Thread: Where are Kumu's Walkthrough's???

Default Where are Kumu's Walkthrough's???

Just a quick question -- I just visited the Dragon Subforum to peruse Kumu's RoP walkthru . . . . and I cannot find them anywhere! The thread exists, with everyone's words of praise on a job well done, but not the walkthroughs themselves.

Have they moved? Anyone know?

Icabald Percival Dragon

I was told by the staff here to send PMs... but in generalization

Kumu took his ball and went home... deleted every post he made, including that one.

If I look hard enough I "might" have a copy I can post but highly doubt it.

Here is a cut and paste from MS Word:

Becoming a Lunus Dragon:

Level/Ability Requirements.

To start the quest you must meet the following requirements:[*]Level 30 Adventurer[*]Level 20 Crafter[*]250K Hoard.[/list]To finish the quest you must meet the following requirements:[*]300 Smelting/Scalecraft/Transmutation[/list]Investigate the Historian's Tale.

Note: Do not leave quest items in the vault. You will not get credit for certain parts unless you have the requisite item in your inventory.

1. Travel to Chiconus and speak to Karane the Historian. (/PrintPos 24380/22944)
    2. Travel to Dralk and speak to Valkoth the Ancient. (/PrintPos 22687/28929)
    3. Travel to Chiconus and speak to Semeneth the Ancient. (/PrintPos 24495/22329)
    4. Return to Karane the Historian.
    5. Choose your path and speak to the Faction Representative. Valkoth for Lunus and Semeneth for Helian.

Become a True Lunus.

This quest has many seperate sections to it. They can be done in any order you choose.

Acquire an Orb of Pure Crystal.

1. Travel to Dralk and speak to Lantenal the Hermit. (/PrintPos 21711/27812)
    2. Travel to the crater on the Tri-City island. (Lerena, Greyling, Daikana. /PrintPos 27784,20632) Defeat 5 Guardian of Faces (Lvl 45 Golems with 1900 Hp) and loot the shard of faces from each of them.
    3. Return to the Hermit. He will then buff you with a spell to spawn the Crystallized Golem. This buff will last 30 minutes.
    4. Return to the crater and stand in the middle of the area where the Guardins are until the Crystallized Golem spawns.
    5. Defeat the Crystallized Golem (Lvl 50 Ice Disciple with 35882 Hp) and return to the hermit with the Crystallized Golem Fragments that will appear in your inventory.
    6. Speak to Valkoth.

Acquire an imbued Silver Claw.

1. Obtain 25 Silver Golem Fragments.
    2. Speak to Valkoth and he will hand you the formula to smelt those fragments into the silver claw.
    3. Craft the claw. (300 smelting - 25 Silver Golem Fragments.)
    4. Return to Valkoth.
    5. Travel to Draak and speak to the Entombed Soul. (/PrintPos 29878,21399) He is the statue.

Subquest - Free the Entombed Soul.

1. Defeat the Enslaver of Mind. (Lvl 50, 6000 Hp. /PrintPos of general area he spawns 30251,21355)
    2. Defeat the Enslaver of Will. (Lvl 50, 6000 Hp. /PrintPos of general area he spawns 29808,21178)
    3. Defeat the Enslaver of Spirit. (Lvl 50, 6000 Hp. /PrintPos of general area he spawns 30169,21191)

Subquest - Defeat the Entombed Soul's Will.

1. Speak to the Entombed Soul.
    2. Speak to him again when you are ready to do battle.
    3. Defeat the Entombed Will. (Lvl 60 Dragon, 51246 Hp.)
    4. Speak to the Entombed Soul again.
    5. Return to Valkoth.
    6. Speak to Lantenal the Hermit.
    7. Plunge the claw into the hermit's lava pool. (Sit in the pool for a little bit)

Imbue the Crystal Orb with your own will.

1. Travel to Bristugo and speak to Sheila the Assistant. (/PrintPos 22140/22635)
    2. Travel to Dalimond and speak to Elissana the Consigner. (/PrintPos 22741/22662)
    3. Travel to the Cleric Tower and speak to Saint Thomas. (/PrintPos 23825/20409)
    4. Travel to Chiconus and speak to Seril the Empty. (/PrintPos 24666/21045)
    5. Travel to Selen and speak to Selen Gatekeeper. (/PrintPos 25948/2205)
    6. Travel to Faladan and speak to Barmos the Empty. (/PrintPos 25843/24268)
    7. Travel to Mage Tower and speak to Eilen on the first floor. (/PrintPos 26684/29115)
    8. Travel to the east of the Mage Tower and speak to Talon the Possessed. (/PrintPos 27656/29103)

Subquest - Deliver Talon's Messages.

1. Travel to Summoners Tower and speak to Kaa the Peaceful. (/PrintPos 29943/27875)
    2. Travel to Dryart and speak to Lem the Idealist. (/PrintPos 21342/25218)
    3. Return and speak to talon.
    4. Speak to talon when you are ready to do battle.
    5. Travel East to the 3 lakes. Stand in the middle of these lakes till Esh the Mind Lasher spawns.
    6. Defeat Esh the Mind Lasher. (Lvl 70 Reaver, 31380 HP)
    7. Return to Valkoth.
    8. Travel to Healer Tower and speak to Harle Aela the Pure. (/PrintPos 22315/24599)
    9. Wait 5 minutes.
    10. Talk to Harke the Pure again.
    11. Return to Valkoth.

Create a statue of your adult self.

1. Obtain 10 Obsidian Bricks. These may be crafted for you, but the quest is bugged and will not update.
    2. Travel to Draak and defeat a ghostly dragon (Lvl 50, Hp 1980).
    3. Return to Valkoth.
    4. Craft the mirror (300 transmutation - Dark Mirrored Surface, Ghostly Dragon Eye).
    5. Return to Valkoth.
    6. Speak to the Hermit.
    7. Go to the Lake of Teeth and dip the mirror in it (just sit in the lake).
    8. Return to Lantenal.
    9. Acquire 30 Granite bricks.
    10. Return to Valkoth.
    11. Craft the statue (300 stoneworking - 20 Granite bricks.).
    12. Return to Hermit, who will give you a mold of the statue.
    13. Fill the mold with lava at the Dralk Shine (again just sit in the shrine).
    14. Cool the mold at the Chiconis Shrine (sit in the shrine).
    15. Return to Valkoth.

Create a Phylactery of Shadows.

1. Create the Lunus Phylactery (300 Scalecraft - Charged Crystal Orb, Imbued Silver Claw)
    2. Talk to Valkoth.
    3. Defeat Kaa the Shade. (Lvl 60, 25904 Hp) at the downward spiral in the western deadlands at /PrintPos 19941/26754. To do this, simply use the phylactery on Kaa and it will kill him.
    4. Defeat Lem the Cold. (Lvl 60, 26062 Hp) at the zigzag in the eastern blight at around /PrintPos 29563/24343. To do this, simply use the phylactery on Lem and it will kill him.
    5. Speak to Valkoth.
    6. Create the Shimmering Scale. (280 Scalecraft - 6 Slate Bricks, 6 Iron Bars, 6 Amethyst, 6 Lapis Lazuli)
    7. Speak to Valkeroth.
    8. Defeat the Shadow Dragon. (Lvl 80 Dragon, 500460 HP) Found at /PrintPos 29800/21144 on Draak. Use the phylactery and wear the scale. You may still need some healing support at this stage.
    9. Return to Valkoth.

The End.

1. Speak to Lantenal the Hermit.
    2. Obtain a Token of Esteem for anyone you want to allow to watch the transformation by asking for them from the hermit.
    3. Port to Peak of Storms.
    4. Travel to the top of the mountain and speak with Hethsa the patient. (/PrintPos 14689,19569)
    5. Stand on the flattened stone area and target yourself.
    6. Use the phylactery on yourself and watch the show!
    7. Fly around.
    8. Travel from town to town scaring people and receiving your congratulations.
    9. Go to sleep dangit!

Adult abilities and stat increases.

Path of the Lunus - +40 Flame Resistance, +20 Tooth and Claw.
    Stat gains for aging: +200 Health, +50 Power, +45 Armor, +75 Fly Speed (New stat).
    Last edited by Justa Mirage; July 13th, 2006 at 01:18 PM.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Many Thanks. He will be missed.

I did get his permission to move them over to the Horizons wiki I'm working on here.

If you are looking for walkthroughs on the RoP quests in particular, note that they are a "work in progress" as I'm doing this post, but we have them up on the horizons.gamersinfo.net site as well.

Ancient RoP are going to be a bit longer. Haven't found anyone who remembers doing the quests well enough to do write ups for the site, so I'll be running them myself soon and writing as I go.

Ability and Crafting quests are there already, and Adventurer quests I just have to figure out how to format nicely. If there are categories of walkthroughs that I didn't mention, let me know.

actually what was even more, if not equally as valuable was the fact that he had written up an entire walkthrough of EVERY DRAGON QUESTS every 10 levels. The mobs, their levels, their locations, all of it - so that one could try and group things together, or tackle the easier quests out of the group first, or match them with the trophy quest list I put up there fo rthat reason.

That was far more valuable to me than the ROP or Ancient ROP walkthrough.

Anyone have a copy of that on gn or something. Then I"ll know where to direct hatchlings who are wanting something like that.

I know the list I have, if I still have it, is far outdated...lol.

oh wait, I think Valea that is basically waht you said you had...crafting and adventurer quests....

I guess...we should unsticky the other ones *sigh*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

hehe.. Yep, that's exactly what we do have on the GI.net site.

I haven't gone back and put in every single link to every single mob yet, but right now the levels are there and even after I put in the links they'll stay so that people can do just what you're suggesting. Plan out when to do what quests, that is.

I have a link (it "was" posted in the dragon's forum)

http://members.cox.net/acdungeon/Hor...ity_Quests.rtf

It's the out-dated one as well... need to spruce it up some.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thanks to all of you

I, too, have complete printouts of all of the wonderful walkthroughs in a notebook sitting by my elbow as I play. I was asking because I was talking with a hatchling last night that the best information was to be found in the works of Kumu. He then proceeded to tell me that those posts no longer existed. I could not believe my ears! I went looking and was dismayed. I too would like to have a handy place to which I can direct the hatchling and forgetful Elder (myself :P).

So, If any info is needed, my printouts are current as of June 2006. Do I get the correct impression that he does NOT wish them to be posted at Istaria.com???? Though they are extremely useful, I would not wish to violate his desires as they are his work. But I am willing to pass on info as it is needed.

*mutters to self about the intense passions that rage within the hearts of many a dragon and goes his way, wondering how to tell his readers of this loss in his next edition of the Herald*

I. Percival Dragon
    Assistandt Editor of the Shard Herald of Order

Is Kumu even still playing? I've missed his posted on the boards.

Yep, I see him now and then "Moo"

Erk... this is not good news... as umm... this old ancient was looking for them in order to figure out what he needed and had missed out on... in order to figure out what he needed to get his old creeking bones to work again! .... *sighs* I wish he'd put them back up, I hope he's alright.

[[ double post ]]
    Last edited by Chioxin; July 15th, 2006 at 02:37 PM.

Thread Information