Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mounting

Default mounting

can the naka-duskael mount us?
    I am Senar Nogard, on Chaos Shard and is a level 12 Dragon check me out!

I am looking for an adult dragon to take me under thier wing for a bit on Istaria, if you are interested, pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi-Dragon
    can the naka-duskael mount us?
    Good grief, who would dare such a thing? Even if a dragon (a helian presumably) agreed to carry a biped to a place it couldn't reach any other way (which would be very convenient, I admit to that) I am firmly against such an idea.

Not that I wouldn't trust the dragon -- I just think it looks somehow undignified. Well -- maybe some sort of basket that a dragon might carry in his claws, that we could agree on. But never a saddle-like contraption -- a dragon is not a mount. And thats that.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

It is on the pony list to be done. So some year it will happen. Just not very high priority currently.

Also a lunus would give a ride to one of thier "slaves" if the need was great. But that is just my view.

Whenever threads like this surface I like to put in my two coppers that dragon riding is a great idea and I hope they put it in. If you don't want to give a biped a ride nobody is going to force you, but there are many who would take part.

Ka-ching. 2 coppers.

Attach the flying cargo disc and a naka, and we might as well open up Dragon Airlines alongside Dragon express. That's cool because if we know the naka really wants to get somewhere fast, say a great vacation spot, we can instantly up the ticket price. Dynamic pricing, what a wonderful idea......

I just want the ability to drop the naka off at will, say by doing a roll. Of course that could be exploited.... hehehehehe
    This page intentionally left blank.

DB did say to me that when it does get implemented... the dragon can actively choose to dismount any player from his/her back even in flight...

So if they don't behave... you just fly over the staging grounds and drop them off in the middle (assuming there is no falling damage yet to kill you first)

or... over a nice deep part of the ocean.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

[quote=Justa Mirage] the dragon can actively choose to dismount any player from his/her back even in flight...quote]

That will go the same way of vertical Lair shafts I do belive. Of course as there is now falling damage it may not cause as many problems. But if your going to dump someone your going to dump them over an ocean or a force of the WA.

personaly, I dont think it would be a bad idea where you can ride on a dragon, and you have power to drop them off anywhere

But see im sure most nakas wont trust ever dragon to carry them because if it was someone that bothered me in any way, I would drop them in the water or something just to get a kick out of it

and oh yeah, I brought up this topic because I seen it in someones sig

I am looking for an adult dragon to take me under thier wing for a bit on Istaria, if you are interested, pm me

I would carry hatchlings and only hatchlings.

... by the scruff of the neck.
    Last edited by Vidken; June 28th, 2006 at 03:58 AM.

I think it would be cool to carry bipeds
    But, of course, they need to obey my rules while riding on my back.. if they get too annoying.. then, I hope you like to swim in a deep, cold sea. But, of course you can't. hehhee.
    Last edited by Salama; June 28th, 2006 at 08:40 PM.

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind Naka Duskael riding on my back as Ultharisk. I mean in character wise Ultharisk, even though a Lunus, likes them alot, and most of them time runs around as one..

Disgrace to the Lunus, probably so, does he care, not really.

But it be interesting, diffently. I mean if you could give rides, it make it easier to get naka duskael to pay you some money or something, you give them a swift lift to where ever, and look, money!
    ka-ching!

Or, if you have friends that are the little guys and they helped you with Lair building but they can't get to your island(like Ultharisk's is on Aedan), you can give them a lift over. ^^

aaah, little ones packed to the brim with lair components riding me is ok

i to consider myself a lunus, but would not be put off by the idea of letting a naka ride me under the right circumstances. a random person i dont know, however, would have a hard time convincing me.
    This page intentionally left blank.

I would not mind somebody riding my dragon Segorian_bounty. He may be a lunas, but does not dislike bipeds. *Wonders if chocolate gnomes will be put in with the confec revamp*
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Tagath and I are expecting it, as dragon and rider. I can guarantee he wouldn't drop me.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

yes that is why you ride duskael's you trust

I will just jump on the dragon and look for the money slot and yell at the top of my lungs:

MoMMYyyyyy do you have a qwarter! I wanna wide the dwagon!
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Dravatar

Personally, having some "Dragon Riders" in the game would be good, I think. There is a lot of fiction precedant behind it and just because a dragon is used as a mount is not an indication of subserviance, by any means.

The books "Eragon" and "Eldest" tell the story of such. The rider Eragon and the dragon Sapphire are equals in their partnership. Each has qualities the other does not. Each respects the other. Each realizes that they must do things to help the other. There are many parallels to the game and the plot of that trilogy. "Eragon" will become a motion picture soon.

I would love to help some-one get somewhere faster, I think it would be cool,
    there have been many times it would speed things up

I see no problem in it. btw Eragon is going to be an Xbox 360 game too where you can play as Eragon or the dragon hehe.

Obviously it would be a roleplay thing mainly. Some people don't rp and want money, so they'd give rides to anyone. Others who 'hate' bipeds wouldn't let anyone ride, and some, like me, would only offer rides to the most trusted personal friends. Mainly it would probably be guild slaves, since they're useful and of course trusted (otherwise their masters will eat them )

Thread Information