul Shield V would qualify as broken. Spells that lower the same stat that dont stack are NOT broken"
    thus starting the whole slighty off topic exchange of words. and yet somehow i'm the one that broght this off topic? you picked a fight and this time instead of just letting you sit there with a smug smile on your face i took you to task defeated you and then you promptly start raving about how i hijacked the thread and brought it ot? i told you from now on if you wish to knit pick and try and start fights i'll be there, even if once again it's an attack not releated to the topic. weather it be techs spells grammar or olden weaponry you've gone off raving about i'll be there.
    and on further note "You threw in Spell conflicts to attempt to obscure the thread intent for your own purposes, one of which appears to have been to try and bolster your arguements"
    ah yes i must of just thrown that in there to make sure in won the arguement i wasnt then having? good god man i'm so smart i can see into the future to prepare for arguements i'm not having! i must get an mri to make sure it's not cancer or something
    Rother Galant-Order

Btw, For the record if you want to follow me around like a pet does that mean I have to feed, brush and bath you?

And Where's my pie?

i think i've served up enough yummy pies for one day my arms are tired and my mind a bit numb after all of that, and no i have plenty of pies to keep myself well fed
    Last edited by Droth; June 27th, 2006 at 11:20 PM.
    Rother Galant-Order

Quote Originally Posted by Droth
    Seranthor. as your former combatant has retreated i now challange you on what my post contain and the topic in general. the topic being some spells and techs dont stack.

1."I am glad that YOU finally realize that I am NOT a fanboi"

i never said you were. I would be the one that has placed you under the "cranky people" label. i belive you have gotten me confused with the original poster.
    I've not retreated, just would rather stick to the basics of bug reporting. But since I see there is some public slander of me going on, I'll make sure what I meant is clear.

Fanboy(i)

Blind defense of a broken mechanic (a tech which has no effect when applied and description to the contrary).

---

Thanks to the others who've contacted me directly about bugged behavior. Apparently this was the tip of the iceberg to many other inoperative spell techs as well as some odd and inconsistent spell behavior. I'm going to try and compile more data and I'll start a new thread for those interested in bug hunting.

Retreat, Cut and Run, Cower and Flee... I dont care what you call it sir, you did exactly that. You refused to answer a direct question about your contention and rather than answer it you attacked someone about it then you immediately decided to place them on ignore... thats surrender as I see it.

Upon reviewing the link to the definition which you so politely provided I find NO definition which matches the one you claim, please Sir, if your going to link something then lie about whats there please, for your own self-respect dont do it here or where someone will catch it and call you out on it.

Have a nice day sir.
    Last edited by Seranthor; June 28th, 2006 at 03:01 AM.

Thread Information