Thread: A quick question about Lairs and furnishings.

Question A quick question about Lairs and furnishings.

I don't know if this has been addressed already, and if so I apologize for the extra posting.

Basically, my question is this: Biped dwellings aside from dwarf tunnels or dryad trees are going to have to be completely rebuilt to support the new furnishings that are going in. Dragon Lairs as I understand it were the tech prototypes for the new housing types. Does this mean that existing lair structures will support furniture if/when such is developed for dragons? Or will we too have to rebuild sections of our lairs?

Any clarification on this would be welcome. Thank you!

I'd love to have a dev answer on this.

I suspect that they were designed with this in mind. Remember how they said they'd have to redo them so as to have portals? You know how all the lairs have to be accessed by that spiral? I suspect that's the portal for lairs. I always thought it was odd they did that, but now it starts to make sense.

I'm hopeful anyway. Imagine trying to redo a lair and maintain connectivity. You'd probably have to dismantle everything at once and redo it all at once.

But it would be really nice to have something definitive from the devs.

It's possible dragons won't be seeing a lot of furniture, although I do hope they'll at least get a hoard pile reflecting the size of their hoard which they could place. But just because I surmise they won't be seeing much funiture doesn't mean much, I don't know what the devs are planning.

wonder what furniture a dragon could have...

Perhaps crystals/bones/decorations to randomly place, or maybe a few more murals (just the skeleton one is kinda... boring ). hmm... dragon furniture is a difficult one!

*imagines oversize Ancient armchair*

Quote Originally Posted by pevil2000
    wonder what furniture a dragon could have...

Perhaps crystals/bones/decorations to randomly place, or maybe a few more murals (just the skeleton one is kinda... boring ). hmm... dragon furniture is a difficult one!

*imagines oversize Ancient armchair*
    Heh, I'm just curious if lairs would support the tech for furniture without a resdesign. I didn't ask what sort of furniture they'd put in. I'm glad I'm not someone who has to ponder that.

Although some dragon statuettes would be nice...or lava pools for lighting rooms. But that's totally off topic.

Coign

Dragon furniture:

Gnome in a litle guilded cage
    Hoard "bed"
    Lamps for lighting effects
    Placeable Crystal formations like those found in Dralk (In the crafting dome)
    Open book on a pedestal (Makes for easier reading when they are so tough to hold)
    Weapon Rack (I like to place a bit of my hoard in trophy racks)
    Suit of Armor on stands (Same as note above)
    Pile of bones (My last meal)

I believe that Smeglor (I think it was him anyway) said that most of the dragon furniture would be decorative at first.

They already said the Lairs won't need a redesign for furniture, they have been designed properly

A dryad in a bird cage would be cool. Also as was said, being able to display a few more memorable trophies. I'm going from memory but wasn't it the Barasarian breatplate which describes how it was used in the ancient wars against dragons and how this one had a huge crease from where some dragon killed the owner. Something more or less like that. I'd LOVE to mount that in a prominant place.

I may be willing to give bipeds rides, but I'm still Lunus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycaunoss
    I believe that Smeglor (I think it was him anyway) said that most of the dragon furniture would be decorative at first.
    Lycaunoss, this is some good news. I'd like the reference for that if you have it I probably missed Smeglor's post about it in all the chatter about housing when the changes were first announced.

So much stuff this dwaggin went cross-eyed looking at it all.

I wouldn't mind being able to place a bit of biped furniature into the lair in places. Especially since I have a biped who has a niche in my lair. Also, it would be nice for implementing a meeting room out of one of the lair rooms. If your a Helian, why not make the bipeds feel more welcome to an extent

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

heh could have a biped chamber; Helian would have 'nice' furniture available, for those who wish to invite bipeds in. Lunus version would be scary and look more of a place for slaves or snacks

Thread Information