Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Little Project: summer rain

Default Little Project: summer rain

Hey all I just wanted to share one of my lastest creations I have been working on now for the past week

I have never like how the weather of istaria is always dry and sunny, so I made a light summer rain complete with lightning and thunder. hopefully if i know how i want to make this effect only happen at a 2% ratio beacuse right now it plays always in every default region.

Vasden

Well done! I would love to see weather effects and seasons come to Istaria.

- Vasdenjas-

Great job Blue ! *claws up*

I hope you get that rain % working and then make a mod out of it.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

oooo i cant wait, finaly a little variation to istaria instead of constant heat wave or only blight rains. not that i dotn mind the heat waves :P

*Gives Blue Hasia 10/10 for this and the other mods he made such as colorfull hoard ect* ^_^
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Thanks for the encouragement I'm working with ever ounce of my coding skill(which is not much) to see if i can get the weather patterns to be randomize. so far I have had no such luck to get any weather pattern to appear with the code method I am trying. If any dev reads this post and wants to educate me your wisdom would be most helpful.

To share what i have done so far I am testing the float overall chance that is used to randomize the music in the game. I have wiped the code of a region def file and placed inside it

TDefListData
    {
    TDef list DefList =
    {

float overallChance = 100.0
    TSample list sampleList =
    {
    {
    string DefFile = "region_desert.def"
    float chance = 50.0
    }
    {
    string DefFile = "region_volcanic.def"
    float chance = 50.0
    }
    }
    }

}

what is quoted is the only data in that region def file nothing else. what I'm hoping here is that the game will load the region.def file and see inside it this set of code which will then redirect it based on the chance ratio to the two choices I have set to be the float chance.

Blog Entries

Yes! Weather!!
    I always said this game lacked in the enviroment changes, like it never rained or anything, I mean after all. If you go to a coast here, most likely it will be raining the next day, and for a good while sometimes.

Kinda like we also need a snow and blizzards up in the snowy mountains. >> Or fog, like after a rain storm. XD but I do realize one step at a time.

Yes! Rain! *jumps around*

( I wish I knew code. ; ; or I'd help on alot of these projects )

So far I talked with 3 Devs and each of them have not been able to assit me in the questions I have. So I hate to get every ones hope up But I am going to put this project on the back Burner.
    Am I not Happy either I was really hoping I could have been able to write something that would let me randomize the weather effects, but with my lack of knowledge in writing def files I am unable to succeed.

Blog Entries

Gah!

This is when you hope someone with skills can show up and help ya out. ; ;
    I wish I could, but I have no programming knowledge what so over. ><

Anyone on these boards have any way to help Blue out so we can actually have weather in the game, this be a good time to jump in.. really.. it would.. ; ;

Looks sweet Blue. Everyone whants to have random weather. The devs will put it in game some year its on there far back burner too. Probly y you got little help there. If you dont do it now it looks better when they place it in two years down there road when everyone that read your post forgot you were working on it.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Aww Blue, this is great. But then again most of your mods are. What would we do without you? I look forward to downloading this when you complete it.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Default Re: Little Project: summer rain

Bump it!

Maybe a dev has time to read this thread

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Woot! Blue ss back at it again.

BLue i tried to get your mods from your website but they all lead to an error on the page... can you let me know where i can get them or what im doing wrong?

Wow, I wish this project could've been completed...

Quote Originally Posted by fylith View Post
    BLue i tried to get your mods from your website but they all lead to an error on the page... can you let me know where i can get them or what im doing wrong?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention I haven't checked the flash loader in a long time, I think the problem with it is my file provider. I'm going to dump them and stick with my web site to host the mods. the conversion of the files will take a bit do to the fact that I have to rewrite the links for the flash.

and also to my old friends of HZ I am slowly coming back my good friend Kiloknee got me back in game last week, and I been making an effort to log in a few times a week now. so players of chaos keep an Eye out for some one named "Testnamechange" that is me "blue" I can thank EI for breaking my name

If I see the name I will remember to cast gifts

I been getting a lot of request to see the rain in action from friends in game. So I made them a little short video of it enjoy
    also the sound is very bad not sure why fraps is doing such a bad job it has done other game records just fine?

Blue Rain
    Last edited by Blue Hasia; August 27th, 2007 at 01:24 AM.

Holy schnikies, this is awesome!

hey blue do ya think ya can email me the rain mesh??? where it rains all teh time????? [email protected]

wow Blue, this is excellent work!

Well done! Well done indeed!

Thread Information