Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should dragons and bipeds be more equal?

Seth

first of all I am gonna say I have never play a biped never plan to play a biped just cause it is no me.

I hear alot about dragon crafting it not being equel I see it as a huge advantage though I do little lairshaping personaly.

The main problem I see with all of this, playing a biped you can basically go on forever in the adventuring or crafting aspect with endless classes to level plots to build so on.

Dragons on the other hand are very limited though we have a huge lair to build that was a quick fix to a big problem which I believe should be adressed soon. Dragon when they hit 100 adventurer and have achieved ancient status and farmed the hell out of the same mob for hoard items to get to 25 million its over no way to change to be better you have gear but that has limits to. Like said ealier we have tons of waisted experiance I myself am now something 120 million over the level 100 just because I like killing ill go out and kill blighted blights purple necro flys elite vexators elite abominations just cause they were in my path. not that I am gonna get any benifit from acasional monster part for endless scales sets which is once again a crafter thing.

Way I see it we will never be equels never want to be equal with a biped technically dragons were mithical beast that would crush a human at the sight of it some may argue that but yea. Dragons currently have a serious limit on there content a dragon can be the best that he can be adventure wise in the time it takes a biped to get 2 classes to 100 and guess what he has alot more were the dragon is stopped dead.

it would be nice if when a dragon invests the same time like an biped that the dragon and the biped could achieve something

i dont care about balancing this two different parts of the game

but its a shame to limit the dragons while bipeds can enjoy the game thanks to the multiclass system

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    it would be nice if when a dragon invests the same time like an biped that the dragon and the biped could achieve something

i dont care about balancing this two different parts of the game

but its a shame to limit the dragons while bipeds can enjoy the game thanks to the multiclass system
    So precisely what are you suggesting happen?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    Never do I want to see racial differences go away, since it defines the character. But equality for the player of the character should at all times be maintained. All players of all races should have equal chances, equal storage, equal access ( unless a racial caracteristic allows for something other races don't have like flight ) and equal opportunity to enjoy the game.

After reading all 5 pages of points and arguments I think you bring up the best points by far Aamer. The points im speaking of are ones such as dragons have the option or ability to go places that bipeds cannot. Theres also the storage issue, which after reading the back and forth arguments from Seranther and Dragoniade (sorry Drag i have to go by what Sera has posted because it seems the facts presented are definately in her favor .. ive seen how big lots are ... not to mention how kewl the locations are ... a point i dont think has been brought up) bothers me more than a little. Ive had major storage issues. But the point I want to address Is that dragons have dragon oriented mobs or mobs that are designed for them and not bipeds. This may not be the case anymore. I am just returning to the game only recently and could be mistaken, (if i am i wish to be corrected) but I think this should be addressed also if what I say is true.

Tigris

Ask any dragon they will tell you a vehement No - they never want to be equal to a cooties-infested biped like asking a 1st grader about their relationship with girls. In reality, I think class balance is a big issue in the game - that there should be balance with Dragons and all the other classes. Am I saying Bipeds should be more powerful than dragons? No. Am I saying dragons should be more powerful than bipeds? No. Am I saying they should all be exactly the same? No. I'm saying there should be a balance.
    Last edited by Tigris; July 31st, 2006 at 07:52 PM.

Dravatar

We have posts that call for fairness and posts that call for equality. Arguments from both sides point to the pros of the opposite and the cons of their own. I was always under the impression a compromise was fair when both sides gumbled equally, which it appears they do.

Personally, I do *not* think classes should be equal. Each class should have its own strengths and weaknesses just as each race does. It is the unique choice of the combinations that make a character and determine the play style for which it is best suited.

Part of the game, then, becomes discovering what that play style is and how to take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    I still cant fly yet, but I have made an alt dragon to hopefully one day be able to (hes only lvl 10 adv atm) so that i can see the game .. i believe, in a totally new way. I could be wrong about this, but I think having the ability to fly will open up a whole new world. I admit that im mainly commenting on this because i get a lil defensive when i see bipeds get knocked somehow by dragons lol. My main is a biped with currently 8 lvl 100 adv classes and many more otw. I knew that dragons could only get 2 classes .. kinda (im speaking of course of basic adv and craft), but when i first started dragons also had hoard leeks and they could not fly no matter what lvl you were. Needless to say that after almost 3 years of playin my fiend, im not about to switch races.

Tigris

I went and explored a completed dragon lair yesterday on Order. Dragons got no room to go bitching about Bipeds. No room at all. Just unmitigated greed.

I agree. Dragons are by far the best single class in the entire game. They have a bit of healing, good melee, decent magic, good armour, and good hp, all wrapped up into one class. Dragons used to need help. They used to need skills and armour and love and other things but they don't anymore. Although I do have one beef with dragon classes though. For the love of Drulkar would it kill them to give me 10 in scalcraft....it's not like anyone but dragons have it. -_-

As for dragon lairs.....yes they are beautiful but there are some places that a plot is better. For example I could created a forests or a small park on my plots with walkways and trees and houses and such all the the way I like it. You can't do that with lairs. There are more things to put on plots then there are lairs. I'm not saying that bipeds have it better or that dragons have it worse, I'm jsut saying they're different and that each has their up points. The only problem I see is that dragons can own both and biped can only own one so biped don't really get to CHOOSE which one they want to experience. I know people say they can buy a lair with an alt and then make use of it but the thing is with the way the permissions are set that's rather useless.

As for balance between biped and dragon as to which this post is actually about....there could be improvements. I dont say change the classes or nerf or raise anyone's skills. I say make it harder for the dragons...make them need a bit more xp at higher levels to get where they need to go. Heck maybe even more xp from all the levels up. Dragons have more then any single biped class and they barely work for it and don't bother me about hoard...it's not hard to get hoard. Yes, those quests are annoying but they don't make up for everything I think. Before I started this game in so many places I saw that dragons were supposed to be different then the norm, harder to play and well that just isn't true. Eh while I'm sure no one else is going to like this suggestion its the best one I could think of rather then just strait dragon multiclassing instead of getting everythig in one class....and I LIKE getting everythign in one class.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

I think perfect balance exists only as a Platonic ideal; they are so different that balance cannot be measured. What weighting do you give to which aspects? Immediately you're in subjective territory.

I think it's a terrific topic for leveling post count, but not much else.

I did feel differently before dragons got their armor upped, their classes pretty well finished, and lairs. Now it's close enough that only playing both biped and dragon, your way, will allow you to decide for yourself.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information