Thread: crafting

icedragonn

Default crafting

how do you make houses? if theres a video i would like to see it, or you can explain, i just seen production of houses but not one in making yet just wondering

As a non Dragon you need:

1. money for a plot
    2. buy a plot (small ones around 35s)
    3. design it (plan your buildings)
    4. go out and join the needed craft schools (mason, fitter, carpenter, enchanter, weaver)
    5. or find someone that builds it for you (maybe spend some money into the building)

Quote Originally Posted by icedragonn
    how do you make houses? if theres a video i would like to see it, or you can explain, i just seen production of houses but not one in making yet just wondering
    I can tell you a little about houses, for I am a gnome who likes to build. But since you are a dragon, you maybe would like to settle for a dragon lair...

Once you have bought a plot, there is a plannning window that allows you to select structures you'd like to put there and place them. You can see that those structures will need building material processed in a certain way -- thats why bipeds chose professions like weaver, enchanter, carpenter, mason, fitter -- these crafter schools are the builders. Some of the structures need only some types of resources, others need all. When you don't like what you have built, you can tear it down again and recover most of the building material. Wherever you see a 'scaffolding' on a biped plot, something is in the process of being built there. Explore the settlements and guild towns, you will see a lot of those.

A dragon can also build nice things into his lair, but he has to be a laircrafter, to do that. That is the dragon builder school.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

As a tangential note; the lairs were added to the game quite recently, and are exceptionally nice. Wander through a few that you come across to see how the rooms look full size.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information