Thread: rift map

Post rift map

my apologies for the lack of labels. someone put them in but i don't have a copy of it.
    green spot is the entrance. grey area is the sleeper
    grey spot on the far left is bones
    right (magenta) of that is heart
    below that (black) is elial
    further east is blood (orange-ish)
    and below is mind (light blue)

http://my.execpc.com/~danperry/riftmap4.jpg

er.. right. explanation behind this is that i don't think it has been reposted since the forum change.

I had a copy with labels sitting on my hard drive. Apologies if my server is slow. :\

http://www.anukki.com/miscimages/rift.jpg

Default Re: rift map

ping

someone requested in-game tonight. might want to sticky this

One of the things I'd like to do soon is pull all these "sticky" threads together into one big FAQ of links and information, unstick the original threads and just make one post at the top.

Personally I hate having to scroll through a page of "stuck" threads just to get to new threads on any forum.

I had made an ingame Rift map... but David told me not to release it. :P I'm surprised nobody else has done it on their own...

We did Frid, we did.
    Daj had made a nice detailed terrain map of the rift for the map pack.
    At the last moment we decided not to put it in, getting lost in the rift is part of the journey to being ancient after all

We ended up with placeholder background to display the player location markers on, we used little dragon icons for the rift "map" instead of the little bipeds with swords
    We marked the location of the sleeper and of the start point.
    Basicly it wa sonly usefull as radar to check your location in relation to other players and the aforementioned two point.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Yeah, I have to agree there. However, there are players who have honestly never cared about the story, or are running their second dragon through. The map comes in handy then.

Although, for any dragon that's really into the story, it's one helluva good experience. Seeing the Sleeper for the first time was YIKES!

Quote Originally Posted by Vidken View Post
    Seeing the Sleeper for the first time was YIKES!
    Stupid world object NPCs *grumble grumble* such a PITA to set up, and still didn't get the floating name / targeting box thing working right. :P Playing with shaders for the rift mobs was fun though !

Thread Information