Thread: Player Run Event: Footrace

Default Player Run Event: Footrace

Hello everyone,

I've been able to gather all the needed prizes for this event and I am beginning to put it into motion. However, it may not go through if i can not get some players to help with the event. I need atleast five others (who do not loose connection often) to help monitor the runners. If you would like to help with this please let me know, preferably in game... My characters are Dranslin and Gegis and I log in at varying times. I would like to hold the event in the evening of June 10th or 17th. (There may be some unseen difficulties because the dates are either right after i get out of school for the year, or it is just before my birthday... 16th, no doubt 'they' are planning something big.) I will most likely have the event run 5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern.

Rules and Warnings:
    1. you may use armor that is teched but no Gangalf's boots, quickstep potions. I ask that you please do not use speed spells either. No using any other abilities that boost speed. (passive abilities will be taken into consideration, but I ask that you find a work around if possible)

2. You may use the sprint ability, mainly because the course runs through some monster populated areas. (Lesser Aridoth monsters, Maple Treants, Arbetous, as well as Shadow Spiders) I would like to request help from players to try and keep the areas under control. Also NO Saris Sprint. I believe this ability gives an unfair advantage to certain players. If there is suspicion that you are using any potions, spells, abilities (other than ones to protect yourself) you may be disqualified. My apologies but i want to keep this as fair as possible.

3. I have Teir set prizes, do not worry about having to compete with others out of your league. Adventure level will be checked as well as crafting level, (since both offer advantages) please stay in your teir.

I believe that is mostly it, if therer comes any other rules/problems i will post them.

Prizes: Prizes are avaliable for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each teir. Dragon and Biped prizes are seprate. If possible I will try and include a consalation prize, but it may require donations...

Teir 1 Biped: 1st: 100s 2nd: 50s 3rd: 25s
    Teir 1 Dragon: 1st: 100s and 250,000 hoard 2nd: 50s and 100,000 hoard 3rd: 25s and 50,000 hoard

Teir 2 Biped: 1st: 200s 2nd: 100s 3rd: 50s
    Tier 2 Dragon: 1st: 200s and 375,000 hoard 2nd: 100s and 200,000 hoard 3rd: 50s and 75,000 hoard

Teir 3 Biped: 1st: 300s 2nd: 150s 3rd: 75s
    Teir 3 Dragon: 1st: 300s and 500,000 hoard 2nd: 150s and 300,000 hoard 3rd: 75s and 100,000 hoard

Teir 4 Biped: 1st: 400s 2nd: 200s 3rd: 100s
    Teir 4 Dragon: 1st: 400s and 750,000 hoard 2nd: 200s and 400,000 hoard 3rd: 100s and 125,000 hoard

Teir 5 Biped: 1st: 500s 2nd: 250s 3rd: 125s
    Teir 5 Dragon: 1st: 500s and 1,000,000 hoard 2nd: 250s and 500,000 hoard 3rd: 125s and 150,000 hoard

Gegis, Dranslin, Anvault, Kanmiel (Order)

Ophelea

Have you placed this in the Calendar?

I have not.

Awwwww -- the 10th?! I won't be home! BUT, if it gets pushed back, how about the 17th??? Then I would be most happy to assist in helping this footrace to happen I was so looking forward to this get together . . . .

I. Percival Dragon
    Proud Guild Master of the Elder Spirits
    Assistant Editor of the Shard Herald of Order

*nodds* i've decided to move it back, my mind is still locked up from finals and by then I should have some time to relax and unwind *grins* So it will be on the 17th (I may be close to cut getting here on time though due to the birthday party my family will most likely have for me c.c) I'll notify if there is any changes. Also might I say that should I get donations I'll be able to give consalation prises. Also I would like th say that I sould use more guards. *grins*

Reikh

i will try to run the race, i'm a low level......rating of 33 on my highest character. i cannot commit for certain that I can make it but I will try, and my brother may come with me

Blog Entries

Ultharisk will race, I think. Depends on what is going, if he is working on his rop or not. o.o
    Cause he will be doing this weekend.. trying to get it done in 3 days, hehe, this should be interesting.. -.0

Hehe well I hope that you all can make it Here is the map for the race, you should know that I will put people at key points in the race as checkpoints, you must greet them when you are running. This I hope will prevent people porting. (If i have enough people to help that is.)

Have you run the course? How long does it take?

yes i have run the course with Dranslin. No speed scales, no buffs, no use of sprint ability. it took me about 30 min.

Yesss! The 17th!

I will be there to help as a guard

I. Percival Dragon

Thank you everyone who participated and help guard in this event. Race results were:

1st place: Nawkia, recieved T5 1st place Dragon prize of 500s and 1 million hoard
    2nd place: Jhell, recieved T5 2nd place Dragon prize of 250s and 500,000 Hoard
    3rd place: Svayvti, recieved T1 1st place normal prize of 100s

Thumbs up

Congrats!!!!!!

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    of Azure Twilight in Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Thread Information