Thread: Combined Strengths, buildings - Biped and Dragon

Default Combined Strengths, buildings - Biped and Dragon

The withering aegis does not discriminate against it's foe, for it hates both dragon and two leg alike! And our goal should not be to seperate ourselves into dragon doings and two leg doings... So I've thought for some time on how we might work together, where one will need the other and vice versa!

You see, this new idea of mine involves that of crafting! We've obtained a new class, those of us with wings and scales. That to dig holes, and with that comes new resources! So I pondered, and thought... what if the magical strengths of a dragon's construction might be combined with the architectural knowledge of the two legged ones!

When boiled down to it's basics, one could construct an incredible object on their land that may give them benefits or extra storage... Or perhaps it would be of visual value and a spectacle for all to see. The key though lies in the construction, where it would require not just biped construction blocks, but also those of the dragon race! And in turn if a dragon wishes, his lair could have such chambers dedicated to these kinds of construction could exist! I know I for one would drool just a little for a master work of art to be built in a sitting chamber.

I do not know what kinds of benefits the gods would let us benefit from with such constructions, but I'm sure something can be thought of. Perhaps a buff one could harness every few hours? Perhaps a boon to your skills in crafting over all? Though I'd be delighted to have something that was completed in union with the Two Legged Ones! Granted, that's just this blue drakes humble opinion.

*Waggles a finger to the drakes out there and grins*

Now now, I did not say you HAD to let a biped into your home to help construct such a marvelous room. Nor did I say you HAD to help the wee ones with a marvelous construction on their land. Though there are those of us who would enjoy participating in such a construction!!! That, and it would create a need for our kind in their world as more than just air trafficing creatures to bring building supplies to their plots... Though, I do not mind being of such service to others either. *He smiles and folds his wings about himself*

[[ To the Developers - I believe this would be something to think about in your upcoming expansion if it's considered in all. I'm trying to suggest something that is grand for both dragons and bipeds, and requires their cooperation to benefit from. ]]

Cool idea, It would be kinda cool to see to dragon/bi-ped buildings

When the game first came out there used to be a lot more biped/dragon interaction.
    A popular craft plan used to be to have both a dragon and a biped gathering, the dragon did the processing (gaining craft skill), then the biped would make the bricks/bars into a finished product (gaining craft skill) and the dragon would hoard the finished product (increasing hoard).

Sadly no-one seems willing to do that these days - I often suggest it to new players but I never see anyone actually do it anymore.

I too would like to see more opportunities for interaction between dragons and bipeds.
    I'm a biped. Even when I look like a dragon, I'm a biped.

I use to do that quite a bit, and it was awesome! Then fewer and fewer bipeds really wanted to do it... and they discovered deconstructing stuff earned them FAR more experience than actually working with a dragon *grumbles with a bit of annoyance*

But back to the topic at hand! *Grins*

Thumbs up

Your post had me thinking about the plans to allow the dwarves to live in mineshafts.... Subterranian builder work spells 'laircrafter' for me and I would think that this project would offer many opportunities to combine biped construction and laircrafting....
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Grand idea indeed
    As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

I really like the Idea of the OP. Would be perfect for an event - bringing Scaleds and Unscaleds together.

@Snickel: Dwarfs will have their mine-shafts to live in, as will dryads will have big trees for housing. It's all in the Addon.

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    I really like the Idea of the OP. Would be perfect for an event - bringing Scaleds and Unscaleds together.

@Snickel: Dwarfs will have their mine-shafts to live in, as will dryads will have big trees for housing. It's all in the Addon.
    Hm yes, I understood that, Hag

But that doesn't have to mean that the mineshafts are already opened -- dragons dig corridors in their lairs, maybe they could help after all.

They could even help the dryads because they can reach the crowns of the large trews -- but I wonder what they could build there... on the other hand dryads like pretty things, so crystal decorations might be feasible...
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Sounds like a great idea
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

Oh how the mind wanders! How many interesting things could be added? Tons I'm sure! Just requires a bit of the imagination.

Dragons
    Personally, again... I'd enjoy various forms of art to take up some of my space, much like the "Mural" does! I hope to build one of them soon.

I love architecture, and seeing as dragons value items crafted by the Two Legs then why not have a grand hall designed much like a dwarven chamber, though it would have a twist of crystal for the lighting and draconic statues in the niches along the side. Some high arch ways? Tall Columns!

Personally I'd love some "structure" and "architecture" to my lair rather than scrapped out corridors. Grand entry ways into my lair or my hall would be very pleasing! Then again, I'm all about the entry way *Grins, then grows sad...* Thankfully the Two Leg who now owns my lot in Mia's Edge kept the walls intact, but a good example of my love for Entry Ways is there. [on Order, by the beach]

An indoor room that grows a garden, maybe... a gazeebo in the center with luminous shrooms to light the small cavern! And the helian caverns posses water, so why not have a waterfall and a small pond with odd cavern fish and lillies? The two legged one would be needed to construct the Gazeebo, the Dragon to construct the chamber!

Two Legged Ones

A crystal garden comes to mind with various glowing shards in a lovely arrangement, with trees and foilage. The dragon needed for the crystals where as the two leg grows the trees.

Perhaps an enhanced fountain with crystals applied to the outer ridges of the bowls that hold the water, and on the top layer it cascades between them.

I honestly can't think of what would be plausible and attractive for the Two Legs, I've little idea what catches your eye. Though I'm sure for dwarves there could be various things a drake could do for them as someone already pointed out. Rooms with water falls or lava flows perhaps? *shrugs*

I feel I'm short handing the Two Legged side of things, but I assure you I'm not.

Strengths
    Again I emphisize that these structures could provide a "bonus" ... A "reason" to construct them. Something I just considered is that they could
    allow one to gain a gift every 8 hours, which last 2 hours... Or maybe every 3 or so hours since one may likely die in the field. Maybe it could give a bonus to the construction skulls? The dragon provides the crystals to power the enhancement where the biped constructs the shrine for it?

.... oh my mind wanders quite a bit now, and ideas are fleeting and I believe I'm just repeating myself. ... I best rest now before the words just come out as mere messes. I am curious to see what contraptions others may think of.

Thread Information