Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: mounting

Default Re: mounting

Quote Originally Posted by Melanth View Post
    A possible reason for our dodgy hovering position? :P I hope it is included though, it would go a long way towards easing tension between bipeds and dragons
    You got it, the biped would fall of if we dont hoover in the lair like we do.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    You got it, the biped would fall of if we dont hover in the air like we do.
    Would take a very skilled dragon (or alot of practice) if the biped falls off in that animation. That sounds like it could be fun to master! (I'd need a new dragon for that)

-The dragon would have to have enough "take off" room to keep from going straight up and losing the rider
    -no going backwards
    -same landing procedure in regards to keping level

*laughs* I can see it now:
    -Dragon equips cargo disk so his movements are slowed and can takeoff without fear of not being able to keep moving forward
    -once in the air, auto run botton is hit and disk can be un-equipped
    Thus starts the invasion of Drakul *falls over*

Any Drakan, the Ancients Gate fans here? Arokh's mounting animation would be cool to see in game :P
    Melanath- level 100 ADV/ 60 DCRA -
    Shas Mackard- Saris Berserker/Outfitter et al

For Lunus, for Dralk! Death before Dishonour!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanth View Post
    Any Drakan, the Ancients Gate fans here? Arokh's mounting animation would be cool to see in game :P
    Still love Drakan - Order of the Flame ( i play it sometimes, even I as throught the game more than 10 times), also love Drakan - The Ancients Gates on my PS2.. hmm I shuld starting to play it again from start to end =P

Sorry for OT but that also explains my surename *snickers*

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Drakan:TAG is one of the best games I've ever played when referencing controls and smooth animations while doing so. Not always easy controlling two characters at once but that game did it flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Still love Drakan - Order of the Flame ( i play it sometimes, even I as throught the game more than 10 times), also love Drakan - The Ancients Gates on my PS2.. hmm I shuld starting to play it again from start to end =P

Sorry for OT but that also explains my surename *snickers*

Ever wondered why my name ends with something like "-arokh?

And why it starts with the same name of the cutest (2 yards long!) poseable dragon sold? (Name: Vahstor)
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

think it would be nice for adult draggies 2 carry hatchlings

I like the idea of transporting bait, eh i mean bipeds, but i think a disk style approach would be easier to implement than a saddle. It would establish mechanisms that could be used late for further transport devices (boats, powered land vehicles, flying machines)

Transport vessel outline:
    A transport vessel (disk, rideable animal)
    - owned by a character
    - has max capacity (could spare capacity be used for a stack?)

How to control
    - use existing disk slot and controls

Who to let in/on (special 'vessel' group that is led by the owner)
    [impl detail: could they use modified chat group]
    - owner is the only leader to prevent hijackings
    - riders accept invitation to ride
    - rider leave group to stop riding
    - owner kicks misbehaving rider(s)

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

I like the transport vessel idea. And when some group hunting comes up, we can help any bipeds we've got with us go places instead of having them go on foot. It would be nice to have everyone get there at the same time (of course if there's enough transport available). Plus I think Ly would very much like to take her daughter places.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

I love this idea, both the ridable animals and the dragons carrying peds/hatchlings, but to be brutally honest it would be very hard if not impossible to work with the game mechanics. Although the idea is supposedly on the 'pony list' it seems that it is either dead and buried or at best will be a very long time in coming. Can any Devs give confirm one way or the other?
    Melanath- level 100 ADV/ 60 DCRA -
    Shas Mackard- Saris Berserker/Outfitter et al

For Lunus, for Dralk! Death before Dishonour!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i am no god, but the only way i can see it working is with a flying cargo disk kinda thing, with current game mechanics being what they are.

a multi bulk with a weight limit, like a normal flying disk - just allow alts to be considered cargo......

i also do not think rideable critters/alts is feasible with the current game mechanics.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I have thought about it and have a list of what I suspect would need to change.

To allow passenger disks (avatars being carried):
    add new state to avatars (riding)
    - this is a seated position with root-like attributes [no movement but allows rotation]
    - avatar would accept position updates from the server
    add new disk (single or multi seated)
    new group method (think invite-only chat channel with one moderator) that is bound to the disk - i.e. the Passenger List

To allow riding animals and other avatar controlled transportation (e.g. boats):
    Modify the riding state to be a "driving" state
    - avatar is seated and all position/rotation instructions are peformed on the transport

Procedure for transporting:
    Transporter equips the transport vehicle:
    - transporter is automatically the moderator of the vehicles passenger list
    The transporter invites other(s) to ride.
    The passenger accepts the invitation:
    - passenger avatar becomes seated in the vehicle
    - passenger name appears on the passenger list
    Passenger ends riding by leaving the passenger list
    Transporter can remove a rider by removing a passenger from the list

Restrictions:
    Passengers can not have equiped disks/vehicles
    Passengers become limited in actions (like a dragon in flight)
    Passengers have to be within a certain distance of the vehicle to ride

Implementation Decisions:
    Do vehicles need to just examine passenger count or also examine bulk?
    - only count the carrying bulk [ignore race and armor differences]
    Do vehicles need to consume something? [cells, food, azulyte]

Red face Re: mounting

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I would think they would be carried in claw or on the back. Dragons don't exatly have a soft piece of extra skins like mammals for that purpose... That and umm.. lots of teeth.
    .... I hope you meant Marsupials (kangaroo, opossum, koala, sugar glider, etc) because I really don't want to think about what this would mean otherwise.

Lol yes, I meant marsupials. Ran out of edit time on that one, but no one had noticed so I didn't say anything

I think mounting would be a great idea and it would add something new that dragons can do for bipeds--"Oi, human, you gimme food and I'll fly you over that level 19378943387309 blighted mob there!" XDDD

Carrying hatchlings would be neat too :P Would be a great help during their own rites and such. Only thing is, having been flown on an adult, would it take away some of the specialness of being able to fly yourself? :/

Couldn't it work similar to the follow command; say it plays an animation of getting on the dragon, then it's kinda like the follow command but closer? XD I dunno. Not a clue how games work.

(Oh and by the way, I adore Drakan too! I have Drakan: The Ancient's Gates for my PS2 and Arohk is pure <33333 )

Thread Information