Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trandalar access - Remove requirements

Default Trandalar access - Remove requirements

I know this is hold and in my book not solved. I guess it goes in line with ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein
    Whether you have one or 10 subscriptions...I find it extremely frustrating and ridiculous that in order for my alts to access any of my plots...they either have to be in the same guild, or I have to use a Friends list which effectively closes off the shops/vault to other players. I have 6 alts...any one of them should be able to access any structure on any other alt's plot. This was a bigger problem when I had only 1 account, 1 subscription, 1 plot (with shops for all), but 4 alts.
    When I purchase both my plots in trandalar the level restriction did not exist. Sure I had to beg a guildies to get the items for me, but I was able to attuned and build my plots. I find rediculous that I cannot access my plot(s) with my alt because I cannot attuned to my plot area (Yes, now I can run from Acul .. but it's annoying). I made a perfect spellcrafter center, but none of the low level guildies can come visit me to get stuff made as they cannot attuned.

With the portal open to Acul, I see no reason why to have restriction to level. Actually the day you decided to have plots and the day you decided to restric access to these plot's are conflicting in action.

I stongly suggest removing the level restriction to Trandalar.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Me, I like the quests to attune to each of the Trandalar port pads. Each of my alts have done them, and I looked forward to doing them each time as it gave me one more goal to strive for with that alt. They're a LOT more fun (and rewarding) than simply running to some settlement's gatekeeper and asking for attunement.

And with free, non-restricted ports to Acul now, you no longer have to be level 40 to get to Trandalar anymore. And you don't have to make that heart-pounding run across the ice flows, dodging the Ice Golems, to get to the Valley of Repose to get the quests in the first place.

The excitement of Trandalar has already been nerfed to some extent by creating the restriction-free (not to mention coin-free) port to Acul. Sorry if it's an "annoyance" to you to actually have to run some low-level alt from there to a plot of yours, but I really don't think further "weanification" of Trandalar is either necessary or desirable.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I want to see this fixed, but an attunement to Acul added, so it is all consistant. Its different than others areas, thats nice... and you can always run from the Island of Ice portal there.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    I want to see this fixed, but an attunement to Acul added, so it is all consistant. Its different than others areas, thats nice... and you can always run from the Island of Ice portal there.
    Just don't drown

lots of holes in the ice
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I still say .. the principle of alt's need to be 40 before they can easily access my plot (pad in my settlement) is stupid.

If I have a plot and I made the requirement ounce, my alts should be credited for.

And rigth now that Acul is the only way that most my guildies can interact with me and my plot. If you are to place the Acul on the same level as the rest I'll be real pissed, specially since I establish residence before the level restriction was put in place.

So . . . if I have a dragon alt (which I do) who mastered all the difficult tasks to ascend to Ancient (which he has), if I make another dragon alt he should start off as an Ancient as well . . . ?
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    So . . . if I have a dragon alt (which I do) who mastered all the difficult tasks to ascend to Ancient (which he has), if I make another dragon alt he should start off as an Ancient as well . . . ?
    *chimes in*

Or if a dragon has a lair that can only be accessed from the air the biped alts should be able to fly up there?

I think the fact that all characters, whether alts or mains, have to grow and learn and fight their way up the level-ladder is a good feature and should be kept in game.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Many many locations have attunement requirements the ones for trandalar are simply higher then the rest I am sure that even more along the line of simited porting to specific locations will happen depending on your class/race skill. its already in game and will expand bipeds can not regardless of level attune to the dragon only settlements. its a fact of the game honestly trandalar is not a safe area for anyone below 40 they used to have different requirements and rasied them to 40 because of some of the power leveling they saw going on out there . I doubt they will lessen the requirements regardless. I am quite sure that the expansion will have Restrictions on many things to access some areas you wil have to meet specific requirements, by your logic if i had a dragon that was capable to go into the rift so could my bipeds and i do not ever see that happening
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

I love the way you guy's like to redicule legitimate query.

As I said ... for one the level 40 requirement was put in place way after peopel acquire plots on the island. And it's not fair to penalized the owner of the plot, with an after taught process.

Instead of ridiculizing the taugth process, you migth want to spend some energy into formalizing maybe a better taugth process then the one initially sujected to all for help on improvind a bad playable situation.

As a side note: Trandalar ... dangerous, it's no more dangerous then a lot of other places in the land. Their is only one dangerous area in Trandalar and that is the bligth area.

Whats wrong with wanting to keep an area of the world unique and special? I love how it is separate, it has major draw backs being a plot owner, but I love that you have to work to attune there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    I love the way you guy's like to redicule legitimate query.

As I said ... for one the level 40 requirement was put in place way after peopel acquire plots on the island. And it's not fair to penalized the owner of the plot, with an after taught process.

Instead of ridiculizing the taugth process, you migth want to spend some energy into formalizing maybe a better taugth process then the one initially sujected to all for help on improvind a bad playable situation.

As a side note: Trandalar ... dangerous, it's no more dangerous then a lot of other places in the land. Their is only one dangerous area in Trandalar and that is the bligth area.

With all due respect Sir, in my opinion and it appears the opinions of severals others, your off base. If your in favor of removing the requirements to attune to Trandalar are you also in favor of removing the requirements for accessing Drakul, Serenity, Aedan, and the Rift also? If you are not then how can you justify removing the requirements for one w/o removing at the requirements for at least some of the others?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    If you are not then how can you justify removing the requirements for one w/o removing at the requirements for at least some of the others?
    Like I mention, when we initially start purchasing plot in Trandalar (ie: Brandon shelf) their was no level 40 requirement for the attunement. Just the get resources quest.

I'm not for removing requirement on evrything, I'm just against adding requirement after the fact.

Dravatar

Change is inevitable, it is the driving force behind games such as these. Some things change in your favor, some do not. Forcing content to be fixed at entry would not allow for dynamic content.

Yes, it is annoying, but remember that this type of change is applied across the board, not just to you. Everyone on Trand has this restriction, just as all RoP quests require travel through lvl 90+ mobs, which can also be highly annoying.

You are not being singled out, by any means. We play the game, we take our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    Like I mention, when we initially start purchasing plot in Trandalar (ie: Brandon shelf) their was no level 40 requirement for the attunement. Just the get resources quest.

I'm not for removing requirement on evrything, I'm just against adding requirement after the fact.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but you had to be 40 or above to have all the cargo/bag to carry the materials needed to complete the crafting part of the quest. It was the ADVENTURE ones that had no limiting factors. TG appears to have corrected that imbalance, I'm sorry that correction does not meet with your approval.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

If the attunement thing is that much of an issue for your guild and alts, you might consider scouting around for a different plot on the mainland. You'll get 80% return on novians when you tear down your old plot and you might find someplace you like better. Yes, I know you just want the attunement changed, but this is an option.

Consider the most appropriate analogy to your suggestion, Nalrach--if my dragon alt had his lair in Drakul or Serenity, which are dragon-only accessible, should my biped alts automatically be able to port to Drakul or Serenity?

I don't think so.

Now that the spawns are fixed on trandalar ( they used to be broke, I could kill 40 to 80 golems all at once using aoe spells) and the powerleveling shouldnt be quite the same issue, perhaps the level requirement could be lowered back down to 20. 40 does seem a bit high.

I would still keep it quest based, that part is fun.

I can kinda understand the OP here.

I don't agree that we should make all areas easily accessible, however, he did buy a plot on an area that _was_ accessible for nearly everyone reasonably. Now, WHAM, TG made the area his plot is in, much harder to get to. And, eh... I dunno what you're thinking, but... its Not all that safe to walk around in Trandalar. Well, with the Lv40-50+ mobs walking around, on the road between Brandon's Shelf, and all of those areas to the West, eh. I'm not sure where Acul is, though.

But anyways, I doubt any of you would appreciate it too much, if you take the hours upon hours to build a perfect crafting plot for your alts and your lowbie guildies, and then TG comes along and says "Sorry, dude. We're making this area only accessible to Lv60+ unless you wanna spend 15-20min running from a Teleport waaaaaay over there."

I'm fairly sure you'd be upset about that too.

[Edit: A quote by Seranthor on another topic comes to mind, I think its Seranthor who said it. TG has this history of breaking things, and then introducing quick hot-fixes instead of fixing the original thing, like the Nadia thing. They put Nadia in there to fix the broken loot tables, and then later, they suddenly triple her prices... WITHOUT fixing the broken loot table. Sounds like the same thing they've done here at Trandalar: The Powerlevelling on the Golems was ridiculous, so they say "ok guys, this has to stop. We're putting a Lv40 requirement on these attunes" to hot-fix the golems. Several months later, they FINALLY fix the golems, but the requirements are still there. Instead of removing the Lv40 requirement, they go "Well, let's give them a non-attune Teleport from 300 miles away" to Hot-fix That Hot-Fix. LOL.]

--Dhalin
    Last edited by Dhalin; July 6th, 2006 at 09:27 PM.

Default Cant say I agree

By this logic, since my main is attuned to Harro, any alt I create should also be attuned there. Harro can be a very frustrating place to get to, but it can be done. Not so much.

Different alts may know nothing about one another (in the case of Roleplay...and I see you reside on Order). So why is it that the actions of one should make it possible for complete strangers to travel wherever they want? That just doesnt seem right to me somehow.

And the way I look at the requirement is more of a protection put in by the Empire kind of thing. In theory, unless you are lvl40 you shouldnt need to fight anything (or gather anything) from Trand. It is nice to fight above your level...but you can do that just as easily from the mainland as you can from Trand.

The inhabitants of Old Oaks now have level 100+ mobs literally roaming their plots.

Should the current event be cancelled because the mobs moved in after they bought their plots?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information