Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough. Is. ENOUGH!!!

TG is guilty as far as the original team selling all the rights to Europe. Ever since they have had no control over what happens, their hands are bound and mouths are gagged.. and not so much in a kinky way.

TG has made a lot of huge mistakes, they have fixed their ways, they are improving the game substainially. They have also been heavily cash flow limited for a long time, and have done what they could. They don't have the funds to just outright buy Unity and host it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    IF you have incontrovertable evidence that TG owns the database and not GN then lets see it. These conversations you have had with 'other' games are NOT evidence of the TG-GN situation, they mean about the same thing as that piece of expelled matter circling the drain in your toilet.
    Where is your damned evidence that TG does NOT own the DB on unity?
    You are so sure about it, but where comes that from?
    Did you see the contract between GN and AE?

I didn't.
    I asked someone hosting an MMO about how it is done normaly.

What makes you think that ******** DB is property of GN? I can't see any indication for that. Now, give me YOUR evidence...

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    About all that blah and stuff who is responsible, honestly, dear NA players, you have not a bit of CLUE how the situation on Unity is right now.

The people are tired of that back and foward steps from GN AND Tulga.

IF you really want to know how the situation in REAL is on Unity, check it out, make a acc and see how the server is going.

At the moment, since the mail has reached us, its like a comma there, all are sitting around and are sad, some do business as usual, but we all know that the day will come when someone pulls the plug, and we try to be somehow happy until this happens.

We all have a BIG question, HOW LONG will unity stay alive? One week? One month? One year? Noonoe knows, noone knows if our work is/will be lost.

All what we are trying is to keep that last sparke of hope, that a wonder happens.

And its easy to argue at the eu players when you are on a na shard.
    It's not a attack at the NA players now, it's my opinion. I'm tired of that na players are saying to us that we are too stupid to go to NA shards or something. WE DONT WANT TO MOVE, accept that, and don't call us "we have no reality or something".

Maybe you try to get used to our situation, remind, would you do the same as we if you where in our situation? If tulga where a eu company, and gn a american one, if Gn would screw YOUR SERVER off. Would you trow away 2,5 playing years and start on a eu shard where you know anyone? Would you?
    I think most of the players on the NA shard do not blame Unity players for wanting to keep what they worked hard to build, let alone their great community. See how many of the US players adopted the sigil that demands proper support for Unity?

I think there is helplessness on both sides -- the Unity players who have decided to stay at all costs are unable to do anything to change the sorry state their server is in, and the NA players are forced to watch and cannot do anything to help, either.

Besides hoping. But that has become more and more difficult.

I wonder where people like me figure in this -- which side do people see me on?

I have not regretted starting from the beginning on Order.
    Yet I still feel part of the Unity community.
    But I won't return as long as GN has anything to do with Unity, I'm thoroughly fed up with them.

I see both sides. And I hate it when players attack each other. This is a time when the Unity players should be given comfort and compassion.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    It has been stated over and over by "offical people" (meaning Tulga employees) that GN owns the Unity database. It has been further stated, including by David Bowman, that TG can not access that database in any way shape or form. They have said this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

You just don't listen because you would rather hear Luca's sweet lies than the truth.
    then it should not be hard for you to give me a qoute, either in the forums, or maybe out of your IRC logs...

I din't hear it anytime, although I asked many times.
    And I am talking about the "owning" thing... I heard that they have no access, that says nothing who owns the DB.

You are kidding, right? you want me to get an EU credit card, sign up at GN and GIVE them MORE money so they can abuse you longer? You really are daft.
    Oh, yes I'm kidding, like you. You want me to get an american credit cart, sign up at Tulga and GIVE them MORE money so they can let Unity die? YOU are really are draft.

Unity will continue until the day that GN, not TG, but GN is tired of sucking your euros out of your wallets, or stop allowing them to. One or the other.
    Yes i know that, and i will NEVER, really NEVER play again a game that hosts GN or Tulga, of that you can be sure, sir.

I'm crystal clear on the fact you dont want to move, however, that does NOT entitle you to scream and cry 'Boo hoo no one wants to help us, TG and GN are evil and we like forking our euros over hoping and praying that the abuse stops, but oh no we dont want to do anything to aid in our own defense'

IF your tired of hearing NA players tell you that your wrong then take your ballyhoing to the GN board and howl at someone thats guilty for your issue. OR, better yet, send in support tickets then come back and tell me who is responsible for answering those also.
    IF tulga don't wanted us to scream, why we have then a Unity forum over here? Isn't it my right as Unity player to post in the Unity forum`?

IF TG were to treat the NA shards like GN treats Unity I would have been gone long ago, I dont like getting bent over, and I most certainly wouldn't invest 2.5 years getting bent over. Now, that said, if TG were treating us like crap and GN were treating you decent and I wanted to continue playing HZ I'd switch in a skinny minute, but of course, that wasn't the answer you were looking for. Was it?
    Yeah sure, it's easy to say "i can throw away my 2.5 year old char and plot and etc." but would you REALLY do this? I doubt.

Furthermore, I personally haven't attacked you in anything I've said, however, if you'd like it I'm sure I could become more combatitive and most definately more strident in my observations of the situation and your lack of action to change it.
    I havent said you attacked me, but your provocative writing stlye makes the discussion situation not better.

And i have got a reason why i posted this thread in the rant forum.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    TG is guilty as far as the original team selling all the rights to Europe. Ever since they have had no control over what happens, their hands are bound and mouths are gagged.. and not so much in a kinky way.

TG has made a lot of huge mistakes, they have fixed their ways, they are improving the game substainially. They have also been heavily cash flow limited for a long time, and have done what they could. They don't have the funds to just outright buy Unity and host it.
    So, let's raise funds... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    I think most of the players on the NA shard do not blame Unity players for wanting to keep what they worked hard to build, let alone their great community. See how many of the US players adopted the sigil that demands proper support for Unity?

I think there is helplessness on both sides -- the Unity players who have decided to stay at all costs are unable to do anything to change the sorry state their server is in, and the NA players are forced to watch and cannot do anything to help, either.

Besides hoping. But that has become more and more difficult.

I wonder where people like me figure in this -- which side do people see me on?

I have not regretted starting from the beginning on Order.
    Yet I still feel part of the Unity community.
    But I won't return as long as GN has anything to do with Unity, I'm thoroughly fed up with them.

I see both sides. And I hate it when players attack each other. This is a time when the Unity players should be given comfort and compassion.
    True words snickel, i would accept if you would "attack" unity players for their "screaming" behaviour here in the forums. BECAUSE you KNOW the BOTH sides. YOU played on BOTH sides, NA and EU.

My deepest respects go to you that you started over from zero. I can't do that, and many many many Unity players also.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    then it should not be hard for you to give me a qoute, either in the forums, or maybe out of your IRC logs...

I din't hear it anytime, although I asked many times.
    And I am talking about the "owning" thing... I heard that they have no access, that says nothing who owns the DB.
    You demand proof. And you have none either. Everything is speculation. You look for proof that your idea about things is right. That's only human/dwarven/elvish I think. But your idea about the whole mess is as unfounded as everyone elses.

Absence of evidence is not the same as evidence of absence. I think that is the fallacy behind this whole chain of accusatory postings.

If someone cannot prove a point it doesn't mean he's wrong. It doesn't mean he's right, either.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Where is your damned evidence that TG does NOT own the DB on unity?
    You are so sure about it, but where comes that from?
    Did you see the contract between GN and AE?

I didn't.
    I asked someone hosting an MMO about how it is done normaly.

What makes you think that ******** DB is property of GN? I can't see any indication for that. Now, give me YOUR evidence...
    I am NOT going to get into a pissing content with you, DB has said GN owns the Unity database, if you can prove otherwise then prove it, otherwise get off it and move onto a new subject to cry about.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Irih

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    Yes I have heard this also. Case in point. They could not fix the multiple plot bug because A they use a diffrent type of data base and B they could not get access to the database.
    As far as I know the multiple plot bug is fixed...
    how if A & B are true and if they were the cause.

Oh, yes I'm kidding, like you. You want me to get an american credit cart, sign up at Tulga and GIVE them MORE money so they can let Unity die? YOU are really are draft.
    Here you are sucking on an assumption of TG's guilt with no evidence. Additionally, I did not tell you to switch, TG offered that option. nothing more nothing less.

Yes i know that, and i will NEVER, really NEVER play again a game that hosts GN or Tulga, of that you can be sure, sir.
    Again your choice, and boycotting the former would be a good idea, the jury is still out on the latter.

IF tulga don't wanted us to scream, why we have then a Unity forum over here? Isn't it my right as Unity player to post in the Unity forum`?
    Maybe, just maybe that idea needs to be revisited then.

Yeah sure, it's easy to say "i can throw away my 2.5 year old char and plot and etc." but would you REALLY do this? I doubt.
    Here your arrogance and grandious self-pity shines through, you ask a question and rather than accept the answer you decide to answer it for me.

I havent said you attacked me, but your provocative writing stlye makes the discussion situation not better.

And i have got a reason why i posted this thread in the rant forum.
    Dont like the way I write, use the link in my sig to ignore me, or, if you have evidence of my violating the forum rules, then report me.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

So, let's raise funds... ;-)
    Where do you suggest the funds come from?

Here you are sucking on an assumption of TG's guilt with no evidence. Additionally, I did not tell you to switch, TG offered that option. nothing more nothing less.
    As many others before me said, not only GN is guilty, everybody of the both had made mistakes.

Maybe, just maybe that idea needs to be revisited then.
    Oh yes, just delete this froum, but then we will cry somewhere else, hmm maybe rants? You can't stop us from from telling what happens on the EU side.

Here your arrogance and grandious self-pity shines through, you ask a question and rather than accept the answer you decide to answer it for me.
    As i said, it's really easy to say something if you are not in that situation. If i see your char one day on unity jumping arround, i will believe you.

Dont like the way I write, use the link in my sig to ignore me, or, if you have evidence of my violating the forum rules, then report me.
    Why should I ignore you? In RL you cant also ignore a person, not really. I try to keep that conversation friendly, but you, sir, dont let a chance out to jump on someone.

As AA0 says, GN has a different database for our accounts, but the other game databases are the same.

The "multiple plot bug" was that more than one plot was allowed per account, and this bug existed for a long time precisely because Unity's accounts database was different.

But I also remember (from being on IRC at the time)...
    that Tulga and GN worked together to fix the bug, just before the lair auctions. Luca and someone from Tulga (I forget who) put alot of time and effort into sorting the problem out, if they hadn't then the affect on the lair auctions would have been disasterous.

Whatever happened to that wonderful spirit of co-operation? Seems like the two companies don't even talk to each other anymore.

Soresha

Irih

Quote Originally Posted by Soresha
    Whatever happened to that wonderful spirit of co-operation? Seems like the two companies don't even talk to each other anymore.

Soresha

It's a real shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Soresha
    Word.

best,
    Arcat

Arcat, How precisely is TG abandoning you? it looks like it should read 'Owned and abandoned by GN'

Rico asked me this morning if I got this email - I've had no such thing. Perhaps your account has to be a certain age to receive it? I've been a member since March only, seems I don't get this choice.

However I do agree. I may have only been here for 3 or 4 months, but Unity is my home. I have many guildmates I've grown attached to, and enjoy chatting in the dragons channel to you all. Now if the offer was "Come to the new Unity, based in the US, brand new server that we'll give you a copy of your chars on" fine, but I don't want to start over again, on a random server that's already established and that my in-game friends may refuse to go to. I know thats not going to happen; GN aren't going to let Tulga have the database, but I can dream.

Where do you suggest the funds come from?
    Donations from players. I'm quite sure people on unity would donate a bit. Maybee even people on the NA shards? I don't know...

But that could be a way...

Irih

Sorry, read the next one.
    Double post for some reason
    Last edited by Irih; July 14th, 2006 at 02:31 PM.

Thread Information