Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you feel is the current rock salt bonus ?

Default What do you feel is the current rock salt bonus ?

I am not an avid hunter i do hunt but its not my passion but when i do i find some of the loot simply silly some of the loot is instantly deleted or not looted. some of the items have a use some simply are a what appears to be fluff/spacer in the loot tables. I will list the ones that i remember off the top of my head
    1 water
    2. sand
    3.snowballs - to be honest this is so common a drop as to be annoying

then again there are the items that some mobs that dont seem to currently have any purpose in game they arent a tech item yet are on the loot tables nor do they seem to have any funciton or use in game

what other mob drops do you see ?
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

There are actually several components that drop right now that apparently have no current use at all--Nahguk Pygmy Ears and Veteran Mummy Wrappings come immediately to mind.

Perhaps the devs should consider using these presently useless drops as substitutes for such things as the dreaded Vexator Fringes and Zombie Ogre Toes for various techs . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I try not to pick up any "resource" while I am hunting, unless it's Tier V uncut gems because they are light, or some other Tier V resource that can net me a little cash after hunting.

I think what Vandellia is trying to say is... the worthless "low end" drops (like sand, salt rocks, and snowballs) that seem to be just an annoyance.

One I can't stand is "Animal Hides"

You kill an Icy Dire Wolf.... you get either snowballs or animal hides... one day they could classify "animal hides" as fragile, weak, tough, strong, etc... so the animal hide you get off of a 90th level wolf means more. If I wanted Animal hides, I can go kill deer or cows.

I have a dumb semi-topic related question...

Why do Flame beetles in Dralk drop "Maple tree sap?"
    Where in a volcanic area does a flame beetle find this stuff as loot?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

it is well known that Flame Beetles LOOOVE pancakes. Duh!
    Got Cowbell?

Yea there'a a lot of worthless stuff dropping. Always has been. It never was a big problem with me. That's why I don't use the loot all option much.

I suppose some biped crafter may actually WANT animal hides and I suppose it's realistic that, if they just killed a wolf, they be given the chance to get them.

I consider this a minor annoyance. Far less an annoyance then unwanted "bonus" resources while mining. In any event, it's no big deal for me and I can handle it without them having to change anything.

It's not just HZ that does this. I just finished playing Oblivion all the way through. The amount of worthless junk which drops there makes HZ look lean and mean by comparison.

The worthless junk does seem realistic and I don't find it all THAT much of an annoyance. I don't mind if it isn't changed. It WOULD be nice if they gave me the option to turn off "bonus" resources.

The entire point im trying to make is its about time to re-think and adjust some of the drops drops/loot should be something valued you cant sell water or sand now if you tierd glass and they had a "tierd sand additive" then id say okay but to many of the drops appear to be simply something to add to the loot tables that server no useful purpose
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

I don't find it nearly as annoying, as you have the chance to just not take them. In crafting you forced to accept bonuses.

Snowballs are good heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Snowballs are good heals.
    but dont they take up a valuable Gift slot?
    or am I missing another way they can be used
    for healing...
    Got Cowbell?

Tigris

Snowballs

Imperial bounty markers are mine..i just simly have too many i dont even bother looting them anymore..i dont even use them anymore..used to be fun earning them at the dude in dailmond docks with the old soul frag for 3 bms

yeah honestly, IBMs should be removed from
    the loot tables entirely, and go back to being
    a Trainer Task item only...
    Got Cowbell?

Vasden

Ever consider selling them [IBM's] to newer players on a connie? I'd buy them. It would help ya save up for a visit to Nadia .

-Vasdenjas-
    Last edited by Vasden; July 10th, 2006 at 08:39 PM.

Snowballs do take up a gift slot... unless you are full of gifts already...

Then they heal you for 1-18 pts of health for each one.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

ty Justa. didn't know that
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasden
    Ever consider selling them [IBM's] to newer players on a connie? I'd buy them. It would help ya save up for a visit to Nadia .

-Vasdenjas-
    You know what newer players don't have?

MONEY.

At least not enough to pay Nadia's new rates...

Vasden

Quote Originally Posted by cattoy
    You know what newer players don't have?

MONEY.

At least not enough to pay Nadia's new rates...
    See that littlle winky blinky thing ---> <---- that means I'm joking around.... chill, really.

-Vasdenjas-

Imperial Bounty Markers shouldn't drop from ANY mob higher than T3 unless TG decide to finally put T4+ techs on the QMs.

Soul Fragments should just be removed from the game.

Trinkets/Charms/Tablets/etc are annoying and rarely are even used. Unless they are going to get looked at and reconfigured, they are just taking up valuable loot table space IMO.

Snowballs really do need their percent chance of dropping lowered. They are fun but now they dominate those particular mobs' loot tables.

Resources that do not belong/are not harvested anywhere near the area they are dropped need to be removed. WHY a Fire/Flame Beetle would drop Maple Sap and Fire/Flame Ogres/Pygmies drop Maple Bark in the Dralk area, when Maple grows way over near Feladan, The Spire, and the Bay boggles my mind. Where the heck would these HEAT BASED mobs get perfectly fine Maple sap and bark? Do they like, keep it in fire proof containers or something? Guess you could say they eat it and you're getting it from their guts or something, but again, where are they getting it from? Unless they are suppose to be making huge migrations to the maple fields to eat and coming back with full tums of the stuff, but then, why don't we get random spawns of them in the maple?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Entirely makes no sense^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What else, what else? I'm sure I'm missing something. Dunno how many times this subject has been brought up and talked about, we should have a book already permastickied for when the devs finally get around to redoing the loot tables so they can do the OPPOSITE of what everyone wants to happen.

Ooo, I'm starting to sound bitter, I'd better quit before I start needing some cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    Trinkets/Charms/Tablets/etc are annoying and rarely are even used.

I use them all the time
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat
    I use them all the time
    And as Snowdonia implied, you are indeed the rare player Helcat.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Thread Information