Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual wielding

Axeswithwolves

Default Dual wielding

Anyone else think this would be good to have ingame ? I mean i was pretty suprised at everything that horizons did have to find out you couldent dual wield any of the weapons

I couldent really find any real reason not to have it and assume it just got overlooked during development because of the huge amount of other stuff on the development plate.

So please allow us to dual wield all they'd have to do is make a copy of all the one handed weapons equippable in the left hand :-) or just make all of the current 1h weapons usable in both hands :-)

I can see it now my crazy berserker going into a frenzy and jumping on top of some monster 10x his size to chop it down while dual wielding 1h axes.... ahhh bliss

This was debated ad nauseum 2.5 yrs ago, it didn't work then, it hasnt' work since then, its not going to work now, and it wont work in the future. TG has said its not gonna happen. Ya need a new dead horse to beat, this one is glue by now.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Axeswithwolves

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    This was debated ad nauseum 2.5 yrs ago, it didn't work then, it hasnt' work since then, its not going to work now, and it wont work in the future. TG has said its not gonna happen. Ya need a new dead horse to beat, this one is glue by now.

Well excuse me if not all of us have been here since the beginning, no need to be frickin rude about it. I was just wondering since there seems to be no real reason as to why its not in or wouldent work... and dont say because it would make people uber because the multiclass system already does that.

I'm not being rude, sir, not yet. The 'reason' Dual Wielding does not exist was an intentional design decision by the developers. There have been many players, myself included, that didn't like that choice, but its been made. TG has stated very clearly its not something they are going to change.

So there IS your reason. It probably has nothing to do with 'working', making folks 'uber' or whatever. It was decided that we wouldn't be allowed to dual wield, like it or not thats the way it is.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Seranthor I felt it was rude. Of note it would be fairly easy to add in a "2-handed" weapon that just looked like it was a weapon being duel wield. But they would need to add in a 2-wepon skill and such and art and do not think they should expend the resources right now.

lighten up Nancy.
    Got Cowbell?

Dear Deth,

I can most definately assure you and anyone else that if I was trying to be rude there would be no doubt whatsoever as to my intention. Stating something factually and very emphatically is not being rude.

Sincerly,

The Curmudgeon.

I know you can be. /9-> When you want to. But not trying to does not stop others from taking it as being rude. AS I said I FELT you were being rude. Not that you were being rude. But that’s two different thing to me. That’s all I have to say about that. Want a chocolate?

No Thanks, but I sure could use some cherry pie. Who was it that recently kept trying to offer me pie and failed to deliever?

Please excuse Seranthor. Someone just dropped a house on his sister. ;-)

However, yes, the fact is that there are reasons we don't have dual-wielding, and it will be a while before we do, if ever.

But ever is a very long time....
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Actually, Amon said the only reason it isn't in game is because there are no animations for dual welding, or they'd put it in.

So have they decided on DPS of dualwielding? I kind of doubt it would be set at double the single weapon.

And don't mind Seranthor Axes; he is the resident fanboi, is all. ;D

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Axeswithwolves

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    So have they decided on DPS of dualwielding? I kind of doubt it would be set at double the single weapon.

And don't mind Seranthor Axes; he is the resident fanboi, is all. ;D
    It was pretty apparant by his rude opening response :P

Ha, if you thought that was rude then you really are in for a treat if you read some of my older posts or catch me in a particularly cranky mood.

Axeswithwolves

Ha, if you thought that was rude then you really are in for a treat if you read some of my older posts or catch me in a particularly cranky mood.

Isnt he cute Var ? He thinks he's something special lol.

Axes, Sir, I'm old, cranky, and I really dont give a flip what YOU or anyone else thinks as long as I conduct myself within the rules there isn't a whole lot you can say or do beyond reporting me or using the link in my sig to ignore me.

Have a nice day.

Axeswithwolves

I really dont give a flip what YOU or anyone else thinks
    It's funny because its such a bold faced lie.

*Warning from Ophelea - no personal attacks!

And it's bald-faced...you just can't use it here. Ser, shush.
    Last edited by Ophelea; July 6th, 2006 at 01:52 AM.

*Chuckles* and throws a towel to Axes. Here ya go. I'll let you figure out what to do with it on your first day.

just to assist the original poster:

here is the most recent iteration of this discussion prior to your starting this thread. same forum group, about 4~5 pages back though.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=13685
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

Axeswithwolves

Quote Originally Posted by Yuusuke Akiyama IV
    just to assist the original poster:

here is the most recent iteration of this discussion prior to your starting this thread. same forum group, about 4~5 pages back though.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=13685

Thank you good sir

Thread Information