Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Throw this ole hermit a bone

Default Throw this ole hermit a bone

In my everyday travels in search of materials to build my shops i came across a sight that i just couldnt believe, 6 travertine nodes, and 6 travertine golems. well we knew we were getting a nerf, but not the axe.

so i ventured out to the blighted thornwood forest, and low and behold the entire forest has been removed, one blighted thornwood at the ole farmhouse, and one at the southern shore, and a half dozen treants until they didnt respawn anymore.

fine , i can work around this, ill suit up and head into the swamp and work on my weaving work, but allas, the patrol radius for the permanent blight anchor in old oaks has been expanded, cutting off my passage to the swamp.

now is the rediculus or what.

i can understand the developers viewpoint on making tier VI work harder on us builders to slow us down, but to remove the resources all together flat out puts a halt to it, not slow it down.

i didnt spend 2.5 years of my life , working up my skills and tempering my gear to be able to work tier VI materials to complete my shops, 12 of them that is. only to have them removed because a developer had a last minute idea.

I have survived, a merger, announced three hours after my first plot was completed, fine . pulled myself up by the bootstraps and kept moving forward. waited two months for auctions to take place, while standing around not being able to do even community work because the construction interface was bugged.

finally we get the auctions, and im stuck with a bugged plot, cant build on it because it is unlevel. customer service spent a month dancing around the issue and no fix, so i sold it and moved on.

now we have future buildings that are coming in, that will make my shops that still need completed obsolete. but now i cant even complete them because of a bone headed move on Tulga's part.

I have cancelled all four of my accounts,

throw this ole hermit a bone, and lets see if i will change my mind. but you have to stop this unrelentless flow of botched up patches, before ill take anyones word.

There seems to be a large number of areas that are just empty or have low nodes and spawns of mobs. Things are just decimated, this isn't cool at all, luckily Order isn't populated.
    I am really hoping this is a bug, and not the norm. The slate in mahagra is maybe 1/3 what it used to be, mithril spawns are cut to tiny numbers compared to before. The Elm in Elmnic was cleared out in 1 hour. How are we supposed to do things? Stop increasing the grind, or prepare for another mass exit, its happened before

You mean that elm that wasn't touched?

Tier 6 is meant to be rare or difficult to get. Not plentiful.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Wasn't it already? Sounds like it was made rare AND difficult to get.

I dont see it as a bug, is see it as a means of slowing down the progression of players so that tulga has time to try and keep up with its elder player base.

right now we smoke em in events, and have to wait for them to finish the coding to complete the event, or even turn on a simple npc.

they cant keep up with a big idea if they are putting in a small effort. so slow the players down.

cant improve on game performance, so they cut out the eye candy, reduced graphics detail. i havent seen my buff animations since the desert sands event. on any pc, ive owned.

the recurring bug of sidelwalks flashing colors, that when tickets are sent in, they tell you to adjust your video settings. bah, its a patch bug, stop pointing fingers and fix it. now we have water missing. only post ive seen by a developer is clear your world cache, bah, its a patch bug, clearing the world cache didnt fix it.

Some were, some weren't.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I am seeing repeated attempts to slow down progression over and over, everywhere. The mob spawns are getting incredibly light after a balance and now you can't even group for those spawns. At one point you could have a group in the mithril canyons now you stuggle for keeping yourself busy. This isn't right, it has to be changed. HZ already has the longest grind up to the cap I've seen, don't make it longer.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    You mean that elm that wasn't touched?

Tier 6 is meant to be rare or difficult to get. Not plentiful.
    Sir, there IS a difference between making something rare or difficult, and making something so brutally painful as to cause persons to decide not to do it at all.

TG has a feast or famine mentality, there IS NO middle groud with the majority of the decisions you folks make. It has become apparant to myself and many others that TG's intent is to slow the game down to a lethargic state, increase the grind, to combat the calls for additional content.

I fully understand the theory of sucking in pure newbies that will throw their money down and cover the losses of the elder veterans. Because the 12.95 you get from Joe Newbie means you can drive off one veteran player that is calling for higher level content and still try and maintain the balance without having to develop anything and thusly letting you coast.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

A grind is a grind, no matter what color you paint it, i leveled all 19 craft schools on the grind. that i can handle just fine. and 16 of those schools were capped on tier IV resources.

and i agree that tier VI resources should be harder to aquire. well guarded, blighted. what ever means they see fit. but to remove them is not a fix, its a flaw.

at the rate of progression of a tier VI shop with the resources we had inplace, even with a blighted forest, it was 12 - 16 weeks of steady work to complete one expert shop. now all tier VI resources have to be transmutated. so why do we even have master forms, if we arent allowed to use em.

glad to see dragon finally get there flying discs with glowing headlights, but where are the level 100 backpacks and satchels for bipeds.

Arch....

Now you know why I have been playing Everquest II. The Old Oaks anchor was the first step out the door, and it sounds like the second is coming soon. They keep doing things they say is for the health of the game and its future, but a game needs to be a fun experience to have a future for me and all the grinding and keeping me from resource fields I need with high-level critters is more than I can take. Not cancelled yet, but getting close.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Quote Originally Posted by Archebold
    (...)

and i agree that tier VI resources should be harder to aquire. well guarded, blighted. what ever means they see fit. but to remove them is not a fix, its a flaw.

(...)
    I think you have a valid point there. If the difficulty in acquiring the resource would lie in the danger one had to face to acquire it, that would make the road to completion equally long and hard, but not boring.

If you have to run everywhere just to look for a resource or sit there every so often just to wait for a new spawn, that is boring, indeed.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

A long time ago b4 T5 - 6 were ingame T4 was considered rare and hard to get but there woz a lot of nodes on the summontower island and near the east blight for people to use..the length of the run and the lack of machines made it rare and hard to get coupled to the fact that thees mobs crawling around make it also hard to get. Removing thornwood treants and travertine golems is a pain for hunters too cause not all hunters like killing fyakki, necroflies or elite blights after lvl100 i mysef like killing travertine golems for fun cause of the challenge etc

Fluuoro

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    There seems to be a large number of areas that are just empty or have low nodes and spawns of mobs. Things are just decimated, this isn't cool at all, luckily Order isn't populated.
    I am really hoping this is a bug, and not the norm. The slate in mahagra is maybe 1/3 what it used to be, mithril spawns are cut to tiny numbers compared to before. The Elm in Elmnic was cleared out in 1 hour. How are we supposed to do things? Stop increasing the grind, or prepare for another mass exit, its happened before
    I'm sorry but i disagree, i think dev did the right thing and i thank you for pointing out two very bugged areas: slate field in mahagara and mithril anvil. As pointed out in many post (also by you) crafting shouldn't be easy, every piece of teched armor should be paid with blood and months of work, not just go to nadia and buy reagents then gate to last stand and collect mithril..THAT IS BAD!!1!!1one! I think that mithril nodes should be more rare than now, and also the maximun harvestable should be reduced. I think they should use the same cap of glass nodes for mithril nodes and please remove that easy platinum mine from there, actually crafting mithril is too easy it should be fixed asap. Now let's talk about mahagara slate fileld and Elm in Emnic, they were bugged plain and simple: lot of easy resources near machines??? and there were no mobs in the slate fileld!!one11!! I suggest that every resource field in istaria (also new trisumus and spirit isle) get a blight anchor of proper tier guarding it , come on the WA must know that if they control the resources of istaria the can win the war against The Gifted. Also the spawn rate of resources should be reduced of 30-80% so that crafting could means something, and when you see a warrior with actually an armor and not naked you think: "wow, it probably took 6 months for resources and 3 mithirl coins for reagents to get that!!".

T1 - 2 should be easy to come across for beginner crafters and have mahcines conviently nearby for them to work..resources shouldnt b ultra rare apart from ones that have to be..mithril is so much n number because its the only field..slate near mahagra is convient for dragons who are doin lairshaping, ipeds who are building etc etc adding blight anchors at every field wouldnt solve anything some people lvl crafts up more than adventure because they prefer to craft rather than just adventuring. thats why these non guarded resource field are here to cater for these people. Tho is doesnt make sence to me why T1 - 5 resources should be made rare like T6..ull end up gettingfights over one or 2 nodes.

With all due respect Fluuoro if you see someone with a single mith coin they probably have been cheating since day one and not spending it, if you have someone with 3 mith coins then they are probably a dev.

IF you are suggesting that things should be so completely unreasonable in price are you willing to surrender all your armor/scales to prove the point?

Maybe you missed it sir, but if you went to Nadia today and straight bought the T5 components for a single tool you'd spend over 1.8g... yes, thats 1.8gold.

How about you strip down to your BVDs and go take on Mhedon and if you succeed then we'll let you stand there and protect the crafters from the mobs you trying to rain down on their heads.

Its my opinion that your 'plan' is nothing more than a recipie for disaster and further decimating what once was a thriving game where there were routinely login queues to get in to play.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Well Fluuoro,

let me guess -- you must be a mighty hunter.

For me, adventuring takes second place to crafting and would it not be so, I wouldn't play this game. I'm not much into adventuring, for me it is a necessary evil, at best.

Making not only the highest tier resources but also the tierI or II all dangerous to get would require either all the crafters to spend much more time in their adventuring gear instead of their cargo gear or it would require the adventurers to become gatherers and miners and put the gathered resources on the consigners/pawnbrokers so that the main crafters could process them further. That would be a different kind of economy. Would you be willing to gather and mine for the crafters?

Fluuoro, the mithril isn't about the nodes at all, its the mithril spawn. First the Saritova spawn is absolutely destroyed and is useless for any adventurer, there isn't enough for one person to keep busy much less a group. Now the main mithril field gets hit, and golems are very thin, there is no reason to group there at all. There is not enough danger to warrant a group or more than one person.

As for the resource fields. Well you come and try building a plot which requires massive amounts of resources and do it on a handful of nodes. You can't change the fields without changing the forms, you just can't do it without losing players.

I am all for a challenge, I like some stuff to be more rare. But this trend is absolutely disturbing, if it keeps up people will leave for sure. There was nothing wrong with the spawn of mithril golems at all, they should never have been touched, they were evenly spaced around the massive field in a good concentration and not farmable. They did not instant respawn on top of eachother. This is just a slow down, and it is a bad move.

I'm also not sure what you mean by mithril being too fast.... Ever since its alloyed there are very few people that work mithril because its slower than the other resources. The exp doesn't add up over time, so your reasoning is VERY faulty.

Uhh, boys... I think Fluuoro's post was sarcastic....
    Lumineux Talar

Hehe, has to be - as i remember Fluuoro being Master-Crafter of all disciplines and not very high in Adventure ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux
    Uhh, boys... I think Fluuoro's post was sarcastic....
    ooops -- really? Lets hope so....

Thread Information