Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uymarr is dead!

hmm i dont think any dragon will have to use too much time to get the fight with uymarr

there is no reason to kill him every spawn because the loot is like from a normal mob

or is the hunting motivation on order/chaos different that you kill him every time you see him?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    LOL I never said EI made the change in the first place. I said maybe they can change it back to the way it was.

And I have gone to Uymarr lots and he has always been there. And others have done so to. Guess it would matter if I did have a dragon doing AROP at the time grouped so someone did get a benefit of the kill. Of course that wasnt the reason for my post.

And it seems from your other post that he hasnt spawned for 5 hrs, thus I dont think its my fault that he hasnt spawned. I killed him way before this problem of spawns.

By the way I am no dragon and have no idea of all the quest spawns. Although I do know Uymarr is, is there a list of them so we can stay clear of them all. But then again lets set up instant respawn on these mobs so this problem doesnt happen again and someone gets there feelings hurt.

Time to move on a start a new fresh start

Jayne
    I can say this. If any mob is accessible to any player then it's fair game. If it's an RoP or ARoP mob then I guess the dragons can just take a number and wait their turn. Named mobs that get in my way get dead. It's just that simple. Dragons don't like that? Tough!

Umyarr is a pain to get to. Surtheim isn't but, ya run the risk of drawing in some fiery dire wolves if ya aint real careful. Mhedon and Galewind have a bad habit of getting involved in things they shouldn't. What's a biped to do? Ask if Dragon Channel for a rescue because Galewind aggroed me? That aint happening, Galewind is getting dead and I need no help to do it. Nor do I need dragon permission or approval. There is nothing wrong with bipeds testing their mettle against the toughest there is. Just because it is required for some quest or other doesn't make it off limits or sacred in some way.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

No, it's just common courtesy.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    Just going to have to back up Kulamata here.

I am so happy that I don't play on your server, Kwinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    I can say this. If any mob is accessible to any player then it's fair game. If it's an RoP or ARoP mob then I guess the dragons can just take a number and wait their turn. Named mobs that get in my way get dead. It's just that simple. Dragons don't like that? Tough!.
    I don't know if you considered the following situation or if you don't care, but many times when I've been hunting in an area someone will say they're looking for named so and so. If so not only will I leave it alone if I see it but I'll give the guy a tell. Others have done the same for me. Sure, if you're the only one around go ahead and kill it; if the person hasn't said he needs that named go ahead. But if he indicated he needed it I think it would be very inconsiderate to kill it just because you could. Killing it wouldn't be illegal or anything, but it WOULD be extremely inconsiderate if you didn't need it and you know someone nearby who did.

I don't think that should matter whether that someone is biped or dragon. Whether you're biped or dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    From Magnir

Originally Posted by Kulamata

Just going to have to back up Kulamata here.

I am so happy that I don't play on your server, Kwinn

Apparantly neither of you two hunt wind or mithril golems much. Bumping into Mhedon and/or Galewind is a fact of life. What would you expect me to do? Take the time to look for someone that MIGHT need to kill critter? And risk a DP in the process because I'm busy looking and not fighting? Or just leave when I find it?

Well, let me clear it up for ya. I won't do any of the above. Critter aggros, critter dies...then and there. I dont go out of my to find em, nor do I go out of my way to avoid. If this doesn't meet with your self-appointed, self-righteous views that's just too friggin bad. Get over yourselves.

And Magnir, you can't possibly be as happy not sharing a server as I am. People like you make me sick.
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    I don't know if you considered the following situation or if you don't care, but many times when I've been hunting in an area someone will say they're looking for named so and so. If so not only will I leave it alone if I see it but I'll give the guy a tell. Others have done the same for me. Sure, if you're the only one around go ahead and kill it; if the person hasn't said he needs that named go ahead. But if he indicated he needed it I think it would be very inconsiderate to kill it just because you could. Killing it wouldn't be illegal or anything, but it WOULD be extremely inconsiderate if you didn't need it and you know someone nearby who did.

I don't think that should matter whether that someone is biped or dragon. Whether you're biped or dragon.
    If I know someone needs a kill, I will help find it, track it, provide heal, buff and firepower support if needed. But to avoid the critter on the off chance somebody might want to kill it a week from the second Tuesday of next week....well, that aint happening.
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

Default Let's remember something here

First off, all need to remember the board rules, and, please, if you need a refresher, please reread the board rules. '

As such, this has been an issue long as I can remember. Esp with the named golem in the granite in Mahagra. We all pay the same fees, we all have to the right to slay any monster that is available ingame. If the monster doesn't respawn in a reasonable time, well, that is a programming issue, alone, in that of itself.

I have no easy answers here, so once again, please be mindful of your posting , following the board guidelines.

Thanks

For the record, I just want to point out that the last time I was there he was set up as an instant respawn. I went as part of a dragon crew as a backup healer and tank (hahaha). He was there, as expected, dragon got the kill, I hung around after everyone left and tried one solo attempt then and again a few weeks later for fun. As far as I was aware, it still was. I've never been in an Umyarr group that couldn't find him but once when a lot of the spawns were broken. Heck, WE had to kill him 3 times to make sure the hatchling could recall.

It's a big game folks, and I'm with Peaches, if the mobs aren't around for those who need it because it strays into people or if it doesn't respawn at a reasonable time then I feel it's a programming issue. It shouldn't be cause for such angst and hate.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Well part of the programing issue is that non-flyers should not get to him. At least that was my understanding of the reason of where he was put. But when I had to go hunt him a few months ago for my AROP it took about 10 or 15 min for him to appear. I know not if that was just normal spawn lag or what.

I have nothing against named killing if eg you are gathering mithrill/marble/whatever and mhedon/brecah/whatever sees you and agrros you by the gathering, and/or you see him and think "before he adds me when i don't look, i kill him."

BUT if you go directly for nameds , except for a quest (eg kill mehdon/eclipse/whatever), i can't accept that. On unity we have a player who kills very often all t5 nameds, who are needet for quest, just for the loot, i mean soo much special loot has no named, a hoard item here some forms there, nothing special, all other mobs drop the same, in not sucha high rate.

Yes, i know we pay all the same fees, but that's not very friendly if you camp quest needet mobs just for fun when a other person needs it.

And what would you think if dragons would camp surthiem at fire island and a archer needs him? Not very friendly imo.

But well, everyone shoudl play how he/she/it likes it, but its makes bad blood if you camp mobs who are needet for quests.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Test
    Were you having trouble seeing Takora's post too?
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

I agree Takora. I dont camp named mobs. If that were the case I would have just planted jayne at uymarr and logged in every hour or two. As I stated Uymarr was simply a goal for me to see if I could solo him. And actually I should have done it long ago, but forgot. There was no intent of being a dragon hater or anything of the sort.

It was simply a goal and was something to do. Lord know we need more to do.

Yes Kel I couldnt see it. And whenI did the test it still didnt show it to me for a few minutes. Something is definetly wrong but what I have no idea

Thread Information