Thread: A way to make some people a little less cranky... maybe

Default A way to make some people a little less cranky... maybe

The last patch hurt a lot of people. And yes people are already giving up, so things need to reversed and fixed so there is still some hope.

1. Saritova spawns - The golem spawns all over the island have been slashed heavily.
    -The fire opal spawn was abusive and should be changed to a linked field similar to the rest of the golems, more remotely linked than falling on top of eachother. The other area for fire opals to spawn has more of every other enemy in it than fire opals.

-The old spawn had good numbers of golems in two or three linked fields spanning over 1000m or more. There was also prehaps 5 different golem spawns, so if you killed all of one, there was always another type of enemy close, or you could make a decent run to the other field and get them there.

-Currently there are very few golems, you can kill the few that are around your area and just spend most of the time running and looking for more. This posses big problems with just normal people looking for tech components or trophies, or plain experience. Not exploiting anything, just playing. Groups are pointless in this area, there is not enough to kill. There needs to be a large increase in the spawn.
    As someone has pointed out, this has lead to a lot of nodes being unguarded right near large communities as well.

2. The Mithril's Anvil spawns much like the Saritova Island spawns have been hacked and slashed. It was a very nicely balanced field before, with no massive groupings (unless you pushed all the golems purposefully to one area) or major barren areas. Current there are only a handful of golems that exist. Combined with Saritova's reduction this makes mithril frags extremely hard to obtain, and used in a huge variety of techs.

3. Satyr island tech comps. With Nadia's price increase and the general rarity of mobs was gonna be a sore point. With the newly added agro code means that hunting these islands is just sucidial, its no fun for anyone. I can recongization a challenge, but its like you are a magnet no matter where you try and go and fight. I know the agro code is pretty much just being tested right now, but keep in mind that these comps are mostly unattainable.

4. Tier 6 nodes. While I am in favour of t6 being difficult and unique, there seems to be a line that was crossed for many. Why should tier 6 exist if transmutating t5 is faster and takes less skill, less camping, less danger and way less highly teched out gear? Please relook at this area, it just makes very little sense right now.

You could add anchors to the areas to make them dangerous, add more mobs generally to increase the danger, but just cutting the numbers down so severely seems wrong. Give them a boost in the least. I don't care about t6 myself.

5. Old Oaks. Over the last few months the Old Oaks area has taken a beating. And the Anchors just south of Old Oaks are cutting people off from a linked silk field, as well as shining wisps. While the yelling isn't as loud here, its still a concern. The silk there gets you killed, and the linked last stand field gets quickly used. The shining wisps with the new agro are very very hard to get to and well guarded. The swamp has been infested with Kwellens which will kill a crafter in one hit, and the only other option is the yew forest. The yew forest's spawn of shining is so small one person depletes it, if a person kills the wisps (and a lot of people do) running into the treeant spawn is more sucicide.

I completely understand why most people are mad, why they are quiting. Right now things just are not attainable, and unless things get changed they never will be. Nobody is looking for their "I win" button, but people have invested their time here, to see it ripped out from under them.
    The design of construction, and hunting in Istaria is based off of big numbers. We need to do things a lot before we finish or achieve anything, and when those numbers are ripped away from us, how can we achieve anything? How can we continue to play a game where we can't achieve?

If there are any other issues I've missed, please post more. I'm not calling for a complete reversal as I agree on many things the devs have done and some of their direction, just a lot was taken too far.

Ophelea

Thank you for this very well thought out post.

That is the issue for most of us really, the black and white reversals.

Part of any good MMO's design, is to hide the necessary grind and slowing of the player base's leveling, ( to keep them playing longer and paying longer ) behind content that occupies the playerbase with activity they find fun or entertaining.

When the game launched, there was plenty of that.

Satyrs need to be set free, mines had to be built, field shops rebuilt so that the mines could be built.

Feladan had to be reclaimed, structures built, the town repaired, critters killed.

The Dryads were called back, bridge was built, complex riddles desciphered, a ritual to figure out, required objects collected.

THAT was the hayday for Horizons. But once all that was complete, merge, adjustments, mistakes all took their toll, and left us where we are today.

Rolling back a bit will help, but I'm not convinced it will make the long time players happy, placated for a time perhaps, but soon they will again raise their voices to the heavens to declare their feelings.

TG cannot add the kind of content that is needed to truly alay the fears and restore the faith. They don't have the time nor manpower to do any more than plow ahead without looking up.

I am still having enough fun and entertainment to keep playing. As time passes I hope they can finish making adjustments, and return to making content.

Until then, I will thank them for their efforts, I will refrain from any more comments, and I will hope that the views of the boards, do not make it into the ears of all the new players ingame.

I don't see a difference in the satyr's, maybe thats just me.

As far as the other comments I have seen less Golems and I personally know that the silk field is blocked with an anchor and yes I got killed. But once that happened I switched fields. In my eyes that means the WA is upon us.

Jayne

With the last couple of updates is simply become a case for me of okay where in istaria am i not going to go for any reason, the world is getting smaller all the time i feel sorry for those people that own plots in old oaks as its far to risky for many to go home anymor massive uber mobs that 3 shot me from behind has definately not increased my fun factor. some times for the pure fun factor i used to just wander the entire empire looking for things the developers had added in stealth or just look at/for things that some of the dragon hoard discriptions mentioned no many areas are simply set up so that only a heavily teched multi 100 adv school player can even run thru with some safety factor. For me the fun factor has definaly been increasing at an exponential rate. I miss the world events that had meaning to the entire shard not just a few/limited individuals. I miss the friendship building effect of these events I would love to see something added to the game that the majority of players felt was worth the time effort and risk , sadly I havent seen that kind of event in far to long both outposts appealed to a protion abet small but the largest portion of the shard saw it as a it dosent benefit me event and largely ignored it.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

I'm kinda wondering about the Old Oaks event myself. How many times have those bosses been pummelled into the ground and yet they still advance, still advance, blight even more area?

Its hard for hatchlings to get to Draak nowadays. I understand if you wanna make T6 a bit tougher, but these little Lv50 hatchlings never had anything to do with T6 and yet... it takes extreme luck for one to solo a run to Draak Island, they almost _must_ have Lv100 help just to get them there, and even then, sometimes the Lv100s die trying to get the hatchlings there!

Now that I'm an adult I don't have to worry about this anymore, but I feel sorry for the hatchlings who need to grab 2, 3, 4 people to help them get down to Draak just to do their RoP. Whether you are Lunus or Helian, you must go there at least two times, and unless you read ahead in the quests on the forums, 3 times may be necessary. And each time, esp. with the new aggro system, you dance with death with a mob that can kill you in one hit flat.

I've always been against that event being so close to a -major- Lv50 questing ground, and I'm just as against it nowadays as I was then. Its not about wanting an "easy" button on RoP, but... having our hatchlings fighting things they actually stand a chance against is a start. Even Lv100 hatchlings would get cut down in seconds by those kwellens, heck, Lv90+ adults die in the matter of a few seconds to those things.

Otherwise, I agree with everything the OP said thusfar, very good suggestions.

--Dhalin

Indeed Dhalin, I quite agree with you here. I railed against the current event from the day it started, precisely because of what you eloquently stated in your post here.

This event not only leaves all players who don't have characters above level 90 out, but it horribly negatively impacts all players of any level who either own plots anywhere near Old Oaks, or hatchlings wishing just to do their RoP.

This event, in my view, is perhaps the most misguided event any dev team could have dreamed up.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

There are virtually no thornwood treeants anymore, getting to Draak is no a big issue. Although that is besides the point of this event being forced into an area it does not fit. It is ruining plots and the balance of a lot resources, I would very much like to see if they do anything with shining wisps, as it is deadly to attempt that run now.

Thread Information