Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Throw this ole hermit a bone

Hi G Oh and I wasn't trying to be naughty, I think you guys are the Naughty ones

Jayne

*shoots his eyes around the room innocently*

More Cowbell!!!
    Got Cowbell?

Not so Helcat, many that wanted the war have just gotten tired of waiting and have left.

I for one, WANT the war to take place, as long as we can actually participate in fighting it. I really believe that why we don't see the PJ's of the game anymore. because what they were playing and working towards just never happened.

If the "war" has devolved into just restricting the player or slowing the entire process, because there is not enough manpower to pull it off as promised, then so be it. Games change and I sure don't want this game to be static at all.

But let's return to the middle ground here. These are not black or white issues. They SHOULD be a shade of grey. Adventure, exploration, discovery and all the joys those bring are what we want. Removing the spawns and limiting even t5, makes the game not only different, but MORE lopsided than before.

Ok...

So let me say this. IF you cannot fulfill the original concept due to unfortunate and unforseen events, then declare what the new concept is, tell us what we CAN expect, then we will all just need to decide if we want to continue down that road.

Or do our dollars really mean more that it's claimed?

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    Not so Helcat, many that wanted the war have just gotten tired of waiting and have left.

I for one, WANT the war to take place, as long as we can actually participate in fighting it. I really believe that why we don't see the PJ's of the game anymore. because what they were playing and working towards just never happened.

If the "war" has devolved into just restricting the player or slowing the entire process, because there is not enough manpower to pull it off as promised, then so be it. Games change and I sure don't want this game to be static at all.

But let's return to the middle ground here. These are not black or white issues. They SHOULD be a shade of grey. Adventure, exploration, discovery and all the joys those bring are what we want. Removing the spawns and limiting even t5, makes the game not only different, but MORE lopsided than before.

Ok...

So let me say this. IF you cannot fulfill the original concept due to unfortunate and unforseen events, then declare what the new concept is, tell us what we CAN expect, then we will all just need to decide if we want to continue down that road.

Or do our dollars really mean more that it's claimed?
    But we had a war.....they won..... Shadow server died =)

Really you are right aamer. The war never really happened. They had some VERY nice events though with the feledan reclimation, the dead dragons invading WPL and those level 120 bosses (conjuerers IIRC) that made the AOP look like a level 1 noob.

More of that would be great imo. I was here to fight a war, instead I did 297 quests of "Kill 30 undead wolves"
    Hiko - Former Defender of Shadow
    100 Knight of Creation Hybrid
    -= Disciples =-
    BOYCOTTING THE SUMMONED SHIELD OF CREATION AS OF JULY 17TH, 2006

Exactly...

( I did around 200 of those too )

I feel like I am driving a car on the autobahn at 40kmh and watching every newbie and some regular players pass me as if I weren't moving.

I know I have a destination to head towards, I have a goal to get somewhere.

Now.... let's say my destination is quite a distance away. because I am driving so slowly, there could have been accidents in front of me (and already have been cleared and cleaned up), or perhaps a bridge crashed and the road is impassible. Because I am driving slow, I have many opportunities to avoid frustration, as by the time I get where I am going, the road conditions have changed many times.

Apply this to the game... some players just bide their time, watching the ones that have passed by get stopped my a traffic cop for speeding or you have a wreck... same with players that hit the "end level content" for crafting and adventuring. They get bored, they whine, they threaten to quit the game, but something draws them back.

Patience is the key to the success of this game. it's all there is to is.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    I feel like I am driving a car on the autobahn at 40kmh and watching every newbie and some regular players pass me as if I weren't moving.

I know I have a destination to head towards, I have a goal to get somewhere.

Now.... let's say my destination is quite a distance away. because I am driving so slowly, there could have been accidents in front of me (and already have been cleared and cleaned up), or perhaps a bridge crashed and the road is impassible. Because I am driving slow, I have many opportunities to avoid frustration, as by the time I get where I am going, the road conditions have changed many times.

Apply this to the game... some players just bide their time, watching the ones that have passed by get stopped my a traffic cop for speeding or you have a wreck... same with players that hit the "end level content" for crafting and adventuring. They get bored, they whine, they threaten to quit the game, but something draws them back.

Patience is the key to the success of this game. it's all there is to is.
    My enormous respect for you just tripled
    Hiko - Former Defender of Shadow
    100 Knight of Creation Hybrid
    -= Disciples =-
    BOYCOTTING THE SUMMONED SHIELD OF CREATION AS OF JULY 17TH, 2006

Thread Information