Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Little Project: summer rain

Default Re: Little Project: summer rain

Cool! thats awesome Blue, love it! does get a bit boring seeing sunshine all day.

Shartan- Helian Dragoness of Chaos- Timeless Guild- 100/90/60- Retired for now

Quote Originally Posted by rizo/nawkia View Post
    hey blue do ya think ya can email me the rain mesh??? where it rains all teh time????? [email protected]

here is the file place it in your resource override folder in this order-
    Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\resources_override\Resource s\definitions\regions

Blue Rain
    Right click and save target make sure it is set to all files and change the file type to .txt
    To get rid of the rain just delete the file

Hey Blue, is there anyway we can get links to your other files again now? The flash loader? I can't seem to find mine and your sig is gone.

I need to fix all the links for the flash loader because I am putting the files in my website for hosting. the one they are under atm are never stable and currently when you attempt to download the files break during mid download

GAH! Not good, ok np, I'll wait patiently.

blue saved it turned it into a txt an put it in the resource override but nothin happen think ya can tell me over again or somethin??

my bad not text file but a .def file change the extension to .def

sry if im askin to much but my comp wont leme change it to a def file, im savin it under all files opening it back up an tried to save it again an theres no def thing there

i even tried changing it to a def before i saveed it when i opened it

try saving it as a txt file and when it saves see if you can then change the extension to .def

Quote Originally Posted by rizo/nawkia View Post
    sry if im askin to much but my comp wont leme change it to a def file, im savin it under all files opening it back up an tried to save it again an theres no def thing there

i even tried changing it to a def before i saveed it when i opened it
    Just a suggestion, but you might want to go into your folder options and make sure that the "Hide extensions for known file types" box is not checked. Perhaps you are actually changing the file extension to .def, but Windows is just not showing it

HTH,
    Glormf

EDIT: fixed typo

i cant find out a def file anywhere T.T found everything else but no def...word pad note pad anythin i got wont change it...

The trouble you're having is that you are trying to use wordpad, textpad, etc to save the file as a .def file. What you need to do is:

1. save the file as a .txt file
    2. close the program you used to save it
    3. start Windows Explorer, find the file you just saved
    4. right click on the file and select RENAME
    5. backspace over the .txt extention and type .def
    6. save the file

You will get a warning box that says the file may become unstable if you change the extention. Just click YES. That should fix it for you.

k thx i got it to work an its prety cool lol but ima wait till ya get it to do it ina random spot

I would think that maybe, just maybe, that could be coded into the game (re randomness), and maybe, they could add the rain now command, so that when it does rain, it rains on everyone's UI at once instead of one person seeing rain and another sunshine... >.>

I was able to just rightclick Save as, as it was already a def file. Then all I had to do was make the directory.

I really like it. I just wish you could have found a way so it wouldnt rain all the time.

Would it be possible for you to add something in the code so that it doesnt rain all the time? Something like /rain off or /weathereffectsoff? Or even better would be an ability to set the streangth of the weather *grins* I had about a 20 second delay as I came out of the crafting hall in Chiconis and as I flew over the city it had this nice misty, foggy quailty that would be awsome for a vid or screenshot, I wish I'd thought about it at the time.

As a side note for adult dragons if you want it to stop raining for now, just change into Khutit form (and back), this causes the rain and mist/clouds to stop, tho it does still stay overcast. At least untill you recall or take a portal somewhere.

Oh Blue what can I say. Thank you so much. I live pretty much in Vancouver BC and the constant rain make me feel right at home. Another great mods from you. *hugs Blue*
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    I been getting a lot of request to see the rain in action from friends in game. So I made them a little short video of it enjoy
    also the sound is very bad not sure why fraps is doing such a bad job it has done other game records just fine?

Blue Rain
    pretty fookin awesome, blue!! you are the weathermaster!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Awsome. I been away from HZ for a long time but i don't remember thunder storms. I would be happy to test this.

The domain flying-reptile.com has expired. =( could somebody upload this file again please?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenaut View Post
    The domain flying-reptile.com has expired. =( could somebody upload this file again please?
    Try this: http://xoshara.googlepages.com/region_default.def
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Thread Information