Thread: Confused on dragons/world in general

Zralots

Default Confused on dragons/world in general

Ok, first off is there Pvp on Choas? Or is that simply a blight server thing?

Second, if pvp is available on Choas, how do Dragons fit into it? I see almost everyone posting about lairs and such.. I want to make a pvp build.

Suggestions?

There are no PvP builds as the only PvP is in an arena that both players have to agree to way before going into it. There is not duel invite system beyond asking in a chat channel and only about 1 or 2% of the players are even remotely interested in it.

Zralots

Darn, I was hoping for at least a decent pvp community.

I suppose Horizons is mostly roleplayers.

Thats cool.

Thanks!

Zralots

But either way, there must be a way one can mold a character to better suite the battle arena, correct?

If PvP is what you want, this game is not for you. Full-out PvP tends to attract idiots like in WoW.

Yes, Horizons is based largely on roleplay.

Like Deth said, a vast majority of this game's population dislikes the idea of PvP, so there is barely anyone in the arena. Besides, the arena was meant to improve your fighting techniques to better rid of the Aegis, not to kill anyone just because you could or to prove yourself stronger.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Zralots
    But either way, there must be a way one can mold a character to better suite the battle arena, correct?
    Here sir is where the water gets murky, without knowing your own skill set, your own mind set and how you intend to fight one can not honestly answer you on how to mold your character to fight in the arena. If it is your intent to spend a lot of time there I forsee a very very lonely and boring time for you there. The adventure is out there (points away from the arena, into the blight lands)
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

for a dragon in pvp there really isn't much "building" anyway. the options open up a bit for bipeds with multiclassing.

however as stated previously, horizons is simply not built for pvp. for fun and excitement we just have to gnaw on some undead
    This page intentionally left blank.

Zralots

Likewise, strict roleplaying tends to attract idiots and extremely naive people.

Apples and oranges, no offense intended, just mentioning that each has its cons.

Either way, thanks for the replies everyone! I still plan on trying Horizons out as I do enjoy roleplaying very much! But I also enjoy pvp! I can always play somethign else for that!

I used to monitor this game on the dev boards years ago, but got out of the mmorpg scene for a while, looking forward to finally seeing what this game is all about!

Also, WOW is NOT full out pvp, thats a joke. (Cause I wish it was) True there are pvp shards, but even at that its still restricted.

thanks again!
    Last edited by Zralots; July 8th, 2006 at 01:57 AM.

The only time I've seen roleplayers called that is from misconception of what roleplaying (it's all teh cybor roflcopter!!) is and their not number-crunching their characters fo maximum "uberness", but rather letting the created personality of the character dictate their path.

That being said, yes it was rude to paint PvPers with a broad brush, and it was just as rude to retaliate. Take the high road. And saying 'no offense' after clearly being purpousfully offensive is ludicrous to say the least.

Also PvP and Roleplaying aren't opposites. This game is strictly PvE with a small PvP playground. PvP seems to attract far more players of immature attitude than other type of play. Horizons being strictly PvE and having one of the nicest and most co-operative player bases of all MMORPGs out there on the market may not prove the opposite is true (being only based on a sample of one) but it sure is indicative of the trend that no PvP = lower immature player count.

Edit: Compared to this game, WoW PvP shards are full on. Of course, Shadowbane is really full-out PvP and look what happened there.
    Last edited by Magnir; July 8th, 2006 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnir
    PvP seems to attract far more players of immature attitude than other type of play.
    Not that I'm defending PvP or anything, because I am not since I abhore it. Roleplay can, and does, take a quick nosedive into immaturity. I've seen it happen many, many times here on Order when there was actually roleplay going on. But it's getting more and more rare to actually see it in the "roleplay-enforced" channels and I don't have the option of opening up more tabs for player-made rp channels.
    Disciples of Namir
    Shard: Order
    Britt Namir - Female Saris Flame Disciple
    Ryver - Ancient Helian Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Tania Namir - Femal Saris Storm Disciple
    Melthana - Adult Lunus Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Ruhan Namir - Male Saris Spirit Disciple

Zralots

I've read half your reply, analyze my message how you want.. I don't care.

When I said no offense, thats exactly what I meant, if you take offense, fine by me.

And compare it to whatever you want, full on is either full on or not.. don't compare it to anything, full on means 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Zralots
    I've read half your reply, analyze my message how you want.. I don't care.

When I said no offense, thats exactly what I meant, if you take offense, fine by me.

And compare it to whatever you want, full on is either full on or not.. don't compare it to anything, full on means 100%.
    Thank you for proving Zemora's and Magnir's points.

No offense
    I'm a biped. Even when I look like a dragon, I'm a biped.

Well, thank you for bothering to read my entire post, Rhysse. :-D

If you don't mean offense, don't say something offensive, but don't bother to learn, Z. Ain't my problem.

Ryver - You're right, immaturity does exist on RP servers, but in my estimation, it can be found in far greater quantities in PvP environments. Heck, in WoW, PvPers come en masse to chat-grief RP servers for some reason. If that's not the height of immaturity, I don't know what is.
    Last edited by Magnir; July 10th, 2006 at 03:37 AM.

I miss having open pvp like what exists in Shadowbane or even Lineage2. Having to keep a watch out for aggro players is a nice distraction from mindless grinding.

Thread Information